Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How is there still not Arena?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How is there still not Arena?

Spoletta's Avatar


Spoletta
10.22.2012 , 12:12 AM | #21
If you want arenas then sure get it, but with no rewards at all (maybe cosmetics and titles), this way the dev team will never look at them for balance issues and we'll be all happy.
Make them just for fun and not part of progression.

denpic's Avatar


denpic
10.22.2012 , 12:52 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
If you want arenas then sure get it, but with no rewards at all (maybe cosmetics and titles), this way the dev team will never look at them for balance issues and we'll be all happy.
Make them just for fun and not part of progression.
I disagree they should be another path to pvp gearing with the same rewards as war zones The more the better
Ranked is a failure as far as I'm concerned due to their inability to implement a xserver queue system so
An arena system with smaller teams and smaller Maps would be welcomed
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

GARhenus's Avatar


GARhenus
10.22.2012 , 01:30 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
How would they kill anything?
they don't; they would just bore the opposing team to death

ZomgAChicken's Avatar


ZomgAChicken
10.22.2012 , 01:44 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ZomgAChicken View Post
They are too busy giving us another companion.
I quote myself

Rikuson's Avatar


Rikuson
11.22.2012 , 08:37 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Azrienov View Post
Oh jesus no. The last thing we need are classes that suck in small scale combat getting worse because they can't arena. Marauders are a must have in arena, and the only healer worth taking is obviously going to be OPs. Face it, there is no arena because it would serve to UNDERSCORE the classes that are already suffering in pvp.

Also, PvE>> Spaceship combat >>>>>> PvP in this game.
ya sages/sorcerers would be great at arena and to be honest i know a few commandos that would as well. the game is balanced enough for arenas there wouldn't need to be a change a good team is more then just the combo of characters its the players there ability at there character and there communication.

Rikuson's Avatar


Rikuson
11.22.2012 , 08:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Azrienov View Post
Oh jesus no. The last thing we need are classes that suck in small scale combat getting worse because they can't arena. Marauders are a must have in arena, and the only healer worth taking is obviously going to be OPs. Face it, there is no arena because it would serve to UNDERSCORE the classes that are already suffering in pvp.

Also, PvE>> Spaceship combat >>>>>> PvP in this game.
ya sages/sorcerers would be great at arena and to be honest i know a few commandos that would as well. the game is balanced enough for arenas there wouldn't need to be a change a good team is more then just the combo of characters its the players there ability at there character and there communication.

Briljin's Avatar


Briljin
11.22.2012 , 08:48 PM | #27
Sorry but pass on another failed arena system. We already have zero reason for world PvP, the last thing we need is yet another instanced PvP system. I mean soon we won' t even have to leave fleet... They need to give world PvP a purpose and fix the ranked WZ system.

DirtyDusty's Avatar


DirtyDusty
11.22.2012 , 08:59 PM | #28
I don't care if they have areanas or not, so as long as they don't share a queue with normal WZs.

Uggen's Avatar


Uggen
11.22.2012 , 09:33 PM | #29
+1 for arena. If not arena, then add something. Just add something! Pvp'ers does nothing except for warzones. Open world pvp is a rare phenomenon and duels can't really be called a factor for variaton to the pvp. they don't need to add much. 2-3 small arena maps. Arena gives different ratings than that of ranked warzones. rewards(imo) could be titles.
Implement an instance on the fleet for duelling. Just something. They need to add more pvp variaton into this game.
Uggen-Commando
Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Erishumlol's Avatar


Erishumlol
11.23.2012 , 12:27 AM | #30
Arena with 4v4 bracket only
Hulkgg - Marauder