Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Doomsdaycomes
11.08.2012 , 04:48 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
A skilled premader has an average lower skill than a skilled pug. The pugger has had to adapt to better spatioal awareness, not being able to rely on the teammates doing exactly what he is expecting them to do and not having a know team composition.

Basically, a skilled pugger has had more challenges than a skilled premader. Hence, better.
<.< then why is it that people complain about premades kicking their *** and not teams of high skilled PuG's?

Check mate.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
Just stop already, your psuedo intellecualism is transparent and it fails hard.
<.< I find nothing terribly intellectual about pointing out the obvious. Premaders that win do so through a combination of personal skill and team skill/coordnation. PuG's that that lose to them are either lacking personal skill and/or team skill/coordination.

@MelodicSixNine: I fully believe ranked should have a 4 person queue option, and I think it would get most ranked-capable players out of normal matches.

Like wise, I think normal matches should have better matchmaking in the hopes of getting like teams vs like teams. (Aka 2 premades vs. 2 premades, 1 premade+4 pugs vs. 1 premade+4 pugs). This would be an inclusive option as opposed to the exclusive solo -or- group queue. Cross server queue's would also aid this pool in being large enough for a more complicated match making system.

In the mean time, you can't really blame players for wanting to play. Ranked is not an accessable option in it's current state.

Muramxx
11.08.2012 , 05:01 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
<.< then why is it that people complain about premades kicking their *** and not teams of high skilled PuG's?

Check mate.
read much? I seem to think you like picking and choosing what you want to see on here. Takes more skill to win as a Full PUG (being on a team that randomly gets 5 Mercs, which has happened to me) VS a premade team that has the 2 healers, tank etc. Yet PUG's fight on and now and then give the premades a run for their money. It's the fact that when you have **** and you fight against overwhelming odds It's like being the republic in the battle of Hoth you just can't win unless you 1 in 30 chance you get a random team that actaully has something to compete with. Once in awhile you get what you need and the "weaker force" wins like fighting the Death Star. It happens just not often to justify that premades should always be grouped against PUG's.

Doomsdaycomes
11.08.2012 , 05:11 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
read much? I seem to think you like picking and choosing what you want to see on here. Takes more skill to win as a Full PUG (being on a team that randomly gets 5 Mercs, which has happened to me) VS a premade team that has the 2 healers, tank etc. Yet PUG's fight on and now and then give the premades a run for their money. It's the fact that when you have **** and you fight against overwhelming odds It's like being the republic in the battle of Hoth you just can't win unless you 1 in 30 chance you get a random team that actaully has something to compete with. Once in awhile you get what you need and the "weaker force" wins like fighting the Death Star. It happens just not often to justify that premades should always be grouped against PUG's.
It would indeed take more skill for a Full PuG group to beat a double premade (assuming that premade is atleast decent.)

Yet that's -not- the majority of what happens. Majority is:

PuG's lose to premades.

Premades win 24 out of 25 (as some one posted).

PuG's win 1 out of 25.

<.< 24 divided by 25 is a bigger number than 1 divided by 25.

96% of the time, Premades have more skill (what decides winning) than their PuG brothers.
4% of the time, Pug's have more skill than their Premade brothers.

Aka, on average, Premaders have more overall skill than a PuG.

Pvtcarnage
11.08.2012 , 05:14 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Nassik View Post
This is a simple truth.
The EA/Bioware decision to go free to play does cater to a revolving door of players, but they do want those players to stick around long enough to spend some money. Nothing will drive those new players off faster than a bad gaming experience, and letting pre-mades annihilate newcomers will do just that.

It's not a question of skill, experience, or even fairness. In the end, it comes down to money. And you simply can't make money if no one sticks around to play your game.
You assume a lot in your statement. My server has great ques from the start and have not slowed at all, BUT all the big PvE guilds have left a long time ago and watching general chat mostly what you see is people having troubles filling in groups for PvE content.

Their money maker is not reliant on just PvP, and those that are more interested in PvP as a main source of fun that have any experience in MMO PvP will not leave that easily because most will seek out others that do play and join them.

And of course it's silly to paint the illusion the pugs will only face premades. I geared my first toon almost completely through pugging and at worst times of the day you might get smashed by premades 50% of the time but you also got teamed up with premades 50% of the time. If people can't handle losing they should stick to the way to easy PvE content SWTOR provides.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Muramxx
11.08.2012 , 05:20 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
It would indeed take more skill for a Full PuG group to beat a double premade (assuming that premade is atleast decent.)

