Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

cycao's Avatar


cycao
07.23.2013 , 01:46 PM | #5281
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Those big bad meany head premades!!!
/reported

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
07.23.2013 , 01:46 PM | #5282
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Apparently all PUGs break CC because it requires telepathy not to. Or not. Watch as two people keep the enemy away while I cap the node. Then no one manages to respond so we lose it. Only to do the exact same thing later in the video and win. Yes, I backfilled into this and stayed btw. You don't have to watch until the end after the second time we capped, we won.
Nice because one match speaks for all matches that happen in all of PVP from now till the end of time.

Great logic.

Come back when you can either grasp the point that one video doesn't speak for every scenario or you finally admit that you only care about a certain group of people.

This is your response- "If my one video doesn't mean anything, then your scenario doesn't mean anything either hurr durr!".

So that I say, the difference is you are cherry-picking and I am offering a very possible and likely situation that should be addressed. Not only that, I can apply my scenario to multiple group tiers of people that will be ignored by you. Was this the bait and switch you were hoping to accomplish? Because it completely and utterly failed.

You have been debunked.

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
07.23.2013 , 01:48 PM | #5283
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Come back when you can either grasp the point that one video doesn't speak for every scenario or you finally admit that you only care about a certain group of people.
how about you come back when you can admit that one experience where you get stomped by a premade does not represent every WZ ever either.....
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Comfterbilly's Avatar


Comfterbilly
07.23.2013 , 01:48 PM | #5284
Quote: Originally Posted by DimeStax View Post
No, we should not.
The argument is, "half my ranked team is offline, I still want to play, so I should be able to..."

Well you tell me, if not being able to play ranked is the reason you want to be in solo queue, which would be more like ranked: 4-man vs. 4-man ++ adds, or playing versus 8 solo players who (often) don't even have a healer? It would seem to me that if ranked is what you want, 4-man versus 4-man with no rank consequences would be ideal.

But that's not what premades want - they want to roll pugs who don't want anything to do with them. That's why 2.4's new rules for getting into ranked isn't going to do anything to alleviate the lowbrow bottom feeders problem in regs PVP.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

maverickmatt's Avatar


maverickmatt
07.23.2013 , 01:48 PM | #5285
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
youre arguments have devolved significantly.

there are between 15-20 guilds that are actively in the RWZ scene on Pot5. that is ~150, maybe 200 people. for that to be >5% of the population, there would need to be <4000 total people on Pot5. i think there are more people on the server than that...... maybe not at any one given moment, but certainly in total.


and based on your previous posts, that the evil RWZ 4-man groups are coming into regs to stroke their egos and demean other players, how is reducing the rewards going to discourage that behavior? short answer: its not; they arent there for the rewards, they are there "to get off" by beating the snot out of less skilled players (not my beliefs, yours). especially in the case of the evil RWZ group, who is able to progress faster to conq gear b/c they do RWZ.


you want to punish the average player just grouping with friends in order to get revenge against the evil RWZ 4-man groups.



THIS. and the irony is that nobody in this thread doing the whining about premades has notice how arenas will have a positive effect by removing some of those "evil" 4-mans from their precious regs.
MY arguments haven't devolved, they've changed based on my experiences as of late (one could say that your arguments have also devolved, and based on Doom's last post.. the same could be said of her).

I don't want to punish friends playing together on the weekend. You know this already.


And Arena's will do nothing. The cream will rise and dominate, and all those who went to play will come back and do the same thing they're doing now. It happened with Rated, it will happen with Arenas. It will provide a moment's relief, but thinking it will do anything beyond that is wishful at best, delusional at worst.
Mavërīck

"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less."

cycao's Avatar


cycao
07.23.2013 , 01:49 PM | #5286
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Nice because one match speaks for all matches that happen in all of PVP from now till the end of time.

Great logic.

Come back when you can either grasp the point that one video doesn't speak for every scenario or you finally admit that you only care about a certain group of people.

This is your response- "If my one video doesn't mean anything, then your scenario doesn't mean anything either hurr durr!".

So that I say, the difference is you are cherry-picking and I am offering a very possible and likely situation that should be addressed. Not only that, I can apply my scenario to multiple group tiers of people that will be ignored by you. Was this the bait and switch you were hoping to accomplish? Because it completely and utterly failed.

You have been debunked.
#burned
#dunkedon
#superdebunked

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
07.23.2013 , 01:50 PM | #5287
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
oh, looks like some of this thread just disappeared.



and for those that missed it:



http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6398419

cross server is a no-go. its not even worth discussing.
You should re-read the quote because they didn't flat out say "no-go". They said it for 2.4, yea it's called context, try it sometime.

I love how you guys quit on cross-server queue's so easily, it's clear you don't even care about this issue and are just trolling at this point. Since cross-server queue's is the only thing we can agree that will help, that is what you should be pushing for. But hey, it's a "no-go" so let's just talk about oranges or something, right? It's easier than actually trying to improve the game.

Let the troll live on.

Comfterbilly's Avatar


Comfterbilly
07.23.2013 , 01:52 PM | #5288
Quote: Originally Posted by Comfterbilly
But that's not what premades want - they want to roll pugs who don't want anything to do with them. That's why 2.4's new rules for getting into ranked isn't going to do anything to alleviate the lowbrow bottom feeders problem in regs PVP.
EDIT: It's not going to work because PREMADES are not going to go. They're not going to go because 4-8 man premade in regs is the #1 surest way to win. That's really the basis for the whole problem in this game's PVP, and this thread.
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
07.23.2013 , 01:53 PM | #5289
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Bioware has stated that they have no intentions of releasing cross server anytime in the near future. Here is the most recent dev post I can find on cross server queues.


A *significant* challenge would indicate that, as I stated earlier, if they have plans on doing it will be a long time off (think capitol guild ships).
And here we have another person easily giving up.

Yea usually if there is a big enough outcry from a customer for a change they want- the company will take notice. Since you decided to just troll this thread instead....well it just speaks for itself now doesn't it?

Damn, that was pretty good, I just made two trolls openly admit they are trolling and I debunked their matchmaking theory in one day. Not to shabby.

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
07.23.2013 , 01:57 PM | #5290
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post
MY arguments haven't devolved, they've changed based on my experiences as of late (one could say that your arguments have also devolved, and based on Doom's last post.. the same could be said of her).

I don't want to punish friends playing together on the weekend. You know this already.


And Arena's will do nothing. The cream will rise and dominate, and all those who went to play will come back and do the same thing they're doing now. It happened with Rated, it will happen with Arenas. It will provide a moment's relief, but thinking it will do anything beyond that is wishful at best, delusional at worst.
my argument hasnt changed since the first day i posted in this thread: the majority of people whining about premades are bad, dont know that they are bad, and refuse/dont know how to improve. they also refuse (for some unknown reason) to find in game friends to queue up with to make their own premade (tho preamdes dont give special powers, if youre bad you stay bad). this entire problem goes away if the average player would work on improving one thing each time they played. that is way too much to ask of the average player tho; theyd rather come to the forums and whine for bioware to nerf the better people somehow.



you say you dont want to punish friends playing together, but you JUST SAID you wanted to reduce rewards from premades in regs..... what is it you want to suggest?



skill based matchmaking. it aint rocket science.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads