Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

HuaRya
04.27.2013 , 07:22 PM | #2351
The fix: Allow teams of 4 in Ranked PVP instead of requiring a full team of 8

They would probably fix all this by allowing teams of 4 players into ranked. The variety in matches of 4 from one premade and 4 of the other would probably ensure Ranked Queue pops frequently. Then the idea of an organized premade running in non-ranked would be a thing of the past.

This would allow the newer pvp'ers a chance to meet each other in a solo non-ranked war zone. That way new premade pvp guilds could form and then progress to the ranked wz where you get cooler looking firebrand armor.

Coldin
04.27.2013 , 07:30 PM | #2352
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
The fix: Allow teams of 4 in Ranked PVP instead of requiring a full team of 8

They would probably fix all this by allowing teams of 4 players into ranked. The variety in matches of 4 from one premade and 4 of the other would probably ensure Ranked Queue pops frequently. Then the idea of an organized premade running in non-ranked would be a thing of the past.

This would allow the newer pvp'ers a chance to meet each other in a solo non-ranked war zone. That way new premade pvp guilds could form and then progress to the ranked wz where you get cooler looking firebrand armor.
I do think that would help a lot. That requirement of 8 is a pretty big hurdle considering the game trains players into 4-man groups while leveling. Though, I imagine the way rating works might be an issue.

Forsaked
04.28.2013 , 11:42 AM | #2353
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
To the top with you.
Yeah, its needet!

Im bored of trolling Mapcycle with with the same Map and the same 6 enemy premade team the last 7 rounds vs. randoms.
Wondering how it is possible cause you can list only 4 people for premade but they always get in with 6...
Forsaked | Rewarder | Retarder | Outbreaked | Subliminal
Scoundrel | Sage | Vanguard | Gunslinger | Shadow

Gunslinger Hybrid-Spec 42/44/44

Dissentus
04.28.2013 , 12:35 PM | #2354
Quote: Originally Posted by Forsaked View Post
Yeah, its needet!

Im bored of trolling Mapcycle with with the same Map and the same 6 enemy premade team the last 7 rounds vs. randoms.
Wondering how it is possible cause you can list only 4 people for premade but they always get in with 6...
Because they queue at the same time over voice chat to increase all getting into the same match.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Nemmar
04.28.2013 , 12:49 PM | #2355
I came in here to create a thread like this. This issue is dreadful. I just started PvPing max level with my juggearnaut when i hit 55 and this is not even funny. I did 4 games and 3 of them were against premade. I queue by myself as a random and i am pitted against organised teams. How on earth is this fair?! This happened on lower level pvp aswell but less frequently.

Is this your idea of fun PvP Bioware? Because we the non-hardcore PvP'rs dont enjoy just beeing made minced meat by fully geared and organised teams when we are playing with a full random and disorganised team just trying to pull it together. We stop queing because this isnt fun, then organised PvP'rs start complaining about queues and leave aswell and were left with a dead game.

Stop it Bioware. I dont care how long the queue is aslong as i can have a fun match and not be thrown into the meat grinder.

DesmoLegacy
04.28.2013 , 12:55 PM | #2356
moar tears plz
Ducatii - 50 Marauder | Ducatista - 50 Operative
Dain'ese - 50 Juggernaut | Ducatisti - 50 Sniper
D'ucati - 50 Sentinel | Duc'ati - 50 Sage | Enduro - 50 Vanguard

LeonHawkeye
04.30.2013 , 06:43 PM | #2357
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
I came in here to create a thread like this. This issue is dreadful. I just started PvPing max level with my juggearnaut when i hit 55 and this is not even funny. I did 4 games and 3 of them were against premade. I queue by myself as a random and i am pitted against organised teams. How on earth is this fair?! This happened on lower level pvp aswell but less frequently.

Is this your idea of fun PvP Bioware? Because we the non-hardcore PvP'rs dont enjoy just beeing made minced meat by fully geared and organised teams when we are playing with a full random and disorganised team just trying to pull it together. We stop queing because this isnt fun, then organised PvP'rs start complaining about queues and leave aswell and were left with a dead game.

Stop it Bioware. I dont care how long the queue is aslong as i can have a fun match and not be thrown into the meat grinder.

Bump for justice. If things are left as is, you will not only lose the core of the casual player base, which believe it or not are the vast majority but you will also effectively repel anyone who cannot play in a Premade group 24/7 which also believe it or not make up the vast majority of the player base. While I agree competition is king and our aim should be for better games overall, keeping the paradigm as is, is not the way. We desperately need:

Adequate matchmaking. (To Prevent lopsided and mismatched games such as Pug Vs Premade.)
Cross Realm Function. (To bolster the matchmaking pool and offer a much more robust ladder for both Regular and especially Ranked play. As it stands Ranked play is near impossible and meaningless with most servers fielding less than 10, some sadly even less than 5 total active teams participating in Ranked play, even less of those do so regularly or bother to take it as anything less than a complete joke.)

cashogy_reborn
04.30.2013 , 06:54 PM | #2358
if bads werent so bad this wouldnt be a problem
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

LeonHawkeye
04.30.2013 , 07:05 PM | #2359
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
if bads werent so bad this wouldnt be a problem
Agreed but unfortunately every game will have it's core of casuals and the reality is that it is those players that make up the biggest portion of the player base, although unintentional the current matchmaking system, if we can even call it that, alienates that portion of the player base while only benefiting a very small portion: those whom premade regularly. If all those players have a horrible, close to unbearable experience which Pug Vs Premade is akin to, then decide to quit, the PvP matchmaking pool dries up, PvP dies, then shortly after the game dies which is good for no one. I myself run premades close to 60% of the time and Pug 40% the time and can fully admit no matter what end I am on, Pug Vs Premade is not competition, it's not PvP it's simply a roflstomp due to the overwhelmingly large gap in general skill, coordination and sometimes simply communication.

DarthRaika
04.30.2013 , 10:05 PM | #2360
Cashogy, if you are a good player with premading experience then you should know that even if we assume equal gear and equal skill a well put together premade should beat a pug most of the time. This has nothing to do with skill and really makes you look like one of the bads yourself. I'm not saying you are I am just saying my previous point should be obvious to any good player with experience forming premades.