Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Knockerz
12.23.2012 , 06:58 AM | #1831
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
In your opinion.

Your incorrect opinion, as most people who "premade" also solo queue. They're the same people. And then, most premades aren't the elite optimum-composition max-gear voice-comms SAS team of your imagination, but 2 to 4 friends who queued to play the game together.

Anstalt is totally correct with his matchmaking point. It balances for diffrences in gear, skill, and increased effectiveness through a tendency to premade. It would match you against people who are around your effectiveness (whatever the sources of that level of effectiveness), so giving you an around even chance to win. No more roflstomping.
I think you forget that in premades you can choose the class/specs that you want and gear level. It would only be fair if premades were force to play against premades.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

TonyDragonflame
12.23.2012 , 09:56 AM | #1832
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
It would only be fair if premades were force to play against premades.
^ this.
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

DarthSabreth
12.23.2012 , 10:43 AM | #1833
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
I think you forget that in premades you can choose the class/specs that you want and gear level. It would only be fair if premades were force to play against premades.
Very well said, most premaders will try to sell to people that pugs are just as chalanging as going up against other premades.... yet when its suggested that the que should be designed so that every premade is sent up against other premades only, they are all up in arms about it. guess there afraid of a challange.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Giberelina
12.23.2012 , 07:54 PM | #1834
This is for EAware developers, please take a look at this wonderful scoreboard, look the kills! YAY!!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2177/premades.jpg

Our team wasn't only in recruit gear and it had some good players. Ebon Hawk server, Sunday.

Please patch this thing or lose subscribers.

DarthSabreth
12.23.2012 , 10:58 PM | #1835
Quote: Originally Posted by Giberelina View Post
This is for EAware developers, please take a look at this wonderful scoreboard, look the kills! YAY!!

Our team wasn't only in recruit gear and it had some good players. Ebon Hawk server, Sunday.

awesome screen shot, i doubt BW will see it or care. the thing that confuses me is they are trying to more subs and they are doing things in pvp that iritate most players, such as grouping pugs with premades.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Rebel_L
12.24.2012 , 12:34 AM | #1836

So what are we supposed to see in the screen shot? That one team had some idea of how to play and the other one didnt. The loosing team had one healer who was obviously not part of the attacks to take objectives with the only 1 death, or he ran away abandoning the team whenever he got attacked. Looks like the loosing team either has way worse gear, or just didnt focus fire anything. The winning team had a healer who was guarded and protected well and just simply outhealed the loosing teams damage. Six of you on one guarded healer should have no trouble stomping that healer if you actually attack the healer together and use some stuns and interrupts (if what you say about having decent players and gear is true then the death counts indicate a pack of like 6 of you were traveling together, is the other side to blame you didnt attack the same target?.... mark healers and focus fire them)

As a tank in pvp who does a lot of solo que'ing I have to say that I get frustrated by playing on teams where no one know what they are doing... running away from objectives leaving them unguarded, not coming to help when someone calls incoming (or everyone coming and no one staying because a node has 1 person coming to it), and always running into a fight by themselves instead of attacking as a group, never mind the more "advanced" tactics of attacking the marked targets first or a healer healing his guard, or guards putting a guard on a healer and actually staying in range of that healer so the healer has some benefit. lets not forget the teams who focus so hard on killing every person on the other team that no one bothers to even try to go for the objectives, or maybe just maybe stunning or pushing the last enemy in the area alive so the person trying to cap can finish before the other team shows up again.

