Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

filipesantana
11.13.2012 , 03:42 PM | #741
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Theres still no real good reasons why premade runners wont give up objecting us PUGs getting a q of our own.

there still no good excuse for people to WANT to solo queue....

are you an anti social freak?

do you have issues?

can you be a normal perosn and interact with other human beings?

premades take aorund 10 mins to join one or make one...so TIME is also not an excuse...so what else is left for people to WANT to solo queue in a type of game where you are supose to TEAM UP and INTERACT?

Theodulus
11.13.2012 , 03:43 PM | #742
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Most people I know left PvP because of lack of competition.... not balance.
Does this mean that all that are still here are baddies? Judging by the state of RWZ I would guess so.

UGLYMRJ
11.13.2012 , 03:44 PM | #743
I hear no one igame that wants the Premade vs PUG situation, and theres only a few argueing for it on the forums, You are one of these few loudmouths. And I understand you dont want to go premade vs premade, rather want to stomp PUGs in a premade team, parhaps?

So we all see why you are demanding premade vs PUGs. It has nothing to do with Q time as you said, nor an other reason than you enjoy PUG stomping.

Myself I find it very boring being in a premade team since theres NO challange at all being surrounded by 24/7 powerhealers, I rather enjoy the randomness and challange with running PUG vs PUG.
You are obviously missing my point...

Myself and many DO NOT enjoy pug stomping... but with the very low talent levels on this server what I would prefer is that those pugs and lower tier players improved to raise competition. Myself and the people I play with want MORE competition. Were currently playing the same 5 guilds over and over for competition and we ALL want new faces to play.

What I want and the players I deal with want... is more competition. Simple as that. I'd say there is a very small percentage of PvP'ers who are competent. This idea of a solo queue will not only increase queue times but it will also promote casual, non-competitive, skill free PvP and will NOT bring any new faces into the competitive side of PvP.

I simply don't want to cater or reward lack of effort and competition and suffer longer queue times on top of it.

UGLYMRJ
11.13.2012 , 03:46 PM | #744
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Does this mean that all that are still here are baddies? Judging by the state of RWZ I would guess so.
Sadly.... I think so. I'd say the over all level of PvP has gone down drastically. Trying to recruit for rated teams is brutal. There's not much talent left and very little new talent coming in.

filipesantana
11.13.2012 , 03:49 PM | #745
Sadly.... I think so. I'd say the over all level of PvP has gone down drastically. Trying to recruit for rated teams is brutal. There's not much talent left and very little new talent coming in.
well swtor pvp never really catered to pvp tallent lets be real ..

you cant find a more homogenized..simple...wiht lack of in depth pvp mmo out there..its like the skillcap and the skill floor are the same here..

UGLYMRJ
11.13.2012 , 03:52 PM | #746
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
well swtor pvp never really catered to pvp tallent lets be real ..

you cant find a more homogenized..simple...wiht lack of in depth pvp mmo out there..its like the skillcap and the skill floor are the same here..
Seriously... it had a nice start and it's harder and harder to stay on this ride.

They are constantly dumbing down PvP and catering to the casuals already. I really hope they keep following that path. They might get some short term subs from it but it will surely make the long term PvP'ers leave.

filipesantana
11.13.2012 , 03:58 PM | #747
Seriously... it had a nice start and it's harder and harder to stay on this ride.

They are constantly dumbing down PvP and catering to the casuals already. I really hope they keep following that path. They might get some short term subs from it but it will surely make the long term PvP'ers leave.
yup...this game is as close to a 3 button fps as possible......it kinda really looks like a 3rd person fps more and more lately...

UncelSam
11.13.2012 , 04:00 PM | #748
You are obviously missing my point...

Myself and many DO NOT enjoy pug stomping... but with the very low talent levels on this server what I would prefer is that those pugs and lower tier players improved to raise competition. Myself and the people I play with want MORE competition. Were currently playing the same 5 guilds over and over for competition and we ALL want new faces to play.

What I want and the players I deal with want... is more competition. Simple as that. I'd say there is a very small percentage of PvP'ers who are competent. This idea of a solo queue will not only increase queue times but it will also promote casual, non-competitive, skill free PvP and will NOT bring any new faces into the competitive side of PvP.

I simply don't want to cater or reward lack of effort and competition and suffer longer queue times on top of it.
If you enjoy challange go play premade vs premade, and leave us PUG in peace. We dont need the presence of your kind. But obvisouly you dont seek that challange, its very clear now. And with the present situation less and less ppl are playing, so we will all be happy if you go to your kind of ppl and let the PUGs play PUG vs PUG.

You are just not getting outta this argument that you like beating the lesser skilled/equipped players.

HuaRya
11.13.2012 , 04:04 PM | #749
Theres still no real good reasons why premade runners wont give up objecting us PUGs getting a q of our own.

For the longest time I thought that because of the server mergers the pubs on our server were dominant and better geared. So I made a toon on that faction and slowly leveled up doing mostly pvp. While I was pre-50 I kept thinking, oh I can't wait until I get to 50 cause then it will be an entirely new experience of winning.

You can imagine my shock to find that once I hit 50 I wasn't teamed up with all these WH/Elite WH geared opponents I was used to fighting. Instead I was thrown in with a mostly low geared group that lacked teamwork like they did in lowbie pre 50. Another amazing realization was I was fighting Imp 50's I had never been on a team with. They were better geared and were in guilds I had not recognized. Mind you I had played on Imp side for a couple of months so I should've known a few of them. Nope.

I NOW KNOW:

It's the premades abusing the system to farm medals off the pugs.

It took me awhile to find this out because for the longest time I had only seen one side. Now I can see both and it is plain as the nose on a Rodian's face.

BIOWARE: Please Separate Group and Solo PVP Queues as they are entirely different.

Theodulus
11.13.2012 , 04:14 PM | #750
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
For the longest time I thought that because of the server mergers the pubs on our server were dominant and better geared. So I made a toon on that faction and slowly leveled up doing mostly pvp. While I was pre-50 I kept thinking, oh I can't wait until I get to 50 cause then it will be an entirely new experience of winning.

You can imagine my shock to find that once I hit 50 I wasn't teamed up with all these WH/Elite WH geared opponents I was used to fighting. Instead I was thrown in with a mostly low geared group that lacked teamwork like they did in lowbie pre 50. Another amazing realization was I was fighting Imp 50's I had never been on a team with. They were better geared and were in guilds I had not recognized. Mind you I had played on Imp side for a couple of months so I should've known a few of them. Nope.

I NOW KNOW:

It's the premades abusing the system to farm medals off the pugs.

It took me awhile to find this out because for the longest time I had only seen one side. Now I can see both and it is plain as the nose on a Rodian's face.

BIOWARE: Please Separate Group and Solo PVP Queues as they are entirely different.
Nah it's just that they take the first 16 available players to form a wz. It's not that likely two 4-man premades are queuing up on the same time from different factions waiting for a wz pop. That's why you often will feel that you are always ending up in a pure PUG facing a premade. BW certainly could do some minor matching algorithm where a premade could wait up to let's say 10 minutes to be matched against another premade currently doing warzones. Chances are that the premade are going to do a few warzone together. The famous metrics can certainly help them to devise a such algorithm. I'm certain everyone will find a more balanced warzone with the same amount of idiots on both sides to be slightly more enjoyable.