Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The obsolete class!

Brittaany_Banks
10.15.2012 , 04:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LuciferinDNA View Post
Sorry, that I didn't made separate advanced class pro/con, but this thread is for players with expert knowledge about the game.
Too bad it's not for people with expert knowledge of the English language.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

LuciferinDNA
10.15.2012 , 05:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nursejenna View Post
Did this post really happen? ...or did I just have a stroke...
Don't worry friend, you don't need stroke to have brain function like a stone , )

Just for you:
Jump skills unbalanced compared to the knights/warriors dmg output + there ac, defense and immune skills (but I'm not for nerfing)
Sage is way to sensitive to banish here by channeling skills and root here in place (spec heals)
(do you know how "emergency medpac" /"surgical probe" works? )
Shadow has a bunch of fansy "good looking skills on paper" but if your shadow is not in high end gear, you can forgot about it (recruit pvp, r49 moded pve geared classes > shadow in battle master or rakta)
Hide is fun, when you don't wanna fight with npc's till your instas, or restart an open world pvp and it should have more upgrade then "Shadows Respite" and "Masked Assault"

more tangible? Or you too square even for that? : )
By the way, may I ask what class is your main char Sir Hypochondriac?

Doomsdaycomes
10.15.2012 , 05:08 AM | #13
<.< Not sure what this thread is about, but before you go crying about Consular being obselete, perhaps you should remember Shadows/Sins are often considered the best PvP class since they have stealth, defensive CD's, decent burst, and depending on spec (I've not tried a hybrid myself, but I'm told it's awesome) a decent mixture of utility like pull, guard, slows, and stuns. Let's not forget stealth mez.

Sages are incredible healers as well, with an AoE HoT, bubbles (which can be specced to stun on breaking), force speed, and the all time hutt ball winning utility, Rescue. <.< Correct me if I'm wrong, but no other class has an Ally Pull, and if you've never seen a Sage/Sorc pull an ally either to ramps or the goal line... you must still be in lowbie pvp.

I've been told Sage Dps is a bit lackluster, but if you think your class is obsolete, the DPS commando's would like a word with you.

LuciferinDNA
10.15.2012 , 05:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
Too bad it's not for people with expert knowledge of the English language.
Yea, thats really bad dude : ( Its the worst thing what we can imagine connected to SWTOR! Its worst then the lack of subscribers, then the unbalanced classes, then the incredible grind for commendations... to tell the truth, thats the real issue here!
I'm wondering, in how many language you post threads on the web?

Olostur
10.15.2012 , 05:27 AM | #15
Don't worry friend, you don't need stroke to have brain function like a stone , )
Don't worry friend, you don't need stroke to have brain function like a stoner....
~ Darth Decimal ~

LuciferinDNA
10.15.2012 , 05:34 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
<.< Not sure what this thread is about, but before you go crying about Consular being obselete, perhaps you should remember Shadows/Sins are often considered the best PvP class since they have stealth, defensive CD's, decent burst, and depending on spec (I've not tried a hybrid myself, but I'm told it's awesome) a decent mixture of utility like pull, guard, slows, and stuns. Let's not forget stealth mez.

Sages are incrediable healers as well, with an AoE HoT, bubbles (which can be specced to stun on breaking), force speed, and the all time hutt ball winning utility, Rescue. <.< Correct me if I'm wrong, but no other class has an Ally Pull, and if you've never seen a Sage/Sorc pull an ally either to ramps or the goal line... you must still be in lowbie pvp.

I've been told Sage Dps is a bit lackluster, but if you think your class is obsolete, the DPS commando's would like a word with you.
I absolutely agree with you about the commando class! It had a way to big nerf in 1.1 or 1.2 I don't remember. I'm totally stopped playing that class.

Sage bubble - its 1500 absorption general, if you max your healing bonus by power + force power + will power, it can go up to 2000... vs 4000- 9000 critics to your 17000 hp (if you max healing bonus you will have that amount of HP in the end)

"Sages are incredible healers" - true, but they are just healer that time and a statue! after 200 wz its getting boring (you fell no action, but you start to have a fell, that you are a slave who keep the action and the fun for the team)

"Kinetic Collapse" is epic I agree but some times it won't work, coz of bug or immunity I never know, but then you should spend 17 points on telekinetics skill tree, and how you mentioned, Sage is good healer, but bad DPS so so its not the best deal for a good build , )

"Rescue" - first you should stay alive and not be CC in the goal line, what is more hard then jump there with 30% movement speed after landing with 7000+ AC (Charge/Jet Speed) or with a "guarde by the force" in your pocket , )
But lets don't roll a class coz of Hutt Ball , )

Shadow is the best pvp class coz of stealth? Please tell me an example when he has a great advantage from it (in addition to restart battle in open pvp map)
I'm listening you with respect in this issue : ) (not ironic, I'm truly interested: ))
Operative have advantage from stealth, but not shadow in my eyes.

LuciferinDNA
10.15.2012 , 05:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Olostur View Post
Don't worry friend, you don't need stroke to have brain function like a stoner....
Incredibly creative, Gratz! And thanks for your epic opinion about the issue!
Any way, I saved you from this day's "waiting for my man" so both of us happy now!
Keep up the trolling! The game will shine thanks to you , )

Doomsdaycomes
10.15.2012 , 05:51 AM | #18
I am curious what your main is. I've a Merc (50 healer), Commando (50 Dps), Sin (50 Dps/tank), Sniper (50 dps), Sorc (50 healer) and I'm working on a Shadow (38 tank).

Stealth is always an advantage. What an enemy can not see, he can not counteract (generally). That means you can start the fight on your terms. Whether it means mezzing someone and then trying to cap, opening up with burst (a fresh 50 who saved up comms can now easily have WH weapon and Focus, and does quite well), or yanking a healer away form it's guard. (etc...)

(Handy trick: Mezz someone while standing next to the node, then immediately LoS and try to cap. If they don't break it, there's a good chance you'll cap before they can hit you. If they do break, either restealth or whirlwind, and cap.)

And yes, you should never pick a class for just one WZ, since you can't choose WZ's. However, if you think Rescue is only useful for Huttball, have you ever seen a Sage rescue a comrade from the maurader/jugg pack? My team does it all the time on Novare and Civil War, yanking whomever is being focussed to safety and then healing them up before the pack can target/leap to them again. Happens less on voidstar, though the pillars on either side of the door make for excellent rescue into LoS and heal.

Let's not forget their AoE heal, which is still fire and forget, and super useful for teams defending nodes/doors.

So respectfully, I don't think you can claim Sages/Shadow's are "obselete" and doing so is an extreme disservice to both A/C's.

LuciferinDNA
10.15.2012 , 06:35 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I am curious what your main is. I've a Merc (50 healer), Commando (50 Dps), Sin (50 Dps/tank), Sniper (50 dps), Sorc (50 healer) and I'm working on a Shadow (38 tank).

Stealth is always an advantage. What an enemy can not see, he can not counteract (generally). That means you can start the fight on your terms. Whether it means mezzing someone and then trying to cap, opening up with burst (a fresh 50 who saved up comms can now easily have WH weapon and Focus, and does quite well), or yanking a healer away form it's guard. (etc...)

(Handy trick: Mezz someone while standing next to the node, then immediately LoS and try to cap. If they don't break it, there's a good chance you'll cap before they can hit you. If they do break, either restealth or whirlwind, and cap.)

And yes, you should never pick a class for just one WZ, since you can't choose WZ's. However, if you think Rescue is only useful for Huttball, have you ever seen a Sage rescue a comrade from the maurader/jugg pack? My team does it all the time on Novare and Civil War, yanking whomever is being focussed to safety and then healing them up before the pack can target/leap to them again. Happens less on voidstar, though the pillars on either side of the door make for excellent rescue into LoS and heal.

Let's not forget their AoE heal, which is still fire and forget, and super useful for teams defending nodes/doors.

