Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Hairyzac
10.19.2012 , 11:08 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
This issue isn't anything new, and has been brought up in countless threads over the past 6+ months at least.

The solution is the same as it has always been. Bioware needs to separate group and single queues, and the only way they can support that is by implementing cross-server queues. They apparently do not have the means to do this currently, though they haven't adequately explained why.

Given all the fundamental problems with Ranked WZs (this too has been explained in great detail in numerous posts), premades have become more common in regular WZs. The issue here isn't that premades are "cowards" or they only want to farm PUGs all day, it's that many of these premades are partial premades (a single group of 4 players), but you'll often see two partial premades in the same WZ. These are often players who merely want to play together, and/or who feel it necessary to group up given how horrible most PUGs can be and that the other faction is also queueing up with groups, and finally because Ranked WZs are simply not viable (and typically not fun). Speaking from personal experience, my guild on my server queues up in groups primarily because most of the PUGs are just that bad and because we're constantly facing double (partial) or full premades from the Republic side. When we do queue up for Ranked, it's when we have 16 people on so that we can form two Ranked teams to play against each other. We don't win trade, and we shift around the teams to keep things even as far as skill and class composition go. Our scrimmages are often intense, close matches and it's the only time that we actually have fun doing Ranked WZs.

While none of this helps the solo queue players (PUGs), it's the unfortunate reality of WZ PvP in this game. My suggestion is to group up with players who are semi-competent and geared. They don't need to be from the same guild. That alone will reduce the amount of losses you suffer because of either undergeard players or those who are simply inept at PvP. The other suggestion is to gear up your alts with your main by sending the PvP mods via legacy gear. That way you never have to step foot in a WZ wearing Recruit gear. That's what I did, and not only did it make my alt's transition into lvl 50 PvP more smooth, I wasn't ever a liability in matches because of my gear. If you don't like either of those suggestions, or you simply prefer to solo queue, then you might consider avoiding PvP altogether until BW pulls their collective heads out of their arses and figures out how to implement cross-server queues so they can do things like queue separation and gear-based match-making.
Group and single queues ARE seperated. They are called normal or regular war zones, and ranked war zones. Sometimes you lose and sometimes you win. Get some friends if you don't like to lose sometimes. Nothing will change and BW needs to do nothing.

/THREAD

edit: Your guild refuses to do rankeds unless they have 16 online so it is against their own team? WOW. I understand now why you would think normal war zones are unbalanced do to you having to play with or against anyone other than your guildmates. /BOGGLE

Exgrunt
10.19.2012 , 01:47 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by salaryman View Post
The thing these kiddies don't understand is that when those 1.5 mil "casuals" un-sub (or leave the game when f2p) that SWTOR dies and they turn off the servers.

War-Zones weren't made just for the 5% of the players with low self-esteem that think it's "fun" to make premades of fully augmented WH-gear players and boot-stomp fresh 50s in recruit gear all day long.

EA/BW can either fix pvp to make it enjoyable for the 95% of players that are "casuals" or they can keep it the way it is now and watch as the playerbase & revenue continue to decline at an ever-increasing rate.
we are not talking about rated wzs here the complaint is that premades are ruining regular wzs. That is definitely not true I generally do quite well with or without being in a group with ppl from the guild. Seriously partial premade is not godmode like you guys think, there are plenty of times we have qued with as a 4man group and still gotten our butts handed to us so like I said before if you lose get over it or quit playing warzones.
Have fun Kill pubs

Doomsdaycomes
10.19.2012 , 01:53 PM | #103
Ya... I still don't get this.

1. How hard is it to find a few friends and Queue up? We're playing a massive-multiplayer game. Shouldn't the goal, and expectation be for people to play together?

2. Why do people act like those who do run in groups (same guild, whatever...) are terrible people? All we're doing is playing with friends and actually coordinating. A PuG could do well if it coordinates, but "pre-mades" are more likely to do so. That's it.

Capt_Beers
10.19.2012 , 02:21 PM | #104
I love threads like this. I even made my own thread about them,

This falls in the premades with voice are crushing me category. As far as I know there are no group restrictions on one faction that aren't on the other. Group up yourself. Get on Vent/Mumble/TS or whatever there are no shortage of options. Gear up together. Learn the maps, tactics and counter tactics together. You know, be a team. Odds are you can find plenty of people to group with. If you're one of those "Don't force me to group with people BW" guys, I have no idea what you're even doing in WZ's.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Theodulus
10.19.2012 , 03:15 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Ya... I still don't get this.

1. How hard is it to find a few friends and Queue up? We're playing a massive-multiplayer game. Shouldn't the goal, and expectation be for people to play together?

2. Why do people act like those who do run in groups (same guild, whatever...) are terrible people? All we're doing is playing with friends and actually coordinating. A PuG could do well if it coordinates, but "pre-mades" are more likely to do so. That's it.
Meh just remove the ability to solo queue. I mean who needs the solo queuers since they are just bad?

Doomsdaycomes
10.19.2012 , 03:29 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Meh just remove the ability to solo queue. I mean who needs the solo queuers since they are just bad?
<.< I think of it as the difference between PuG HM groups and a team of friends or guilds. PuG's often have a ton of problems, but when your friends aren't on, they'll get the job done 75% of the time. Might cost you an arm and a leg in repair bills...

However, I'd always -rather- play with friends or guildies, since I know them, we can communicate, and our success rate goes up to 99% of the time.

So... should they remove the ability to pick your groups in PvE too?

TonyDragonflame
10.19.2012 , 03:32 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Great idea. Lets make this, and we'll see, how many subs stay in game

Monoth
10.19.2012 , 04:35 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by abhaxus View Post

If you could L2P, you wouldn't whine about premades. You should be whining about the terribad pugs you are teamed with, except then you'd have to admit right now you're one of them.
Why should people who want to pug a warzone have to play with Premades in the first place? You just want to use the BS L2P excuse because you enjoy face rolling puggers with your premade groups...

The ONLY People that would be against my suggestion would be Premade groups that want easy targets... If you want to play in a premade fine play against other premades, it's funny how people say L2P yet they insist on fighting Pug groups instead of other premades, hmmm wonder why... Maybe because they suck to bad to play on a level playing field... Against other premades they get face rolled themselves....

With F2P coming and Bioware wanting people to buy Week PvP passes, they better make PvP fun, because people are not going to spend money for week passes just to get face rolled by Premades..
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Monoth
10.19.2012 , 04:37 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
Premades don't do ranked, because ranked queues usually take 1h or more
Thats because premades rather fight pug groups then other premades.... Thats just a fact... If Bioware forces the issue then ranked warzones would have a quicker pop time..
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

DeeMoneyBig
10.19.2012 , 04:42 PM | #110
Bads end up grouped with premades all the time - there are still 4 pug spots in each group afterall. Don't hear the bads asking for nerfs/changes when they are on the winning team cashing their free 140 comms...

Scar - <Resurgum>
Tarquinas - Nomad