Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

YaanaOhtar
12.06.2012 , 02:36 PM | #1641
I have an interesting Idea, How about rank expertise ? If players are in any group, if the total expertise in their groups are over certain number, they will be in ranked Wz. So no matter how experience, they will need to tone down the high gears.

Jadescythe
12.06.2012 , 02:39 PM | #1642
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
<------Glad to add another "who gets it" to the fam....
Makes me think of that Jagermeister commercial they have out now where they add someone new to the table.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Pvtcarnage
12.06.2012 , 02:41 PM | #1643
Quote: Originally Posted by YaanaOhtar View Post
I have an interesting Idea, How about rank expertise ? If players are in any group, if the total expertise in their groups are over certain number, they will be in ranked Wz. So no matter how experience, they will need to tone down the high gears.
Gear is being nerfed in 1.6, so no need for that
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

MiaRB
12.06.2012 , 02:42 PM | #1644
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormwar View Post
I see the frustration in going up against premades in non ranked WZs. Indeed they are much harder to take on, but for me, that makes the win sweeter.

So to the point, I don't believe Bioware should be doing anything about premades in non ranked WZs. They can be beaten - and like any match, wins should not be expected on a silver platter. Work together, play hard, and try to view it as fun and challenging.
i agree, sort of. back when BM was top gear, pugs vs premades could be fun and pugs could even win vs premades.

gear gap is too large now. 6 people from a PVP guild all min/maxed top gear vs a pug with half the team undergeared is always just a streamroll. we'll see how gear changes in 1.6 change things. BWs working on better match making system so that is when things will actually improve for most people.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Jadescythe
12.06.2012 , 02:46 PM | #1645
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
i agree, sort of. back when BM was top gear, pugs vs premades could be fun and pugs could even win vs premades.

gear gap is too large now. 6 people from a PVP guild all min/maxed top gear vs a pug with half the team undergeared is always just a streamroll. we'll see how gear changes in 1.6 change things. BWs working on better match making system so that is when things will actually improve for most people.
What?

MiaRB
12.06.2012 , 02:52 PM | #1646
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
What?
not sure if youre playing dumb or really dont know....

is quite common and not really hard to do. like on sat and sundays on shadowlands, a number of pvp guilds will make a couple 4 man groups and also have a bunch solo que so they can end up with more than 4 in a WZ.

L-RANDLE
12.06.2012 , 02:58 PM | #1647
Makes me think of that Jagermeister commercial they have out now where they add someone new to the table.
Dude get out of my head!!!

/cheers
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Jadescythe
12.06.2012 , 03:02 PM | #1648
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
not sure if youre playing dumb or really dont know....

is quite common and not really hard to do. like on sat and sundays on shadowlands, a number of pvp guilds will make a couple 4 man groups and also have a bunch solo que so they can end up with more than 4 in a WZ.
Move to a server with more frequent pops then. I never see this happen on PoT5. I guess we just have players that are good enough that this type of thing isn't necessary. If you are playing at weird times, then sure, it would be really easy to do this, but otherwise you'd probably spend more time waiting for a warzone that everyone gets in than actually playing the game.

YaanaOhtar
12.06.2012 , 03:06 PM | #1649
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
Gear is being nerfed in 1.6, so no need for that
Uhm... dont see your point. The idea is to prevent Pro farmming Casual. By control the total expertise they could have, we can control the gap. Event if the WH gear will be nerf, the gap will still be there for Pro to gang on New/Casual player

MiaRB
12.06.2012 , 03:12 PM | #1650
Move to a server with more frequent pops then. I never see this happen on PoT5. I guess we just have players that are good enough that this type of thing isn't necessary. If you are playing at weird times, then sure, it would be really easy to do this, but otherwise you'd probably spend more time waiting for a warzone that everyone gets in than actually playing the game.
it isnt anything new, has been a common thing since launch. like i said, its mainly on sat and sundays when they have lots of people on. it has nothing to do with having "good players". they are farming comms and getting weeklys done for alts and for guildmates who may not have time to play alot durring the week. im not saying is a good or bad thing, just what goes on and with larger gear gap it cuases pugs to get steamrolled more than it used to.

smaller gear gap plus better matchmaking system should fix things so few WZs will just be total steamrolls and will at least have matches that are competitive.