Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

TrumpetNut
12.02.2012 , 01:48 PM | #1451
Really? I am finding that my queues are at longest like 2 min. shortest is instant and that yes, 75% of the time you get stuck with a bunch of idiots who don't pass, Attack mid the entire time even though I tell them there is 2 ppl guarding left ya know but the other 25% you get a great team. Either way is fun if you are not a healer lol (HARBINGER SERVER!!! YAY!)

Ramtar
12.02.2012 , 01:48 PM | #1452
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
I agree with the OP, been getting rolled by the same pvp guild premades most of the afternoon. We desperatly need cross server pvp ques and seperation of premades and solo ques.
You think cross server PvP is going to be any different with no premades?

No one is stopping you from getting into a premade group except yourself.

cashogy
12.02.2012 , 01:56 PM | #1453
not every premade is good. in fact, i would wager that the majority of premades are only marginally better than a group of complete pugs.

this argument comes down to the fact that casual pugs dont like losing to good premades. yeah, getting stomped sucks. but guess what? you can form your own premade! make friends! its an MMO ffs
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Veniras
12.02.2012 , 02:13 PM | #1454
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
mind linking that statment?
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-...ame-update-1.3

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/29/swtor-pa...qa-transcript/ (nr 5)

Arkerus
12.02.2012 , 03:20 PM | #1455
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
not every premade is good. in fact, i would wager that the majority of premades are only marginally better than a group of complete pugs.

this argument comes down to the fact that casual pugs dont like losing to good premades. yeah, getting stomped sucks. but guess what? you can form your own premade! make friends! its an MMO ffs
It doesn't work like that. Its not "log on and form your own group".

First, for many people, making a group takes time. That is time we don't always have. It can take upwards of an hour or two to from a competent group of people to queue up. This is taking time away from what most of us want to be doing: playing the game.

Even if marginally better, premades offer so much in terms of organization they more than make up for any issues they have. Generally speakin, premades that even run a sliver of communication will have a tremendous advantage in a system DESIGNED to allow puggers to pick up and play.

If the PvP system was specifically designed with a group in mind, then puggers wouldn't have much of an excuse as they wouldn't even be allowed to play. You know as well as I do that pugs keep the system alive. Without them it dies a quick death.

Premades of 4 or more need to go to their own queue, end of story. It got so bad in WoW they had to do the same thing. It got completely out of control.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Veniras
12.02.2012 , 04:07 PM | #1456
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Premades of 4 or more need to go to their own queue, end of story.
I'm gonna pound this in with nails until everybody knows.

THEY WILL NOT GET THEIR OWN QUEUE!

cashogy
12.02.2012 , 04:07 PM | #1457

First, for many people, making a group takes time. That is time we don't always have. It can take upwards of an hour or two to from a competent group of people to queue up. This is taking time away from what most of us want to be doing: playing the game.

Even if marginally better, premades offer so much in terms of organization they more than make up for any issues they have. Generally speakin, premades that even run a sliver of communication will have a tremendous advantage in a system DESIGNED to allow puggers to pick up and play.

If the PvP system was specifically designed with a group in mind, then puggers wouldn't have much of an excuse as they wouldn't even be allowed to play. You know as well as I do that pugs keep the system alive. Without them it dies a quick death.

Premades of 4 or more need to go to their own queue, end of story. It got so bad in WoW they had to do the same thing. It got completely out of control.
you just stated in your own post why a Premade only queue will fail. pugs are required to fill warzone slots to keep queues moving. you separate them, and it is only a matter of time before groups are funneling the solo queue in order to get in together. and youre back to square one

this would be a complete non-issue if the average player was not such a window licking mouth breather. a little situational awareness, utilizing chat communication, and general common sense game play would make warzones infinitely more competitive and fun
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Arkerus
12.02.2012 , 04:52 PM | #1458
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
you just stated in your own post why a Premade only queue will fail. pugs are required to fill warzone slots to keep queues moving. you separate them, and it is only a matter of time before groups are funneling the solo queue in order to get in together. and youre back to square one

this would be a complete non-issue if the average player was not such a window licking mouth breather. a little situational awareness, utilizing chat communication, and general common sense game play would make warzones infinitely more competitive and fun
I use facts.

Fact: This solution worked in another game. It worked so well they never revisited it and the topic died almost immediately.

The fact that you have to default to name calling like "window licking mouth breather" shows your character. You are framing the problem the way you want to see it, not the way it really is.

Your framing bias and observer bias is grossly obvious.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Doomsdaycomes
12.02.2012 , 05:53 PM | #1459

1. First, for many people, making a group takes time. That is time we don't always have. It can take upwards of an hour or two to from a competent group of people to queue up. This is taking time away from what most of us want to be doing: playing the game.

2. Even if marginally better, premades offer so much in terms of organization they more than make up for any issues they have. Generally speakin, premades that even run a sliver of communication will have a tremendous advantage in a system DESIGNED to allow puggers to pick up and play.

3. If the PvP system was specifically designed with a group in mind, then puggers wouldn't have much of an excuse as they wouldn't even be allowed to play. You know as well as I do that pugs keep the system alive. Without them it dies a quick death.

4. Premades of 4 or more need to go to their own queue, end of story. It got so bad in WoW they had to do the same thing. It got completely out of control.
I really wish you'd read most of the thread, because everything I'm about to say has been said atleast a dozen times. I numbered your paragraphs so I can respond more easily.

1. If you've made friends and/or joined a guild, forming the average premade is less than a few minutes process. Type "Spot for PvP?" You either get an invite, or someone says "I'm solo atm." Follow up with /invite, and snag people as you go. I don't believe anyone is saying "Never solo queue again" ... if you only got a match or two of time, then it's not that big a deal. If you are on for an hour or more... group up.

2. I don't know if this was refering to organization as in team composition or just more organized fighting. If it's the former, it's still luck of the draw, just a little better. A team with a healer and a tank could just as easily be grouped with 3 other healers or 3 more tanks as it could 4 dps. If it's the second... more organized fighting is based on a willingness of each player to communicate and/or follow instructions... which just means the premaders are better players. Why is that a crime?

3. If the PvP was designed with "solo-centric" (ie, not forming a group, relying on randoms or thinking your own skill will carry your team) They'd just have 1 vs 1 warzones. PuG warzone teams are like a PuG'ed Flashpoint/Warzone... they -can- get the job done, they're just alot less likely than a premade, =P simply cause most "good" players see the logic in making your own team and gravitate towards it.

4. You will not get split queue's more than likely, atleast not in the next few updates. Bioware confirmed in it's Q&A (link can be found in this thread if you look). Instead they are aiming for a comprehensive match making system that will balance the teams on some criteria, while remaining flexible enough to get as many matches as possible in a decent amount of time.

DarthSabreth
12.02.2012 , 07:15 PM | #1460
Quote: Originally Posted by Veniras View Post
I'm gonna pound this in with nails until everybody knows.

THEY WILL NOT GET THEIR OWN QUEUE!
Meh it would be nice if they did, most of the devs statements were its on the back burner, no update as of yet bla bla, they know about as much about pvp and what they want to do with it as some people that never played SWTOR, HA i bet most of them never even pvped in this game ever. LOL it would explain alot. stun stun stun, premade premade premade explitive deleted........

I bet if lots left swtor because of premades and the overly excesive CC they would change the ques to be seperate and add a cross server pvp que.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .