Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

SenseX
11.26.2012 , 08:24 AM | #1221
I think the system is fine overall.

I play in a hardcore PvP guild and queue up with 4-man pre-made all the time.

On the one hand...
It's good to play against Imperial pre-mades and have a tough fight with a real challenge, sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. That's life. When I queue with 4-man premade this is what happens most of the time actually, i.e. we're usually fighting other pre-mades with only a random PUG here and there to fill up the ranks.

On the other hand...
Every now and then it's also fun to play against complete Imperial Recruit PUG teams. Run up to 3 recruits at a turret, Force Leap, Awe everyone, Pacify and kill first guy with default rotation while other 2 can do nothing, pop Zen, kill 2nd one with Precision Slash, Blade Storm and Blade Rush spam, pop Guarded by the Force + Medpac and finish 3rd with whatever I have left. - It's just fun, what can I say Simply good times with my guildmates and on my Combat Sentinel!

cycao
11.26.2012 , 08:36 AM | #1222
Quote: Originally Posted by SenseX View Post
I think the system is fine overall.

I play in a hardcore PvP guild and queue up with 4-man pre-made all the time.

On the one hand...
It's good to play against Imperial pre-mades and have a tough fight with a real challenge, sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. That's life. When I queue with 4-man premade this is what happens most of the time actually, i.e. we're usually fighting other pre-mades with only a random PUG here and there to fill up the ranks.

On the other hand...
Every now and then it's also fun to play against complete Imperial Recruit PUG teams. Run up to 3 recruits at a turret, Force Leap, Awe everyone, Pacify and kill first guy with default rotation while other 2 can do nothing, pop Zen, kill 2nd one with Precision Slash, Blade Storm and Blade Rush spam, pop Guarded by the Force + Medpac and finish 3rd with whatever I have left. - It's just fun, what can I say Simply good times with my guildmates and on my Combat Sentinel!
A true test of skill indeed.

alexzk
11.26.2012 , 08:53 AM | #1223
At least 1 said true reason why premades do PuGs - they love to feel theirself gods :/
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

cycao
11.26.2012 , 09:04 AM | #1224
Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
At least 1 said true reason why premades do PuGs - they love to feel theirself gods :/
Why premades do pugs? You mean why they do regular warzones with guildies. I did some rateds Friday night and in the 10 games we got, only faced 4 teams as the rest were empty warzones which totally sucked. Waiting some time for a rated queue to pop can be bad enough but when you go 20+minutes of waiting only to not face a team is not fun.

DarthFamine
11.26.2012 , 09:36 AM | #1225
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Bull****.
I don't claim to know how it happened, but that's what happened. wish I had time to vid it but i was dead before I thought to capture it.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Veniras
11.26.2012 , 09:38 AM | #1226
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthFamine View Post
I don't claim to know how it happened, but that's what happened. wish I had time to vid it but i was dead before I thought to capture it.
Combat logging is your friend

CommanderKeeva
11.26.2012 , 09:57 AM | #1227
I have a Sage and my Mind Crush has never critted that high on a tick. The only way I could imagine you being hit by Crushing Darkness for that much damage is if your opponent was a fully min/maxed WH/EWH on exotech stims and warzone adrenals and you were wearing some really **** low level gear. Even then, 8k would be the overall damage from the attack itself and the 6-second-long dot NOT damage per tick.

I don't know what kind of drugs you were on but if Crushing Darkness could hit 8k per tick, I'm pretty sure that everyone would be playing a JC/SI by now.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Taneisha
11.26.2012 , 09:59 AM | #1228
Premades are going to happen regardless how many people complain about it.

Instead lets complain how to the F2P completely clueless people are ruining lowbie PvP for us people who actually pay for our subs!?
~Just because they nerf a class doesn't mean you still don't suck~

Wainamoinen
11.26.2012 , 10:27 AM | #1229
I got hit with a crushing darkness the other night on my BM geared sage.
8k a tick.
That seems a little high.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

foxmob
11.26.2012 , 10:45 AM | #1230
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Why premades do pugs? You mean why they do regular warzones with guildies. I did some rateds Friday night and in the 10 games we got, only faced 4 teams as the rest were empty warzones which totally sucked. Waiting some time for a rated queue to pop can be bad enough but when you go 20+minutes of waiting only to not face a team is not fun.
how long does it take to end said wz's with 3-caps or by scoring 6 goals? I imagine vstar would be bothersome.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.