Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Monthly Cartel Coin Grant

Tordos
10.16.2012 , 07:36 PM | #1
I am curious to know how many cartel coins subscribers will receive for each paid month after F2P has been launched. Will the monthly rate be like the 150 or 200 we received so far with the prior paid months? Will edition of the game matter, i.e. those with a collector's edition or deluxe edition get a higher stipend then those with the standard edition? It would be nice to know these things so we can decide whether we want to continue/start to invest in a subscription or choose the F2P option.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6468

TL;DR: How much will subscribers receive for each paid month from the monthly cartel coin grant?

Blackavaar
10.16.2012 , 07:40 PM | #2
Considering that months after the F2P launch will still be months after the F2P announcement, logic dictates that it would be the latter, 200 Cartel Coins per month.

And they already stated that Collector's Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition owners only get the one time CC bonus.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Tordos
10.16.2012 , 07:50 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Considering that months after the F2P launch will still be months after the F2P announcement, logic dictates that it would be the latter, 200 Cartel Coins per month.

And they already stated that Collector's Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition owners only get the one time CC bonus.

200 Cartel Coins: "Each paid month from August 1, 2012 to Free-to-Play option launch"

That does not mean 200 each month immediately following Free-to-Play launch. And this is my question. If it was 200 a month, then why is this not reflected already in our account for those who have paid for months that will be during F2P. I'm not saying 200 is incorrect, only that it is somewhat unclear at this stage.

I know we only get the bonus once, my other question was whether or not the monthly rate of cartel coins will differ depending on the subscriber's edition of the game.

Blackavaar
10.16.2012 , 08:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tordos View Post
200 Cartel Coins: "Each paid month from August 1, 2012 to Free-to-Play option launch"

That does not mean 200 each month immediately following Free-to-Play launch. And this is my question. If it was 200 a month, then why is this not reflected already in our account for those who have paid for months that will be during F2P. I'm not saying 200 is incorrect, only that it is somewhat unclear at this stage.

I know we only get the bonus once, my other question was whether or not the monthly rate of cartel coins will differ depending on the subscriber's edition of the game.
Maybe, but somehow I doubt they are going to make any lower than 200 CC per month. They want to keep their subscribers subscribing, don't they? So, why do something like that to purposely antagonize them?

And since they stated the bonus was a one time thing and did not increase any of the other monthly amounts based on which version you purchased, I think it's a pretty safe bet that there won't be any additional amount added to any future stipends based on the version you purchased.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Tordos
10.16.2012 , 08:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Maybe, but somehow I doubt they are going to make any lower than 200 CC per month. They want to keep their subscribers subscribing, don't they? So, why do something like that to purposely antagonize them?

And since they stated the bonus was a one time thing and did not increase any of the other monthly amounts based on which version you purchased, I think it's a pretty safe bet that there won't be any additional amount added to any future stipends based on the version you purchased.

I'm in no position to make an accurate analysis of what Bioware/EA wants. For all we know they may be trying to push this game towards completely F2P which they may deem to be a better business model and reduce the incentives of subscribers over time. It's anyone's guess. But a 200 monthly stipend for all subscribers seems to be the safe assumption.

Tordos
11.15.2012 , 05:17 PM | #6
Well it looks like the monthly rewards will look like this:

500 coins per month for a 1 month subscription.
525 coins per month for a 2 month non-recurring subscription.
550 coins per month for a 3 month subscription.
600 coins per month for a 6 month subscription.

(source: http://www.swtor.com/free)

I'm not certain though what day of the month these rewards are given, whether they are given at the end/beginning of each month while subscribed or on each day of the month you made payment for your subscription i.e. if you paid for your subscription on Oct 20th you would receive your rewards on the 20th of each month while you are eligible for one of the above monthly rewards. It shouldn't make a big difference but it would be nice to know these sort of things. So if anyone knows this information, on when we get the rewards each month, do share your knowledge.

JacenHallis
11.15.2012 , 05:32 PM | #7
I'm not certain though what day of the month these rewards are given,
It should be on the day your subscription renews. So, if day 1 of your subscription is, say, Nov. 15, 2012, then you'd get another stipend on Dec. 16 (on day 31). That's how it works in most other games. I could see EA giving you a lump sum once they have their money, but I think the smaller amount spread out over the subscription period would entice the player to actually buy some coins. It's the old "I can wait and get it for free, or I can get some coins now and have it now" conundrum. Patience is hardly a virtue of the modern gamer.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Drudenfusz
11.15.2012 , 05:45 PM | #8
525 coins per month for a 2 month non-recurring subscription.
Does that include 60 days game time cards? Will the reward be higher if one enters more game time card codes together?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

AlixMV
11.15.2012 , 05:50 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Does that include 60 days game time cards? Will the reward be higher if one enters more game time card codes tegether?
I think a '2 month, non-recurring subscription' IS the 60 day time card--it's not a subscription option if you pay with credit card.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Jazhi

Andryah
11.15.2012 , 05:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Does that include 60 days game time cards? Will the reward be higher if one enters more game time card codes tegether?
Yes, it does. I use 60 day game cards and I was awarded 525.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO