Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Whitering
01.24.2013 , 05:07 PM | #2101
A lot of the problem, not the gear part, would be eliminated with an in game voice system. I've never had problems in LotRO.

That's probably been said before, but the biggest advantage is instant communication, because typing inc east into chat is just not possible to do without dying if two stealthers pop on you.

Ya, my Trooper was decently geared back in the day, is now very poorly geared compared to the War Hero folks, much less a premade group, so guess who I am never going to play in PvP again despite having had quite a bit of fun with him there in early 2012.

ArchangelLBC
01.24.2013 , 05:15 PM | #2102
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
in RWZ good communication is everything. in regular warzones, when at best you have half the team working together, it means significantly less. i am hardly in vent/ts when i queue with people. it doesnt stop me from being able to predict what theyre gonna do cuz i have grown familiar with playing with them. pulling off ridiculous things without communication is always fun

as far as call outs go, you can alter a config file to be able to zoom waaaaaaaaay out. that way you can see incomings long before hand, unless their stealth. in which case being able to type fast comes in handy

also, anyone who has a keyboard/mouse with macro capability, maybe think about creating a macro that says "incoming eas/west/mid". that way you only have to hit one button to get out your important message.

but like you said, it doesnt matter how early or often you call out in chat. if your group members dont listen it doesnt matter. altho who is to say that if this game offered an in-game voip system that those same people would ignore that as well? you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink

btw, bioware failing to include ingame voip is a party foul imo. even swg had in-game voip, altho it was really sucky.

You'd be surprised. If you're in voice chat and your buddy is guarding a node then he can tell you there's incoming and you can type it in chat while he fights which overall gives him a better chance of stalling them. Just one example. Plus it's more fun if you can just chat while killing people.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

NoTomorrow
01.24.2013 , 05:16 PM | #2103
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
You'd be surprised. If you're in voice chat and your buddy is guarding a node then he can tell you there's incoming and you can type it in chat while he fights which overall gives him a better chance of stalling them. Just one example. Plus it's more fun if you can just chat while killing people.
Brilliant thing, we used this when the somebody is fighting.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

DarthSabreth
01.28.2013 , 06:09 PM | #2104
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Just did my 4 daily warzones. Every single one, was a full PUG up against at least one 3-man guild team or more. Usually the other side having multiple people with 18k health, and my side having people either with just 16k or less health, or absolutely no expertise. They were all just not fun.

I really enjoy SWTOR PVP. When it's evenly matched teams. But when it's not evenly matched, and you leap into battle only to get chained stunned and kill in 5 seconds. It's not fun one bit.

Bioware needs to get on the ball, and introduce better match-making. Actually matching skill vs skill, and premades vs premades.
agreed, i actually saw 6 sents/ gaurds & 2 scoundrels in one premade group against our pug. we got stomped badly, to make matters worse they kept rolling pugs for atleast one hour. this was a pain and a waste of my time getting 55 - 65 comms per match we need premades seperated from pugs BW.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Sathid
01.28.2013 , 06:25 PM | #2105
Quote: Originally Posted by iPvP View Post
so the whinners on this thread basically want people to NOT play with thier friends in a star wars large scale MMO

and fyi we arent in mumble/vent to "pwn the noobs with our sick stratz" , we do it to talk and have fun ,
and a premade of 2 is still a premade group, so most of you know its more fun to play with people
No but your guild does run SMASH premades every night,what's the matter cant mix it up some? whatcha scared of?

V-Serp
01.28.2013 , 09:53 PM | #2106
Quote: Originally Posted by iPvP View Post
so the whinners on this thread basically want people to NOT play with thier friends in a star wars large scale MMO

and fyi we arent in mumble/vent to "pwn the noobs with our sick stratz" , we do it to talk and have fun ,
and a premade of 2 is still a premade group, so most of you know its more fun to play with people
Um, nobody posted that. Strawman much?

Hell, it's a large scale MMO, you shouldn't be sitting in your tiny little group the entire time. Get out there and socialize. Talk to new people, make new acquaintances. I get the feeling that for most of you, in the rare event that you are actually invited to a party, you just sit there with each other and are too scared to talk to anybody else.

Biofail isn't going to change anything so stop worrying. This is a PVE game, they'd rather lose their jobs than fix the PVP lol. And man they're doing a great job at that, they've lost what, 90% of their workforce? Haha, now that's determination. Nonsensical determination, but you have to be impressed with it.

Personally I'd rather save my job instead of getting fired for being inept. It's awfully hard to get a new job when you are known for screwing up your last one. The only exception is if you are at the elite highest levels, then you just fire and blame your inept employees and then get a new job and run another company into the ground.

At least that clown Georges is gone. I wish this new devs cared, it would be nice to get behind them and root for them to really get it all together and then make a great reputation for themselves. But they are completed insistent on just repeating what their predecessors did and not learning from anything. Much like this entire game, that refused to learn from other games. Love it!

cashogy_reborn
01.28.2013 , 10:07 PM | #2107
Quote: Originally Posted by V-Serp View Post
Um, nobody posted that. Strawman much?

Hell, it's a large scale MMO, you shouldn't be sitting in your tiny little group the entire time. Get out there and socialize. Talk to new people, make new acquaintances. I get the feeling that for most of you, in the rare event that you are actually invited to a party, you just sit there with each other and are too scared to talk to anybody else.
actually, thats about 75% of the posts in this thread.

and what is the argument now? that premades need to go and find more friends to queue with? lawlwuuuuuuuut
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Soulwave
01.28.2013 , 10:30 PM | #2108
This is a big issue for alot of people... Alot of people do pvp.. Why dont bioware adress this issue?! Cmon bioware can you really afford to miss more subcribers?

Kontraz
01.29.2013 , 12:36 AM | #2109
honestly, does it matter if you are in a premade or not? It seems most PUG groups I'm facing are composed of at least 2 or 3 smashers per match now. I checked my logs and over the past 2 days, there were very few matches where smash/sweep did not do the most damage to my character.

In all honesty, the biggest thing premades bring to the table is having a good group makeup. voicecomms are helpful, but if you have a competent team, the chatbox is just as useful. The problem with PUGS is a lot of them are just bad anyway, as in they refuse to work WITH the group. If you get a PUG that actually all work toegether, you have a good chance at destroying a lot of the premades out there, which I've done on more than just a few occasions.

Ganjavus
01.29.2013 , 01:16 AM | #2110
Just a reaction to the title and op:

There is so much bad playing people in warzones nowadays, that whenever I see a player that I can tell knows what he is doing, I'm adding him to my friends list and sometime invite him to group.

Is that a premade? Sure. But I'd rather limit my chances on a game with lots of frustration. My time is scarce and when I play I want maximum enjoyment.
So yeah, I premade, with guildies and friends who aren't in my guild. Not to roflstomp the opponent, but to have fun in this game. And that's the sole purpose of a game, to have fun.

It's not losing I mind. It's losing because of ending up in a team of complete idiots that makes me frustrated. And I don't want that.

Oh yeah, and I enjoy playing with friends. That too.

Make some friends, it will benefit you in lots of ways.
The Spurius Senex Legacy
Carnage Mara / Tanky Pyro / Healing Op / Vengeance Jugg / Nasty Sin
TRE