Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

***Official PvE Progression V2***

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
***Official PvE Progression V2***

RynZelara
09.21.2013 , 06:01 PM | #621
Quote: Originally Posted by Cookiackus View Post
I agree with the gear problem that will occur with the new operations. I know from my guilds stand point, if we start getting 78 gear we are going to tear through stuff that we are on the cusp of now pretty easily and that really sucks. Most nightmare clears coming after the new operations will come down to whether guilds have the time to run both the new HMs and the NiM stuff. It really sucks to be honest but there is not much we can do about it. Post new operation clears of NiM will be more prestigious in my opinion at this point.
Yeah it does suck. All the work we're putting into NiM right now is basically for nothing if BW goes live with the new OPs as they are.

I know that's how MMOs usually go, but it still sucks. =/
Ros'alyn, Grand Master Tuna Cruncher - Consular Task Force
Vatar'ryn, Cookie Baker of Evil - Tuna Apprentice
Zan'aryn, Gotta Have Blue Hair - DerpSweep Apprentice

KeyboardNinja
09.21.2013 , 10:36 PM | #622
I agree with the gear problem that will occur with the new operations. I know from my guilds stand point, if we start getting 78 gear we are going to tear through stuff that we are on the cusp of now pretty easily and that really sucks. Most nightmare clears coming after the new operations will come down to whether guilds have the time to run both the new HMs and the NiM stuff. It really sucks to be honest but there is not much we can do about it. Post new operation clears of NiM will be more prestigious in my opinion at this point.
I feel pretty much the same way. I'm sure that, post-2.4, it'll only be a few weeks before both UWA and Aisthesis are titled and sitting pretty. We already clear the first four bosses in TfB with 40 minutes to spare on the title; with 78s it will be a comparative walk in the park.

With that said, I don't think the experience will be universal. Sure, a lot of guilds will pick up a few more nightmare bosses. Dread Guard isn't that terrible, and a little extra gear on your healers and tanks goes a long way. Op IX is a straight mechanics check even now, with gear playing very little role. Styrak is similar. I doubt that we're going to see a title bonanza once 2.4 drops.

Just think about EC NiM. Even though we now out gear it by *four* tiers and out level the content by five levels, some of the mechanics still pose a threat. If your tanks couldn't execute on Kephess pre-2.0, they won't now. Despite the relative triviality of the content, only a handful of groups have gone and picked up the Warstalker title. TfB and S&V will be like that, but even more so.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Streaming Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Cookiackus
09.22.2013 , 09:38 AM | #623
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
I feel pretty much the same way. I'm sure that, post-2.4, it'll only be a few weeks before both UWA and Aisthesis are titled and sitting pretty. We already clear the first four bosses in TfB with 40 minutes to spare on the title; with 78s it will be a comparative walk in the park.

With that said, I don't think the experience will be universal. Sure, a lot of guilds will pick up a few more nightmare bosses. Dread Guard isn't that terrible, and a little extra gear on your healers and tanks goes a long way. Op IX is a straight mechanics check even now, with gear playing very little role. Styrak is similar. I doubt that we're going to see a title bonanza once 2.4 drops.

Just think about EC NiM. Even though we now out gear it by *four* tiers and out level the content by five levels, some of the mechanics still pose a threat. If your tanks couldn't execute on Kephess pre-2.0, they won't now. Despite the relative triviality of the content, only a handful of groups have gone and picked up the Warstalker title. TfB and S&V will be like that, but even more so.
I agree that most guilds still will not be able to full clear nightmare content but I was more talking about progression. Its going to cheapen every nightmare kill after the new tier of gear comes out, just sucks after putting so much work into it that the value is lessened. I hate progression that becomes more of a time race then anything. But we will have 3 months in total to complete the content so I guess that is a fair amount of time, I just wish the new Ops dropped 75 instead of 78, that would have kept it more fun.
The Ebon Hawk - The Underworld Alliance - Loggus
PoT5 - Severity Gaming - Mungtatta
The Ebon Hawk - Proper Villains - ManGlazed

