Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is there still not Arena?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How is there still not Arena?

OKandrew
10.21.2012 , 01:55 PM | #1
Like seriously... What is going on with this. All PVP is awful right now, atleast give us something that is not so terrible...

ZomgAChicken
10.21.2012 , 01:57 PM | #2
They are too busy giving us another companion.

DkSharktooth
10.21.2012 , 03:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ZomgAChicken View Post
They are too busy giving us another companion.
^ Oh snap, it's truth

Marcus_Darkstar
10.21.2012 , 03:41 PM | #4
What's areana?
Sorry, forgot to add "What advantages/disadvantages does areana have over the current format?"

Megatfx
10.21.2012 , 04:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcus_Darkstar View Post
What's areana?
Sorry, forgot to add "What advantages/disadvantages does areana have over the current format?"
It only requires 3-5 people depending on how they want to do brackets. I believe 3v3 would be the most balanced.

Because it is only 3v3 it would mean significantly more teams queuing, the good players would get into the high brackets and fight amongst themselves, the average players would remain in the low brackets and fight amongst themselves.

As it is right now, on my server 3-4 teams dominate RWZ's, anyone else just gets rolled. Those players in turn stop qing RWZ's and the good players end up stuck in queue by themselves. So the good players get bored and the bad players are frustrated right now.

Give us 3v3 and PvP will be a lot more enjoyable. It's also easier for most guilds or players to find 2 other people to queue with on par with themselves than looking for 7 more.

The list just goes on. It would mean that serious organized PvPers would be happy, and casuals would still be able to get into games and have fun. As it is right now, a pug group will queue, fight my team, get destroyed. They will attempt to queue up again in hopes of getting a different team. Nope, the only other team queuing is mine and they get rolled again. Pug groups stops qing.

Brool
10.21.2012 , 05:47 PM | #6
i'll pass on balance around 3v3 or 2v2 or 1v1, and continue to enjoy warzones.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

Aluvi
10.21.2012 , 05:57 PM | #7
+1 for rated arena type pvp. I would love to be able to do PvP that was solely focused on killing your opponent team, and not on objectives.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/kdbutler2
720p Carnage PvP Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

RedEnsign
10.21.2012 , 05:58 PM | #8
Well, keep Arena rewards the EXACT same rewards we get now, and I have no problem with it. The problem lies with people who want Arena, always want better gear for it. Most don't do it for the PvP, they do it for the gear then queue regular battlegrounds to own lesser geared players. Are most of you who want Arena OK with the same gear? Be honest.
At first I couldn't believe the company I work for sold EA the rights to make Star Wars games. Then I realized we get paid anyways when EA fails so all is good.

Azrienov
10.21.2012 , 06:18 PM | #9
Oh jesus no. The last thing we need are classes that suck in small scale combat getting worse because they can't arena. Marauders are a must have in arena, and the only healer worth taking is obviously going to be OPs. Face it, there is no arena because it would serve to UNDERSCORE the classes that are already suffering in pvp.

Also, PvE>> Spaceship combat >>>>>> PvP in this game.

SyphonSith
10.21.2012 , 06:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Azrienov View Post
Oh jesus no. The last thing we need are classes that suck in small scale combat getting worse because they can't arena. Marauders are a must have in arena, and the only healer worth taking is obviously going to be OPs. Face it, there is no arena because it would serve to UNDERSCORE the classes that are already suffering in pvp.

Also, PvE>> Spaceship combat >>>>>> PvP in this game.
So, those classes would then continue queing regular warzone's, what difference would it make for them then?

There is no valid argument to not have arena's imo. More PvP options, and they are a blast. It could even make BW look at the classes that are not performing well. It can't hurt, and I can see it bringing ALLOT of hardcore players back.