Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

***Official PvE Progression V2***

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
***Official PvE Progression V2***

KeyboardNinja
09.30.2013 , 03:34 PM | #631
My proposal for the itemized list:

Not defeated
Defeated on SM (if not "previous" tier; if there's a NiM for that op)
Defeated on previous tier (SM for the new ops; HM for the current)
Defeated on current tier
Defeated on current tier (server first!)

The colors here are "Black", "Silver", "Red", "Green" and "RoyalBlue". Copy/paste the block character.

For example, the list for TfB would look like the following:

Terror From Beyond

The Underworld Alliance (R)
Aisthesis (R)
Proper Villains (E)
New OutRiders (R)
Random Noobs (R)

Outstanding problems with this:
  • Slightly tedious to update (you should see the raw text of the above)
  • Doesn't track faction first at all (do we care?)

Titles can be indicated with a badge. For example, Or even something more subtle, like an asterisk (*).

I'm not sure that my list of outstanding problems is much of a concern (minus the "tedious to update") since we're going to be keeping a separate linear text list down at the bottom of the post.

Random thought: it might be worth putting in the explicit rules that Imp/Pub mirror guilds are allowed to post separately if they so desire (e.g. we could post HM clears for <Antithesis>). This has been implicitly accepted in the past (see: Forsaken Wrath), but never codified to my knowledge.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

sofiebear
10.01.2013 , 12:39 PM | #632
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Random thought: it might be worth putting in the explicit rules that Imp/Pub mirror guilds are allowed to post separately if they so desire (e.g. we could post HM clears for <Antithesis>). This has been implicitly accepted in the past (see: Forsaken Wrath), but never codified to my knowledge.
I'm not a huge fan of allowing mirror guilds into the list. I just get the impression that people are just decking their mains out in legacy gear and smuggling to the mirrored faction. Obviously its not always the case, but it just doesn't sit right with me.
{the ebon hawk} sedona. rosarie. rosale.
{the harbinger} blanket. comforter.
{the shadowlands} wist.

tasmen
10.01.2013 , 01:11 PM | #633
Quote: Originally Posted by sofiebear View Post
I'm not a huge fan of allowing mirror guilds into the list. I just get the impression that people are just decking their mains out in legacy gear and smuggling to the mirrored faction. Obviously its not always the case, but it just doesn't sit right with me.
I feel the same way. To me, that is like posting an alt group for a guild progressed too and may end up making the list too cumbersome and less meaningful.
Tasmen ~ Taslin ~ Tas'men
<< Proper Villains >>
<< The Ebon Hawk >>

Airam
10.01.2013 , 03:21 PM | #634
<Aisthesis> is 5/5 in sm DF :-)

ETA: blind clear

ETA: 1/5 DF HM
A'jantis: First Force Sweep is Free Aglaya: Solo Brontes!
Ylira: Reflex Stim Tank Publius: Portable Shield Generator
Gavriil: Grav Round, Grav Round, Medical Probe!
"No. You stay and die for Aisthesis!" -Vedista

tasmen
10.01.2013 , 04:25 PM | #635
Quote: Originally Posted by Airam View Post
<Aisthesis> is 5/5 in sm DF :-)

ETA: blind clear

ETA: 1/5 DF HM
Damn our later PV start times and stupid work! *shakes fist*

Grats
Tasmen ~ Taslin ~ Tas'men
<< Proper Villains >>
<< The Ebon Hawk >>

Airam
10.01.2013 , 06:21 PM | #636
2/5 DF HM :-)

And thanks!
A'jantis: First Force Sweep is Free Aglaya: Solo Brontes!
Ylira: Reflex Stim Tank Publius: Portable Shield Generator
Gavriil: Grav Round, Grav Round, Medical Probe!
"No. You stay and die for Aisthesis!" -Vedista

KeyboardNinja
10.01.2013 , 07:00 PM | #637
Now 3/5 DF HM.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Bombbuster
10.01.2013 , 07:14 PM | #638
Quote: Originally Posted by Airam View Post
I'd love to maintain the progression thread. I talked about it with KBN and we could definitely transition it over to a v3, which, since new content is dropping tomorrow, seems like a good transition time. We'd be going forward with the idea that most people seemed to favor in terms of how to set it up and rank it, and with new content coming, it seems like most active guilds will be posting new clears soon. If you let me know by today, KBN and I can transition it over tonight.

I have plenty of time to check the thread and update it, and I'm hopefully well-known enough that people won't have qualms participating with the thread under new ownership, so to speak.
Excellent, the progression thread is yours, and I know we all look forward to changes.

For my part it's been great and I have enjoyed maintaining the server progression thread. My RL has been so busy of late and the thread deserves daily updates, so I felt that stepping aside would be in the best interest of the server.

Gratz on the new ops HM kills. Like many players across every server I am disappointed the new ops lack the challenge of the previous content but I suppose it's best for the game as a whole to have easier operations that are accessible to more players. Everything is cyclic I suppose.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
ZoŽ: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

KeyboardNinja
10.01.2013 , 07:22 PM | #639
Quote: Originally Posted by Bombbuster View Post
Gratz on the new ops HM kills. Like many players across every server I am disappointed the new ops lack the challenge of the previous content but I suppose it's best for the game as a whole to have easier operations that are accessible to more players. Everything is cyclic I suppose.
They're definitely harder than we expected. The second boss is a beast. Not anywhere near nightmare mode though. :-(

TemptsFate
10.01.2013 , 09:33 PM | #640
<Bane>

doing a totally blind run has cleared DF SM!
Lind'oo, Lind'su, Lindou
Lindee, Lincha, Lindol