Airam
09.23.2013 , 01:03 PM | #624
I agree that most guilds still will not be able to full clear nightmare content but I was more talking about progression. Its going to cheapen every nightmare kill after the new tier of gear comes out, just sucks after putting so much work into it that the value is lessened. I hate progression that becomes more of a time race then anything. But we will have 3 months in total to complete the content so I guess that is a fair amount of time, I just wish the new Ops dropped 75 instead of 78, that would have kept it more fun.
Completely agree. However, I think that all the guilds on this server are underperforming the time content expectations. Would we really be so upset if we had either already cleared at least one nightmare mode or had made deeper inroads into both? I don't ask out of spite or elitism; I know that <Aisthesis>'s summer schedule was somewhat ****ed up, and UWA had a lot of changes as well. I estimate that <Aisthesis> lost at least two weeks' worth of raiding time due to vacations, school and life events. Things have calmed down a lot now, but I feel that as a guild we're still hopelessly behind that sweet spot where it's exciting that new content is coming out but also manageable with the content we're still trying to clear.

If the new nightmare modes drop in three months and we haven't cleared all the current content plus the new ops, I'm gonna be pretty worried.

ETA: I know that Tam, Daharel and Ros have already weighed in, but I am definitely in favor of Harbinger's system with further coloring for server firsts. Even if <Random Noobs> gets a server first kill because they logged in at 12:00 after a patch, that's still a feather in someone's cap that I don't begrudge them. One of my proudest moments was putting together a scrub guild group at the last minute (people who weren't even in any progression team) and killing Dash'roode HM.

PS <Random Noobs> is totally going to be a guild now.
A'jantis: First Force Sweep is Free Aglaya: Solo Brontes!
Ylira: Reflex Stim Tank Publius: Portable Shield Generator
Gavriil: Grav Round, Grav Round, Medical Probe!
"No. You stay and die for Aisthesis!" -Vedista

VarekRayth
09.30.2013 , 09:06 AM | #625
Kels to 62% on our best pull, Ciphas dropping consistently...

We'll get those bastards before 2.4

Get Wrecked - AP Powertech - <good talk>

sofiebear
09.30.2013 , 09:58 AM | #626
Quote: Originally Posted by VarekRayth View Post
Kels to 62% on our best pull, Ciphas dropping consistently...

We'll get those bastards before 2.4
60%. Learn to number better Az. :3

Edit: Has a decision on the change of formatting for the thread been made? With 2.4 coming on Tues, it would probably be smart to figure something out asap.
sedona. rosarie.
rosale.

Bombbuster
09.30.2013 , 12:42 PM | #627
It looks like all the guilds but one want to go with a split format, one list for each op, so that's what we'll use. I'll try and get the changes done soon but I have been very busy with RL.

On that note, if someone wants to take over the progression thread please post your intention here. Must be willing to check the thread and make updates daily, without disappearing for weeks on end like previous thread owners have done.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
ZoŽ: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

KeyboardNinja
09.30.2013 , 12:54 PM | #628
Quote: Originally Posted by Bombbuster View Post
It looks like all the guilds but one want to go with a split format, one list for each op, so that's what we'll use. I'll try and get the changes done soon but I have been very busy with RL.
Entirely fair.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bombbuster View Post
On that note, if someone wants to take over the progression thread please post your intention here. Must be willing to check the thread and make updates daily, without disappearing for weeks on end like previous thread owners have done.
Are you expressing a desire to step down as the maintainer? What I mean is, it's much easier for me if you're maintaining the list, but I would rather take over than allow the list to simply go away.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Streaming Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

sofiebear
09.30.2013 , 01:18 PM | #629
If the thread will no longer be maintained, I have a bit of time I could reserve to that if need be. This thread is just such a wonderful asset for the PVE community. It'd be a shame for it to disappear.
sedona. rosarie.
rosale.

Airam
09.30.2013 , 03:34 PM | #630
I'd love to maintain the progression thread. I talked about it with KBN and we could definitely transition it over to a v3, which, since new content is dropping tomorrow, seems like a good transition time. We'd be going forward with the idea that most people seemed to favor in terms of how to set it up and rank it, and with new content coming, it seems like most active guilds will be posting new clears soon. If you let me know by today, KBN and I can transition it over tonight.

I have plenty of time to check the thread and update it, and I'm hopefully well-known enough that people won't have qualms participating with the thread under new ownership, so to speak.
A'jantis: First Force Sweep is Free Aglaya: Solo Brontes!
Ylira: Reflex Stim Tank Publius: Portable Shield Generator
Gavriil: Grav Round, Grav Round, Medical Probe!
"No. You stay and die for Aisthesis!" -Vedista