You realize that the reason that a lot premades form is because people want to get away from that. I would bet the large majority of premades that you run into are just a few pvpers who are on at the same time who see a few other names they know and form a group for a while so they know they will get at least a couple of people who have a clue as to what to do, they then roflstomp most pugs because they actually understand the word "team" and they are probably not even on a voice chat. The lack of people in pvp matches that understand the concept of "team" is astonishing. The below 50 bracket I can sort of understand, people are learning the game still potentially, but at 50 if you join a team you should have some clue on how pvp and how the wz's works, have some clue as to how to play your class or at least ask what to do and take the time to listen to instructions. If you que for an op and someone shows up in crap gear, dosnt know how to play their role, runs off randomly to try and kill stuff on his own how long do you put up with that person? If you are feeling charitable you will try to teach that person, but after they wipe your group often enough most people dont want to stick around. You are playing with other people also trying to enjoy a game, why is it that so many people show up totally unprepared and expect everyone else to make up the difference for them when everyone is just trying to have some fun. If you are not willing to put in the effort to actually contribute to a team, why should the team be obligated to try and include you?

cashogy
12.24.2012 , 12:51 AM | #1837

all i see is a bunch of bad players

all this thread has become (or ever was tbh) is a massive cry fest. if it such a bother to you, quit SWTOR and go play a game that *does* separate the premades from the pugs.

this is an MASSSIVE MULTIPLAYER online game. if grouping gets your knickers in a bunch, i suggest a new genre for your next video game purchase. perhaps a plain old RPG or a good ol' action shooter?

Doomboxtwo
12.24.2012 , 02:03 AM | #1838
I can verify as a fellow Ebon Hawker, that scoreboard is not unreasonable against certain guilds. I've been on teams with good gear, good communication, and some sharp cookies that still get their heads handed to them on a platter. Average PUGs don't stand a chance against these higher tier pre-mades, no matter how much 'L2P' is is thrown around. It isn't a problem that those can come together, work together, and play very competitively. The real problem is that they will tear anyone not on their level like delicious beef through a meat grinder, and there isn't any really good option in place to match them against more advanced like-minded players on a regular basis.

I'm sure the attitude people take when they lose or win can be factored in to some of the animosity. In an immersive game like this, it's easy to see why egos get bruised, or people think their genitalia is somehow not as as small when they win. Heck, just reading fifteen or so pages in this thread you can see the smug is almost unbearable.

Jerro
12.24.2012 , 03:22 AM | #1839
i Think that forcing premades only facing other premades also can help with getting ranked warzones going. i am recognized as a fairly good player on my server, but im deaf so im not wanted in premades. since im for obvious reasons dont even own a mic or speakers. sure i can type in chat but that will never be as effective as voice Communication, and even worse i cant keep up with what the other players are saying/planning in premades. i guess i could buy a mic and go "gah" for west, "rwlrwlll" for east, and "ftmchh" for mid. but still it isnt enough. maybe everyone should use cam and Learning sign language? meh enough of that rant, but i really i would like premades out of the "normal" Que. and tbh should premades want to face equally good teams, with equal conditions? or is the steamrolling a measure of skill nowdays.

Giberelina
12.24.2012 , 07:20 AM | #1840
Rebel_L: tl;dr.

Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
i suggest a new genre for your next video game purchase. perhaps a plain old RPG or a good ol' action shooter?
Definitely what I'm thinking. That is why I said "Patch this thing or lose subscribers".

Well whatever, imo, you have to be a masochist if you enjoy that. Or a premade. (Though, I can't understand how they enjoy a match with zero difficulty).

Quote: Originally Posted by Doomboxtwo View Post
I
I'm sure the attitude people take when they lose or win can be factored in to some of the animosity. In an immersive game like this, it's easy to see why egos get bruised, or people think their genitalia is somehow not as as small when they win. Heck, just reading fifteen or so pages in this thread you can see the smug is almost unbearable.
I'm shaking my head too here. I don't have a problem admitting sometimes I suck, sometimes I win lots of medals. So? Yes, it's my first MMO and I'm a noob, still, I notice the difference between a fair defeat and not being able to drop alive from the spawn door in Voidstar (not kidding, the entire team just dying there, against 2 republic pvp guilds, also Sunday)
In fact I don't have a problem if I'm the last in the scoreboard, it's just these joke matches that ruin everything.