So respectfully, I don't think you can claim Sages/Shadow's are "obselete" and doing so is an extreme disservice to both A/C's.
Thanks so much for the Shadow rotation tip : ) I will log out and try it as soon as posible. But I will have to change skill tree..
I use hide quite rarely, till I focused on put 22 points to Kinetic combat, till "Harmessed Shadows" for a little self heal and my other goal was to use spinning kicks out of stealth by "stasis". Then I use balance tree till adjudication to have +50% crit dmg from double strike, what I use a lot for "Particle Acceleration" for crit project what I combinate with "Force Potency" when "Harmessed Shadows" has 3 stacks (so project first, till its insta with critic + 50% + 50% from upheaval(if I have luck, )) then TT till its uninterruptible with 3 stack. So how you see, its a quite well build rotation, but I'm still lacking vs the most class, if they have god gear and know what they do (thats way I made the thread)
I will try now to move to Infiltration, maybe this time it will change my opinion about the tree , )

Sage aoe heal can be interrupt very lightly, till everyone knows the starting animation , ) and after the 5. sec of the fights you have the healer sign in your char so everyone cap you out if you just step to the field : / Channeling skills good if you can stay in the background what is quite impossible with that sign on you , )

By the way, my main chars now - 50 Sage, 50 Shadow, 50 Scoundrel - I gathering commendation for them
+ I have all republic advanced classes, but no way to gather commendation for them as well , )

Scoundrel is a beast! My Vanguard is an EGO polish char, logging in 2 times a week for a few wz making unbelievable lot of dmg + medals from guard to grab the votes : p Very effective char but not my main (I'm not that soldier kind when RP-inside fantasy, story line, but I made it to get the legacy 5% endurance bonus) But he is one of my strongest character in my eyes with its tools.
Guardian and Sent are the most powerful in rep side and how I see in Imp as well, but I have them just for legacy bonus as well, I still dodged the class to start gather commendation for them, coz I always qq against them in my self till wz and to bring one of them out like my main would be "to lose the game" in my eyes : ) To join the power is always an easy move and with the background story of our game it would be even ironic , )

Brittaany_Banks
10.15.2012 , 07:52 AM | #20
Yea, thats really bad dude : ( Its the worst thing what we can imagine connected to SWTOR! Its worst then the lack of subscribers, then the unbalanced classes, then the incredible grind for commendations... to tell the truth, thats the real issue here!
I'm wondering, in how many language you post threads on the web?
As far as subscribers go... unless you work for Bioware, Electronic Arts, or Lucasarts you have NO metric data on current subscriber base, how many subs may be bleeding from the game, or how many players still have active accounts so just stop with the dwindling numbers argument. Just because some of your friends might be leaving the game DOES not indicate by any measure that this game is seeing MASSIVE declines in accounts.

As far as your unbalanced classes argument goes.... this is a joke of an argument. If you compare a Sage Healer to a Sorcerer Healer the classes are 100% balanced. If you compare a Sage Healer to a Marauder.... YES of course they are not balanced. THEY ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CLASSES genius, as well as all the other classes. You'd have to be brain dead not to realize this.

As far as this "incredible grind for commendations"... I need to understand what you are basing this off of. The new Hazmat implants? Regular daily commendations? Columi tokens? Rakata Tokens? I had a half a bank FULL of gear I've won in operations that I didn't need. This is AFTER I geared ALL of my combat companions as well. I had to sell most of it off and/or ship mods through legacy gear to alts just to make room.

I am currently sitting on 551 daily commendations
I am currently sitting on well over 400 Columi comms (this is after buying tons of gear for my companions
I am currently sitting on multiple Rakata tokens
I am currently sitting on about 70 Black Hole commendations. This is only so low because I recently spent 280 Black Hole comms gearing out my Qyzen Fess tank companion.

Comms are extremely easy to come by through group finder, and the myriad of other ways to accumulate them. You are just too lazy, or simply don't play the game enough to make any significant progress. If I can do ALL that with a job, a wife, and 3 children I think you can too.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate