Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Baron_Samedi
11.06.2013 , 09:19 AM | #6201
Quote: Originally Posted by Boufsa View Post
Alt-f4 is enough. I am on SSD hard drive so the game launch pretty fast. Compared to using the "leave WZ" button, I will maybe loose 20s at most. And as I stated it is highly improbable they will detect the alt+f4 because even if they did that it would not solve the problem. I took the unplug example, but I have many other options like for example tuning my firewall, and interrupt only enough to get disconnected do the servers page, so that I don't even have to close and re-launch the game. Sorry for you, but it is quick and easy to go around your proposition.
That's YOU. Are you sure that all others are running on SSD and that - come on, would love to do that EVERY TIME they bump into a "problematic" WZ?

In the arenas if you are considered a week class as I am and focused from the start by those F*** sneaky assassins, you often get 0 medals during the fight, which gives absolutely no valor or commendations at the end. If you force me to stay, I can maybe do a /stuck and wait for the end of the fight? By doing so I ensure I won't get replaced and my team mates will be 3v4 all along, which is quite deadly most of the time.
Which class is that? Sage? Inquisitor? If it is so, than I must say some of the most formidable foes I've encountered were sages and inquisitors.

I was in WZ where my team was against 6 inquisitors, I presume 2 of them were healers. Other 2 were, think, 1 jugg and 1 pt...

It was a carnage. You know how looks like S&V last boss, the lightning manifestation? Try that on 50 lvl armor on nightmare mode.

Only solution is to set up a "no arenas" option, and you will soon see that non ranked arenas will get deserted pretty quickly because most players don't like it
I don't know, I kinda like the arenas because they show me clear picture about some players: you can nice see there who is an idiot, who does not listen, who knows his rotations, who thinks is a jedi rambo but does not keybind (just look how he TURNS, if he does it in air and in split second, he knows to combine WASD and right mouse button - but I was amazed HOW SMALL PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT!)...

Also, I love arenas because its quick: you need your daily quickly, cause you wait your gm to assemble op team? Arenas are the best - you enter, divide some smacks, you leave. Quick.

Baron_Samedi
11.06.2013 , 09:28 AM | #6202
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
so, have I understood this correctly? 'The good players' pass on the opportunity to show off their awesomeness, be the deciding factor to win a WZ, or to create a reputation as the the good player who teach the 'bads' a few tricks to get them better and by his lonesome got the skills to carry a mediocre team to victory!!??

OR did the 'good player' realize that this is not the team to carry HIM to victory!!???????
Well... it could be the later, what you said...

But good players are not very decisive factors. There are no such thing as Jedi Rambo. Sure, they can clear out, say, 2-3 foes on Voidstar gate or solely intercept inc on Alderaan node.
In Huttball they can score 1-2. After the enemy sees them as big threat and focus them. Then you loose energy faster than you can click anything.

So there are many rage quits...

In my experience, the reasons of WZ loosing are this (ordered):
1) Not focusing on objectives (here go kill-kill-kill, not call inc)
2) Premade on com - and especially frightful premade is 2XASSASIN-OPERATIVE HEALER (these kill through WZ even if they are squishy 1v1)
2) Not using ccs instead of sword and standing in place
3) Not focusing fire
4) Showing acute idiotism in form of attacking obviously mezzed player

Now - premades can be beaten, but then at least 7 of pug players on other side must be pro. And by that I mean that a) they know their toon better than they know their wallet, b) they keybind, c) they know other classes like back of their house.

And in how many cases you have that?

vennian
11.06.2013 , 10:15 AM | #6203
Quote: Originally Posted by DainjaMouz View Post
Maybe coordinate sending BW pictures of the 1000s of dead pugs sacrificed to the premade horde. More whining here isn't going to help
Th reason why they havent fixed it is likely twofold:

1) Separation would drive queue times for group pvp'ers up
2) Pugs players are easy to replace. For every fed up pug veteran who quits, there's an inexperienced newbie pug player who starts his new found career as cannon fodder.

That said we can use oour main PUG "weapons" which are:
1) Vote with our wallets. Hurting BW on the income is the best tool to show displeasure with the current system
2) Leave imbalanced warzones early in protest. Give "Mr. Metrics" some extra data to analyse.
3) Not play them at all

I will use all tools liberally once my sub expires.

cashogy_reborn
11.06.2013 , 12:02 PM | #6204
This thread is dumb and you should all feel dumb
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

DainjaMouz
11.06.2013 , 12:59 PM | #6205
Quote: Originally Posted by vennian View Post
Give "Mr. Metrics" some extra data to analyse.
"Mr. Metrics" has a nice ring to it...much better than "Mr. Fact-based Analysis", which I was thinking about trademarking. Because if you lay out the facts, there really only three (3) options:

(1) The 6000-odd posts complaining about premades (actually, the number is probably more like 3500, since there seems to be a rough balance of posts complaining and defending (or saying "meh") to premades) doesn't jibe with what BW is seeing from the DATA, and they've chosen to ignore the issue and say nothing.

