Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
10.19.2012 , 05:37 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
If you didn't need a crutch to PvP you would probably also notice it if you solo queued. My biggest problem with premaders is they neither communicate tactics (if one of them are the ops leader) nor do they follow tactics from the ops leader or anyone else that feels like acting like one. They also fail to call out incs and they rely on their guildies to help them when they get incs. They often lose the node or fail miserably with their new tactics they are trying out for ranked warzones I guess. I'm tired of having my PvP experience ruined by premaders on both my side and the opposite side. It's like PvPing with Russians or Brazilians and that's bad.
A. I don't need a "crutch" thank you, I solo queue about 1/2 the time I play. When I solo queue I win about 50% of the time, when I premade I win about 90% of the time.

B. I was simply pointing out that it is highly unlikely (and mathematically impossible) for you to always face premades while almost never being put in a match with one on your side, AND that they own you when you are against them, but lose the match for you when they are on your team.

They are either helping you win 1/2 the time, or helping you lose 1/2 the time, they cant always be awesome against you, and always suck when they are with you, UNLESS you are an easy person to be awesome against, and terrible with...
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Eszi's Avatar


Eszi
10.19.2012 , 06:05 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Thats because premades rather fight pug groups then other premades.... Thats just a fact... If Bioware forces the issue then ranked warzones would have a quicker pop time..
Not always, we would much rather play ranked since facerolling randoms is just boring, but what is even more boring is waiting for ranked to pop knowing that nobody else is queueing

HaLeX's Avatar


HaLeX
10.19.2012 , 08:29 PM | #123
Interesting idea to allow a solo only WZ. There is a huge problem with this. Noone would ever que in a group again. I know I wouldn't. 8 vs 8 pug with no premades is too good to pass on and would be too much fun. I bet group pvp would be dead within 2 weeks, it would also hurt alot of guilds since they no longer have any reason to hang. I'm not sure about this. The hardcore people who are really good in groups tend to play for 5-6-7-8-9 hrs straight. That means some group is gonna get rolled over and over. They will leave for solo que then groups will die. Maybe I'm off here.

Solaufein's Avatar


Solaufein
10.19.2012 , 08:46 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
So you never get grouped with a premade, you are always against them, and the few times you end up with one, they suck?

Yes, that is unscientific. Don't let people stand next to you when it is cloudy.
Actually he's right (at least about the being mostly grouped with a PUG part).

If there's 16 spaces in a WZ. And 4 of those spaces are taken by a premade. Then there's a 4/12 chance of being in the pre-made team and an 8/12 chance of being in a PUG. *napkin maths, not taking into account factions*

So it's twice as likely you'll be the PUG - especially when one faction does pre-mades all the time and the other doesn't.

PvP is dead on my server, because most of the Imps do pre-made and the Reps don't. Reps tend to PVE. The Reps basically don't PvP at all now as it's boring getting facerolled. And those that like to be carried, re-rolled as Sith. It's all Imp vs Imp nowadays. Quite dull.

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
10.19.2012 , 09:11 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
So basically your argument is that Pug people should be forced to play against premades in order to make the game more enjoyable for premade groups... Because without Pug's your premade group would have to wait longer to play.... ya who's whining now?
No, my argument is that primarily Pug players should learn to play nice, and make some friends. It would be more logical for group play to be encouraged (Remember what MMO stands for?), than for group play to be discouraged.

Something is "unfair" when one player has an advantage that another player can not obtain (or have something of equal value.) If one player chooses to abstain from that advantage (picking 3 of your team mates) they really have no business crying when someone else doesn't. It would be the same as calling some one cheap for using a WZ medpak or picking up one of the random power-ups. You had equal opportunity to take one yourself, and you didn't.

Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Odds are my suggestion would increase pop times for Puggers because more people would go for the PUG only option, which means people like me would get faster pops... I could careless about Premade groups just like you could careless about Pug players...

I do know that Bioware wants to make money and when it goes F2P there not going to be able to sell PvP Week passes pitting new players up against fully geared out premades...
Queue times would not decrease. If there is a pool of 32 players, but traditonally 12 of them were in 4 man groups, you've now divided the pools. There is a pool of 20 solo players (enough for 1 game, 4 people left hanging), and 12 group players (not even enought for a game.)

If you don't think 32 players is an accurate sample size, you should see some of the smaller servers during the day. Even during the main hours, we're lucky to se 40+ active PvP'ers.

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
10.20.2012 , 02:33 AM | #126
I always leave WZ, when I am in solo pug vs. premade. Because loosing cause disadvantage it is not fun play.

I play only in games with equal chances -it is fun. There is absolutely no fun play in solo pug vs. ranked premade on regular wz.
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
10.20.2012 , 02:38 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Solaufein View Post
PvP is dead on my server, because most of the Imps do pre-made and the Reps don't. Reps tend to PVE. The Reps basically don't PvP at all now as it's boring getting facerolled. And those that like to be carried, re-rolled as Sith. It's all Imp vs Imp nowadays. Quite dull.
Bravo Bioware! Your Imperial favoritism kill your own game!
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
10.20.2012 , 02:51 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Bravo Bioware! Your Imperial favoritism kill your own game!
There's no difference between Imperial and Republic PvP - heck back on Ajunta Pall, most PvP was Republic victories, not Imperial. All that seems to have happened her is that many of the skilled players rolled Imperial and the lesser PvPers followed suit as this helped them get their weekly done faster.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

KsRReaper's Avatar


KsRReaper
10.20.2012 , 10:47 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssfbistimg View Post
lol only thing killing regular warzones are the masses of bads.
lets all throw ourselves time after time against the same node then complain the whole time that everyone else sucks lol, pvp in this game is hit or miss...usually with those 2-3 players that are smart about it and know how to flank and draw the enemy team to another node then recap instead of wave after wave smashing up against a set up defence

HuaRya's Avatar


HuaRya
10.20.2012 , 03:33 PM | #130
Queuing for a SOLO warzone should be what the name implies.

Random people thrown together on teams in similar gear. Is the WZ not sophisticated enough to match up similar players with similar gear and abilities?

I don't think they are that is why there are threads (endless) describing how someone is on a server where established teams are reaping the WZ comms while the others are basically locked out from getting any.