Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual weilding sabers vs single blade. Which is superior?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Dual weilding sabers vs single blade. Which is superior?

TheLoneSage
10.22.2012 , 01:32 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cross_Fade View Post
Starkiller. Enough said.
Star Killer was never Cannon. And never will be.
Who's my favorite Villain from the game?
Myself of course.

stormdrakelord
10.22.2012 , 02:10 PM | #12
My opinion is the same as everybody else's: That it depends on the user. If you have a dual wielder that is always on the offense, then they are superior, but put them up against a single-saber user of the same aggressiveness, they will likely lose. Dual-wielding requires time to master and even then, one slip-up and the fight is over for the DW, which is why all jedi/sith should train in both lore-wise, just in case.

The is likely the same idea is the double-bladed vs single-bladed saber debate.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

revansowns
10.23.2012 , 03:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLoneSage View Post
Haters gonna hate.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 50 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 50 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 50 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 29 Jedi Shadow Devasion - Level 25 Sith Marauder Jizzar - Level 19 Powertech Tegldef -Level 18 Scoundrel

TalonVII
10.23.2012 , 03:45 PM | #14
Actually he could be cannon, his OP abilities probably not. I mean if he was cannon i could see him doing some of the things talked about, but he could of been cannon, just tone down his ablities.

Plus I love the reverse blade sith shien form. Just sick.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Cross_Fade
10.23.2012 , 03:49 PM | #15
Uhm, I'm pretty sure TFU games, and books are cannon aslong as it isn't the alternate endings.

Google it dude.

Temeluchus
10.24.2012 , 06:47 PM | #16
Starkiller is canon. The over the top stuff is game mechanics and is not canon. if you want a clearer vision of Starkiller and his "realistic" Force usage, read the TFU books;he's a lot less Force God in them.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

RigbyC
10.24.2012 , 07:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBetty View Post
^ This.

Duel Weilding is a purely offensive acrobabtic style. The idea is to overwhelm your opponent with saber strikes. The downside is you have pretty crap defences. If someone starts taking massive single saber strikes at you, you don't last long.
So Maras in a nutshell. Hit you like a refreshing slice of lemon wrapped around a solid gold brick, yet still manage to maintain a soft squishy center......... well damage mitigation skills aside which you could say is a sudden build up of rage to increase strength, thus the sudden (allbeit temp) increase in defence.

Cross_Fade
10.25.2012 , 09:52 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Starkiller is canon. The over the top stuff is game mechanics and is not canon. if you want a clearer vision of Starkiller and his "realistic" Force usage, read the TFU books;he's a lot less Force God in them.
Still fine with me because he's a complete and total bad motha.

Path-x
10.25.2012 , 12:09 PM | #19
I don't really know which is superior but I personally prefer single-bladed single lightsabre.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.