Yet that's -not- the majority of what happens. Majority is:

PuG's lose to premades.

Premades win 24 out of 25 (as some one posted).

PuG's win 1 out of 25.

<.< 24 divided by 25 is a bigger number than 1 divided by 25.

96% of the time, Premades have more skill (what decides winning) than their PuG brothers.
4% of the time, Pug's have more skill than their Premade brothers.

Aka, on average, Premaders have more overall skill than a PuG.
no It has to do with adapting with what you get. Sorry to say it's hard to adapt in a couple of mins with a random group then it is when you play with the same people 5 hours a day everyday. take your avg PUG's put them in a group with a set up Just like eavery other premade and let them play together for hours and days and months and see what happens. PUG's do not want to be restricted to playing a game they "PAY" for because a smaller % of elitiest say so. It's my money I will play the game I am spending it on how I want to and it's a reasonable request for me to play with like minded individuals, just as it's reasonable to request that the elities who look down on us because it's harder to adapt in a couple of mins and then have to do it agaian and again go have fun and play with other premades. As I have pointed out over and over and posed this question andnever gotten a single response. Because in reality it comes down to..

WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF PLAYING AGAINST OTHER PREMADES?

Karkais
11.08.2012 , 05:21 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
So......your hurting urself wanting to singleplayer in a multiplayer and don't see what's not right?
I know that the right thing is for me to have fun.
"The chains of the grave cannot hold a Dark Lord of the Sith…"
―Marka Ragnos

TridusSWTOR
11.08.2012 , 05:22 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
no, i want these socially chalenged freaks to leave, they are not missed and apperently they complain about nonsense stuff.

to be honest those kind of people give me the creeps in real life...they usualy end up liek a psico killer or something...

i do wish they do stay at home for the rest of their lifes...they allready waste to much oxygen by jsut "living" and not interacting with people...look for professional help!

my point: you are supose to interadct with poeple and make freinds and play in group..there are no good xcuses to not want to do it unless you just a freak....if you are , then to bad for you the game is designed for normal people.takes 5 to 10 mins to make a premade or get in one..INVITING 3 FRIENDS TAKES around 30 secs if you have a normal friendlist..
You really like to assume a lot about people that you never met before over the internet. So where is your source that these people turn out to be serial killers?

Back on point, if bioware wants only group pvp then why is there a solo queue button?

Muramxx
11.08.2012 , 05:23 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
And of course it's silly to paint the illusion the pugs will only face premades. I geared my first toon almost completely through pugging and at worst times of the day you might get smashed by premades 50% of the time but you also got teamed up with premades 50% of the time. If people can't handle losing they should stick to the way to easy PvE content SWTOR provides.
And as you have aptly stated... times have changed especially with the introduction of F2P and new subs. that 50% getting smashed is no more, it's now 85% getting smashed. This only get worse as new people replace the old PUG's. the game needs to change constently to make all parties happy.

TridusSWTOR
11.08.2012 , 05:29 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhaker View Post
Wow ok, so we should conform the ENTIRE game to force everyone to be solo so that we can get somehow an even game which is hard to really make especially with all the skill level sets in the server. And even gear and **** and somehow match make the impossible?

Or you can improve and group with others and play WZ?

So which do you think sounds simpler to do?

People like you are the reasons why people get pissed off at WZ, your lack of effort is what pisses off people. Imagine you did that on an OPS or FPS and causes endless amount of wipes, you think that people like to have you back?

Why you at it why dont you ask Bioware to make you a sandwich too?
Yes because what was suggested was that we turn the entire matchmaking system into solo queue only.

When you decide to take deep breaths and count to ten, then come back and actually read this thread. Child-like tantrums are ruining the message you are trying to get across.

Doomsdaycomes
11.08.2012 , 05:31 PM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post

WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF PLAYING AGAINST OTHER PREMADES?
I only quote this one line because the rest of it is a bunch of babble mounting up to "Don't tell me how to play, but lemme win!" <.< Or should I call up the Dev's of Gears of War, because Nightmare mode in Campaign mode is a *****. Sure I could switch to easy mode, but how the hell am I suppose to get the Nightmare achievement? I pay for this *&#$#ing game, so GIMME MY NIGHTMARE ACHIEVEMENT!

As for the actually quoted sentence...

=P uh, what part of my other posts about "Give ranked a 4 man queue option (which would be with 8 man teams btw, I'm not going to Q.Q for my own 4-man ranked bracket.)" and "We need proper match making, which tries to put like teams with like." Didn't you understand, or are you too busy blindly reading the part when your "Leetsauce" skills are called into question?