Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

DainjaMouz's Avatar


DainjaMouz
11.06.2013 , 02:54 PM | #6211
Quote: Originally Posted by knownastherat View Post
I want some answers, communication. They will not give me any?
This is exactly my point--they will not give you any answers. They haven't given anyone anything after 6000+ posts on the topic--what makes anyone think that another 1000 on the pile is going to change things? I believe it was Einstein that defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." What ARE you expecting--some BW community moderator is going to read the 7001st post and say "wow, we've really got to do something about this!"?

The ironic thing is that BW doesn't need to explain why it's not doing anything, because it's already got a WHOLE BUNCH of people on this thread telling you that premades aren't a problem, and that any pugs that complain are a bunch of whiny-babies. Face it, it's not like the entire SWTOR community is complaining. Lots of players like the status quo. BW can choose to do NOTHING, and continue to rake in the subscription fees while this flamefest continues ad infinitum. The only thing that continuing to post on this thread does is take up additional disk capacity in a server farm somewhere.

Which brings me back to: if you want some answers, you have to change your approach. Walking away from your subscription (with an email to customer support) certainly sends a stronger signal than perpetuating this conversation. The only point this thread serves at this point is to provide a forum for certain users to complain about premades, and for other users to defend the status quo. All in all, it's a pretty good deal for BW.
The PvP Fringe @ Jedi Covenant
Ashes of Ashla Andrrikan - lvl 55 MM | Ultetharu - lvl 14 Merc
Dainjamous - lvl 36 Sentinel
"Less frou frou, more pew pew!"

vennian's Avatar


vennian
11.06.2013 , 03:03 PM | #6212
Quote: Originally Posted by Domatron View Post
option D) use the /inv command available to all players
Not applicable as the skiillcap for running a premade in regs is so boringly low that you have to go into the cellar to find it. There' simply no challenge in it.

If you wanna test any potential mettle, you want to go PUG vs PUG. THAT's where you get to prove your worth (or lack of)

Domatron's Avatar


Domatron
11.06.2013 , 03:26 PM | #6213
Quote: Originally Posted by vennian View Post
Not applicable as the skiillcap for running a premade in regs is so boringly low that you have to go into the cellar to find it. There' simply no challenge in it.

If you wanna test any potential mettle, you want to go PUG vs PUG. THAT's where you get to prove your worth (or lack of)
If you want to test mettle you do ranked not regs, pug vs pug is only a contest of which team gets randomly assigned the least dead weight.

So my other option, que solo ranked seems to fit the bill of what you're after

knownastherat's Avatar


knownastherat
11.06.2013 , 03:35 PM | #6214
Quote: Originally Posted by DainjaMouz View Post
This is exactly my point--they will not give you any answers. They haven't given anyone anything after 6000+ posts on the topic--what makes anyone think that another 1000 on the pile is going to change things? I believe it was Einstein that defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." What ARE you expecting--some BW community moderator is going to read the 7001st post and say "wow, we've really got to do something about this!"?

The ironic thing is that BW doesn't need to explain why it's not doing anything, because it's already got a WHOLE BUNCH of people on this thread telling you that premades aren't a problem, and that any pugs that complain are a bunch of whiny-babies. Face it, it's not like the entire SWTOR community is complaining. Lots of players like the status quo. BW can choose to do NOTHING, and continue to rake in the subscription fees while this flamefest continues ad infinitum. The only thing that continuing to post on this thread does is take up additional disk capacity in a server farm somewhere.

Which brings me back to: if you want some answers, you have to change your approach. Walking away from your subscription (with an email to customer support) certainly sends a stronger signal than perpetuating this conversation. The only point this thread serves at this point is to provide a forum for certain users to complain about premades, and for other users to defend the status quo. All in all, it's a pretty good deal for BW.
Though academic debate as neither of us have the numbers .. btw like today I remember BW in beta days sharing how they have matrix for this and that, how can they tell where on map players run and dont .. the whole lot of people you have in mind do not claim that premades are not a problem. Define problem.

It is for fact that premades play games against pugs. The phenomenon exists. From where I sit, almost nobody is even advocating status quo, just some are less bothered than others and/or do not have any hopes for change. Killing PvP remember? So how is PvP population, and gameplay, on servers? Lets not go there.

There is win-win scenario. Scenario leading to everyone, more or less, happy. As you noted, some might have different cost/benefit analysis and others ask for them. Maybe you are right and there is no point asking, but unless its against some rules I have not read it is my right.