(2) The posts have had their desired response, and BW working on something that they're saying absolutely nothing about. And, they're maintaining radio silence even tho a public statement that they're trying to fix the issue would provide a business benefit (i.e., premade haterz deciding to maintain their subscriptions and hold out for a solution).

(3) They know there's an issue with premades, but the cost / effort of a reasonable solution isn't currently justified by the scope of the issue (again, determined by looking at the DATA). In this case, BW benefits by saying nothing. This is because if they say they have no intent of solving the problem, all the premade haterz would immediately unsubscribe (or find something else to complain about).

So, all three scenarios result in BW keeping quiet. But, in the ONLY option that gets premade haterz some sort of satisfaction, BW actually benefits from speaking out: even if it's in the most generic, vaporware terms. Guess what...they haven't. Look at the press releases, the blogs, the video interviews, etc.--I can't find any evidence that anyone at BW sees premades as an issue. If you have the smoking gun, please wave it around for the rest of us.

Which brings me back to the point of my original post...you can either continue to whine and complain on a 600-page thread about premade baddies (accomplishing NOTHING), or you can up your game.
The PvP Fringe @ Jedi Covenant
Ashes of Ashla Andrrikan - lvl 55 MM | Ultetharu - lvl 14 Merc
Dainjamous - lvl 36 Sentinel
"Less frou frou, more pew pew!"

vennian
11.06.2013 , 01:29 PM | #6206
Which brings me back to the point of my original post...you can either continue to whine and complain on a 600-page thread about premade baddies (accomplishing NOTHING), or you can up your game.
No, we can

A) Keep complaining and grow moustaches et cetera as a sign of awareness on an still existing issue

and/or

B) Unsub.

C) Suffer an inbalanced design.

I choose B) in a week or two.

DarthSabreth
11.06.2013 , 01:34 PM | #6207
At the moment, this is all a moot point.
1. there is no cross server que system in place with out it you are stuck on the same server facing the same crowds.
2. there is no match making system, they cant, there is no pool to draw from due to no cross server ques.
3. they took away the ranked 8v8's, for those of us like my self that loves to que up in a group with fellow guildies, we are by default pited against pugs, sometimes we lose mostly we win, I like gaming with my friends its a mmo, but BW does not give us the tools to que as a guild against other groups, arenas do not test skill, team play and objectives do.

the moral of the story is, if there are no tools to game with our friends with out intifearing with solo pug groups then it will always be an issue, arenas are fun but its just a boring duel and does not test skill or competitive objective team play.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Domatron
11.06.2013 , 01:37 PM | #6208
option D) use the /inv command available to all players
option E) use the existing solo ranked que and never face pre-mades again

Domatron
11.06.2013 , 01:49 PM | #6209
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
arenas do not test skill, team play and objectives do.
Respecing to turtle matches, huttball click macros, indefinite suicide runs to stop caps, trading AOE cc bombs hoping to get a lucky cap. This was the "skill" rewarded by 8v8s, arena requires far more actual ability playing your toon to consistently win.
Not saying 8v8 wasn't fun or didn't require skill, just saying it's silly to say 8v8 requires more skill than arena. Mistakes are less forgiving in arena and you can't hide the bad in 4v4.

knownastherat
11.06.2013 , 02:05 PM | #6210
"Mr. Metrics" has a nice ring to it...much better than "Mr. Fact-based Analysis", which I was thinking about trademarking. Because if you lay out the facts, there really only three (3) options:

(1) The 6000-odd posts complaining about premades (actually, the number is probably more like 3500, since there seems to be a rough balance of posts complaining and defending (or saying "meh") to premades) doesn't jibe with what BW is seeing from the DATA, and they've chosen to ignore the issue and say nothing.

(2) The posts have had their desired response, and BW working on something that they're saying absolutely nothing about. And, they're maintaining radio silence even tho a public statement that they're trying to fix the issue would provide a business benefit (i.e., premade haterz deciding to maintain their subscriptions and hold out for a solution).

(3) They know there's an issue with premades, but the cost / effort of a reasonable solution isn't currently justified by the scope of the issue (again, determined by looking at the DATA). In this case, BW benefits by saying nothing. This is because if they say they have no intent of solving the problem, all the premade haterz would immediately unsubscribe (or find something else to complain about).

So, all three scenarios result in BW keeping quiet. But, in the ONLY option that gets premade haterz some sort of satisfaction, BW actually benefits from speaking out: even if it's in the most generic, vaporware terms. Guess what...they haven't. Look at the press releases, the blogs, the video interviews, etc.--I can't find any evidence that anyone at BW sees premades as an issue. If you have the smoking gun, please wave it around for the rest of us.

I am not sure what is so abnormal about being curious customer not happy with current service, asking questions about future of such service. Its happening in business world every day and that is why enterprises have PR departments and such.

I want some answers, communication. They will not give me any? I will be very careful when keeping current service and purchasing future ones from such company. We do not care, take your stuff and go .. oh its no good for business to tell me straight. Geniuses.

They are quiet because of (3) otherwise EA PR need modify their ranks.