Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Doomsdaycomes
11.14.2012 , 09:20 AM | #781
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
This is the last time I'm gonna point out that you have no evidence of this, it is specualtion, plus you do now know how the queues are formed programatically.

It is simply false, and you fail hard.
<.< are you the guy who still won't tell me (or re-tell me if I missed it) why it's so hard to find 3 friends?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current system takes the first 16 peope it can in order of queue'ing, and puts them in a match. I'm sure it has a few funky rules likes if 13 people are ready and the next in the queue is a 4 man premade, it skips those 4 since it can't put 17 people in a match. (and it takes into account factions.)

Either way, if there are 16 people in the pool (ignoring faction) and 8 of them are pug's, 8 of them in premades (2 4-mans). Under a split queue, no one get's a match. Can you deny the math there?

Now let's take 32 peoplle in the pool. This time it's 20 pugs and 3 (12) premades. PuG's get 1 match (16 people) with 4 people left over, while premades still get no match. Still with me on the math here?

64 people in the pool, 40 pugs and 6 (24) premades. Pug's get 2 matches (32 people) with 8 people sitting out. Premades finally get a match, with 2 premades (8 people) sitting out. Tell me you're following this...?

In example 1, our current system would have made 1 match, but the split queue system makes 0. 16 people are sitting around doing nothing.

In example 2, our current system would make 2 matches, but split queue makes 1 match. Once again, 16 people are sitting around doing nothing.

Example 3, our current system would make 4 matches, but split queue makes 3 matches. Once again, 16 people are sitting around doing nothing.

Please, please, please tell me you at least understand the basic concept here, it's only math. (<.< though if you are who I think you are, you didn't get 4 (or 7) is greater than 3.)

Edit: @Filipe: Oh, I agree with most of what you've said in reguard to game terms and concepts. ^_^ was merely commenting on your rough manner (namely the use of antisocial freaks, which tends to offend people.) While we should all conduct ourselves respectfully (I'm bad about that sometimes.) I also understand this is the internet and don't expect everyone to be nice to me.

Veniras
11.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #782
The matchmaker would just tell the premades: "Not enough premades queuing at the moment. Do you want to split up and join the solo queue instead?"

LenrocNewDawn
11.14.2012 , 10:41 AM | #783
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
An argument getting old doesn't make it any less valid. Only if it can be refuted will it go away (and let's face it, neither of us have the know how nor the data to determine what will help queue times.)
While we have no hard data to categorically say what will improve queue times, I think you agree that is safe to presume that a larger pool, from which to draw players in the matches, will mean shorter queue timers. I agree that in order to experience end-game PvP (don't read lvl 50 PvP) one needs to play with a pre made group. Only by doing that he can experience the synergies between the classes and unleash their true potential. But I also think that's not an excuse to create opportunity for gross imbalance when it comes to form the two combating groups.
I do play with friends in pre-mades and I wouldn't like that to be taken away from me still I find hard fought battles the most rewarding if won and, believe me or not, I enjoy more a, hard fought, close defeat then an easy victory that leaves no impression on me. Because in my case is all about the thrill, not the win and if that makes me a scrub then .... I guess I'm one .
One final thought, I find that gross generalizations like "all pre-maders are no lifers that want easy farming" or "all PuGs are social weirdos that want to dumb down the game" to have equal value and relevance for this debate. And that value is "ZERO".

For filipesantana:
"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances." Thomas Jefferson
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

UberDuberSoldat
11.14.2012 , 10:51 AM | #784
the fact that this thread is still alive shows the true volume of skill-less nerds still playing this game who just want a handout to reach the next set of gear so that they can continue to flaunt their mediocrity

TridusSWTOR
11.14.2012 , 10:59 AM | #785
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
the fact that this thread is still alive shows the true volume of skill-less nerds still playing this game who just want a handout to reach the next set of gear so that they can continue to flaunt their mediocrity
Or it actually be an issue.

Vasagi
11.14.2012 , 11:08 AM | #786
Premades do not belong in regular WZs farming pugs, but until cross-server PVP is implemented, there is no other alternative. On my server, often you only get one team to play against for hours on end, and if the premade wasn't in queue, there would not be a WZ.

For you people claiming that anyone who doesn't run with a hardcore PVP guild is socially retarded...let me assure you that some of us despise you "pros" and would rather PUG than tolerate you. Some of us, like it or not, are casual or semi-casual and play for fun. We are tired of the chest thumping, the snide or dismissive attitudes, and the bootlicking that you expect in order to keep the peace. I'm not getting paid for this and there is nothing enjoyable about spending time in game or in vent with sociopaths. You say pro, I say emotionally-stunted manchild.

UGLYMRJ
11.14.2012 , 11:10 AM | #787
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
So you don't want a new system because the current one...doesn't work? You aren't getting what you want right now but you refuse to give others something they do want, for the simple claim that you wanna keep something that you aren't getting anyways.

You admit yourself that ranked pvp is pretty much dead. Why? Because there are no new players coming into PVP, there are no bonds formed and more importantly, when they do join, they don't have fun. Things will get only get worse if you keep things the way they are. Right now, people are leaving PVP a lot more than joining up PVP.

I don't know how else to put this, but if you don't have new people joining PVP and willing to stick around due to lack of enjoyment(or whatever reason), than you won't get the potential competition you are looking for.

You want competition and more ranked matches, but only under a system that doesn't promote higher PVP recruitment.

It just doesn't make sense....
I agree that PvP for many players is frustrating as a fresh 50... and a change would be good. I just don't think this change is the right one.

I stand by my idea of a recruit bracket. While it would also slow down queue times I think THAT idea would be worth it and promote a less frustrating way for players to get geared. This idea simply promotes non-competitive game play and further dumbs down PvP and gives players no incentive to improve, and simply let's them marinate in their badness.

TL;DR: I want ideas that will promote competition and I also agree that PvP for a below average fresh 50 is not appealing. THIS idea is not a good choice but a change that better promotes fresh 50 PvP is.

UGLYMRJ
11.14.2012 , 11:23 AM | #788
And one more thing... the dev's promote community. From the beginning they have said over and over that they promote team work, community and people working together. It was one of their goals with this game. So in short.... the chances of you guys getting your solo queue... is slim to none.

I'd say you might as well adapt, improve and group up. I mean really... you're promoting solo play in an MMO. Do you not see the irony in that?

If not... well enjoy the solo queue. You're just making it easier for me and my group of 4 to finish our weekly's.

GG

chaosmadness
11.14.2012 , 11:37 AM | #789
Normal warzones are getting unbalanced as hell.

We have many heroes that get ***** in Ranked and go in premade with the WH friends to normal warzones.
Now i ask, how can a random group with recruit gear win against this premades ??

Dont understand why Bioware allows players go in premades in normal warzones...whats the point of Ranked then ? I see many ppl going to Ranked only to farm more fast WH gear to after go in premades to normal warzones...***

Many ppl are getting off of pvp because of this, and Gratz to this kind of WH players that go in premades to normal warzones instead of going to Ranked.

Crawelc
11.14.2012 , 11:39 AM | #790
I would que for ranked all day long, if I could have perfect comp available to me all day long. As it stands I dont and im not rolling the dice on the other 1 team that might be running having perfect comp. So I will put my guild into 2 4 man premades in regulars before I que for rateds with 3 healers and no tanks.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.