Subscription will run out sooner or later, that is inevitable. Considering the thread proportions, I do expect those responsible come here and communicate or at lest address the issue officially elsewhere. If it bothers you, it is not my intention.

Ren_simp's Avatar


Ren_simp
11.06.2013 , 04:18 PM | #6215
There's nothing for bioware to address this is an mmo based on people grouping and playing together
Weather you see premade vs pug as "unfair" is irrelevant
That's why theres no response because it's just a stupid whine over people expecting some sort of single player game from a mmo its crazy and I'm glad they give it no attention because it deserves none.

knownastherat's Avatar


knownastherat
11.06.2013 , 04:27 PM | #6216
Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post
There's nothing for bioware to address this is an mmo based on people grouping and playing together
Weather you see premade vs pug as "unfair" is irrelevant
That's why theres no response because it's just a stupid whine over people expecting some sort of single player game from a mmo its crazy and I'm glad they give it no attention because it deserves none.
Not quite. The issue, as demonstrated several times, is deeper than "unfair", although we can debate how "fair" and "competitive" and "fun" are related. The issue is lack of PvP player base. Whether its cause or consequence is irrelevant. The suggestion is cross-server interaction. I would almost write something about BW sockpuppet or trolling, as its beyond me how can someone advocate status quo for cometitive PvP in SWTOR, but its probably against the rules so lets keep the thread moving.

Ren_simp's Avatar


Ren_simp
11.06.2013 , 04:45 PM | #6217
Quote: Originally Posted by knownastherat View Post
Not quite. The issue, as demonstrated several times, is deeper than "unfair", although we can debate how "fair" and "competitive" and "fun" are related. The issue is lack of PvP player base. Whether its cause or consequence is irrelevant. The suggestion is cross-server interaction. I would almost write something about BW sockpuppet or trolling, as its beyond me how can someone advocate status quo for cometitive PvP in SWTOR, but its probably against the rules so lets keep the thread moving.
So because because Someone doesn't agree and sees no issue with the status que they're a bioware sock puppet
Yeah right .... The fact is premades are part of the game they are not game breaking
People against them use them as an excuse for their own failings.
and the majority of the player base and bioware agrees that there's no issue.

Ren_simp's Avatar


Ren_simp
11.06.2013 , 04:56 PM | #6218
Double post

knownastherat's Avatar


knownastherat
11.06.2013 , 04:57 PM | #6219
Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post
So because because Someone doesn't agree and sees no issue with the status que they're a bioware sock puppet
Yeah right .... The fact is premades are part of the game they are not game breaking
People against them use them as an excuse for their own failings.
and the majority of the player base and bioware agrees that there's no issue.
Well, it was kind of joke and expression of amazement. I've played competitive games before so I have some idea how it works. Here in SWTOR premades are part of the game, and while I am not sure what "game breaking" means, this thread of thousands of replies exists. I do not see another thread of similar magnitude about non-existing issues.

Your interpretation is noted, however, it differs from my intentions and motivation. Your claims about majority of player base are unsupported, but also noted. I am not sure what claim of mine you don't agree with, but as far as your post was concerned, yes, I cannot believe someone can hold so biased opinion.

DainjaMouz's Avatar


DainjaMouz
11.06.2013 , 05:07 PM | #6220
Quote: Originally Posted by knownastherat View Post
It is for fact that premades play games against pugs. The phenomenon exists. From where I sit, almost nobody is even advocating status quo, just some are less bothered than others and/or do not have any hopes for change.
If you scroll down just a bit, you'll find this:

Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post
There's nothing for bioware to address this is an mmo based on people grouping...That's why theres no response because it's just a stupid whine over people expecting some sort of single player game from a mmo its crazy and I'm glad they give it no attention because it deserves none.
As I said, BW doesn't have to respond, because there are plenty of people satisfied with the status quo. These same players (including myself) will gladly make the case for inaction, allowing BW to remain above the fray. If you don't believe that, you obviously haven't spent any time reviewing this thread. You've made the same mistake that 100s of others on this thread have made before you: that your perspective is somehow "special" and worthy of a response. In reality, the number of people complaining on this thread are a small fraction of the overall subscriber base. Unless the DATA indicate an exodus of subscribers as a result of poor PvP experience due to premades, nothing you say in this thread is worth the time you spent typing it up.

Sorry to sound all harsh...I just hate to see pugs typing when they could be making bad decisions in a WZ.
The PvP Fringe @ Jedi Covenant
Ashes of Ashla Andrrikan - lvl 55 MM | Ultetharu - lvl 14 Merc
Dainjamous - lvl 36 Sentinel
"Less frou frou, more pew pew!"