Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Dierdrea
12.28.2012 , 10:25 AM | #1931
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
I agree. Remove normal warzone all together. If you can't get 8 people together in an ops group to queue for PvP then you might be an asocial freak that needs to see a shrink regularly. This is a multiplayer game, not some 1 to 4 casual co-op cowadoody care bear game.
Yes, like 8 pugged or even 7 guild players with 1 pugged ranked groups will win consistently against any regular ranked teams... most people will just quit pvp if this happens. Against good 8 ppl teams, that 1 pugged is going to ruin your day.

TonyDragonflame
12.28.2012 , 10:25 AM | #1932
Enough just look on population "pure" PvP servers - all of them slowly dieing.

Wanna just say - "gg, BW", good luck with this game in future with this approach to PvP...

UncelSam
12.28.2012 , 11:57 AM | #1933
I find it odd Bioware still havent commented the issue with a single word.

sanchito
12.28.2012 , 12:34 PM | #1934
Quote: Originally Posted by P-Chan View Post
Even if it was a same faction match, how are casual pvpers going to react when they have to wait 20-30 minutes to get into one because another healer didn't queue up? That will drive off players faster than dealing with an occasional premade for 10 minutes ever would. At least with the premade they would still get commendations. .
There has to be a middle ground, i don't think anyone could seriously oppose if the matchmaking would wait another 2 minutes to make a balanced match, and only starts the unbalanced one if it can't find a bettter match in those 2 minutes.

As for the matchmaking, the best i heard so far is by valor, cause if you got the valor but not the gear it's really your own fault, wth did you spend your comms on. Something like try to match teams within 50 valor levels, then expand by 50 every minute would not be perfect, but a clear improvement to the current situation.

I understand valor doesn't equal skill, but on average people with more valor will be better than people with low valor just because they practiced more, so if we could reduce the unfun imbalanced matches from like >50% now to around 30% that certainly would be a lot beter, no?

Case in point i did 5 dailies y'day, took me 14 matches, 1 of them was competitive, the other 13 we either stomped them or got stomped, and both are just not fun

Monoth
12.28.2012 , 01:00 PM | #1935
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
they should just dedicate one server to stupid people

it will be called "Stupid People" server

y'all can have a free transfer there
I bet you'll be the first one transferred over there, hell they'll probably name the server after you.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

criminalheretic
12.28.2012 , 01:02 PM | #1936
Quote: Originally Posted by P-Chan View Post
I dont think he was meaning JUST losing is bad Sportsmanship. But when the "better" players are camping the spawn location. THAT is bad sportsmanship. And I am sorry. Not grouping up to queue does NOT make you a bad player. Whatever you may want to think. Why is it that all you pro premaders all seem to think that? Our point is, you should NOT be FORCED to premade to have fun. Win or Lose. I could not give a rats A** if I win or lose, as long as its a fun game. Getting Steam Rolled is NOT fun. Hence why myself and a lot of other people just stopped playing. As the trend seems to be following. So keep up you attitude. Keep thinking there is not anything wrong with the current system. And you will end up queuing for RWZs all the time, cause RWZ or Reg WZ will be the same queue time....
Actually I DON'T think that anyone that queues solo is a bad player. (Shhh don't tell anyone, but despite being in one of the top 3 PvP guilds on my server, I actually solo queue MORE than 50% of the time. AND, definitely don't tell anyone this, but I lose about half of those matches, some of them against premades)

The generalization that I am making is NOT 'that solo queuers are bad at PvP'. It's that solo queuers that whine incessantly about being rolled by premades, say they can never find a group, or get accepted into a PvP guild, and argue for Bioware to implement a system that ensures they never have to face anyone that is better than they are, are bad at PvP.

But one point I agree with, spawn camping is bad sportsmanship. Whether it's the NFL or Alderaan Civil War, 'running up the score' is kind of a d-bag move. I don't do it. At least not on purpose. (If I just scored in Huttball, I am gonna hang around the EZ and fight anyone that is there, just because those are people who should ignore me and start heading mid, I can't help it if sometimes I win)

But with regard to the longer queue times when all the solo players quit? If that is what happens, that is what happens. But as long as my choices are:

A. Maybe have long queue times because solo players quit.
B. Definitely have long queue times because I am not allowed to play against the solo players.
C. Solo queue, put up 500k when the next highest guy does 170. Read 373 posts about how "Good Solo Players" should not be allowed in the "Casual" PvP queue.

A. Is feeling like the lesser of evils.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

madcappah
12.28.2012 , 01:03 PM | #1937
I see dumb people.
<placeholder>
Prophecy of the Five
Dauktor Rockzo (Vengeance) / Rolla (Advanced Prototype)
Rocksy (Deception) / Rocksanne (Marksman) / Rahky (Medic)

Dierdrea
12.28.2012 , 01:09 PM | #1938
Harbinger has non stop pvp queues around the hour for everyone, but lately the server is getting overcrowded...

Monoth
12.28.2012 , 01:55 PM | #1939
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
I agree. Remove normal warzone all together. If you can't get 8 people together in an ops group to queue for PvP then you might be an asocial freak that needs to see a shrink regularly. This is a multiplayer game, not some 1 to 4 casual co-op cowadoody care bear game.
Here's the thing, originally Warzones were designed for casual pvp'ers, it was a means to get in some quick pvp or break up the monotony of pve'ing... Hardcore PvP'ers stuck to World PvP... Somewehre down the line the Hardcore crowd gave up World PvP and decided it was more fun to dominate Warzones..

Also my suggestion of a PUG only option are for the PvE and PvE RP servers, they can leave PvP servers as is, If you roll on a PvP server then you should know what your getting into, my main issue is with PvP ONLY Guilds rolling on PvE / RP servers because they can't dominate on a PvP server and want the advantage againt casual pvp'ers. Adding a PUG only option would allow casual pvp'ers to have some fun again.

The ONLY people against my idea are premade teams that scared they won't have easy wins... And won't be able to easily farm warzone commendations.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Monoth
12.28.2012 , 02:05 PM | #1940
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
A. Maybe have long queue times because solo players quit.
B. Definitely have long queue times because I am not allowed to play against the solo players.
C. Solo queue, put up 500k when the next highest guy does 170. Read 373 posts about how "Good Solo Players" should not be allowed in the "Casual" PvP queue.

A. Is feeling like the lesser of evils.
That's just stupid, your saying let the game burn in flames then let casual pvp'ers have their PUG only option.. that alone tells me your just another one of those players that enjoys having the advantage in premades and don't want it to change because you need it to keep your ego inflated.

If Premades weren't such cowards and would play against other premades it wouldn't be a issue, the issue is Premades that DON'T want to go against other premades... that's why they avoid ranked warzones like the plague. I keep seeing PvP'ers talk about being social, then hell it shouldn't be that hard to put 8 people together to do a ranked warzone now should it.

Bioware will eventually make changes as their numbers will show that nobody is buying pvp passes because it's a waste of money due to premades... That means EA is losing money.... So I have no doubt it will eventually change, money talks...