Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris is awful

antwillgreen
10.17.2012 , 10:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by FearlessXIII View Post
I can understand pepole who don't like Taris. The planet is just depressing.
Personaly, I dislike Tatooine more. Sand, sand, sand and, oh look, sand.

There are a lot of planets with very diferent settings. But with all the sidequests and the "bonus" sections, wich at the time I get to them feel more like punishment, each planet takes about three times as long to complete as it takes me to get bored with it's setting.
Well to be fair.... its Tattoine
Ya you can guess what finger i'll be having up at your idea of what the "Real Star Wars" is.

spectreclees
10.18.2012 , 12:47 AM | #22
I guess I'm one of those weirdos, I like Taris. Being a Kotor1 player and beyond I much enjoyed going back to the planet.. It would make it 100% better if it was phased and when you finish the planet you actually see some progress.

NickDory
10.18.2012 , 09:12 AM | #23
Well I eventually finished everything on Taris and I am in Nar Shaddaa at the moment. I really enjoy Nar Shadda. I feel the environment is really fun and it is something you always see in a Bioware game. As of all the people hating on Tatooine. I can probably understand that, but for me Tatooine and Hoth are the planets I want to visit the most since they have such major connections to the movies I want to see what they were like 3,500 years ago.

Icebergy
10.18.2012 , 09:31 AM | #24
I played KOTOR and I hate leveling on Taris. The Imp side is better, but the Rep side is just...blah. Rakghouls and rubble.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

force_fortytwo
10.19.2012 , 05:22 AM | #25
On my first toon, I found Taris incredibly easy. Maybe that was because I did Nar Shaddaa first (and died about 10k times during this procedure, as a Lvl16 toon on a Lvl20-24 planet, things are rather hard ^^). The distances between outposts and thus between class story elements are a bit lengthy, that's true - but as one discovers an outpost and unlocks its speeder pad, things get better.

Concerning the Rakghoul thing, I do not have a strong opinion for or against it. They are just another race of mobs of which you will eventually have to kill some to gain XP and proceed (quite as it is on other planets, imo)...

When it comes to lengthyness or the "boredom factor", I personally get more p***ed off by planets like Hoth, Voss or Corellia. Imagine having to solve Corellia w/o a speeder, om*g! And even with a speeder you have to spend quite some time travelling between quests. Don't get me wrong - Corellia has been done nicely concerning the atmosphere and the details, I think. It's just too darn big, and somewhat confusing!!

Tatooine, in contrary, doesn't appear lengthy to me. Only in the Dune Sea you may get the impression that it's all the same - the other areas feel quite diverting to me.
The CELAERIS Legacy on Vanjervalis Chain
Nithaam(55) - Tank; Kesara(55) - DD; Danira(55) - Heal; Luzanna(55) - Heal; Slasho(22) - DD; Solda-Teska(19) - DD; Yadavena(55) - Heal; Rjandric(55) - Tank; Euphagus(55) - Tank; KlÝtus(19) - DD; Clandestina(12) - DD