Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

kirorx
10.11.2012 , 07:14 PM | #21
The real kicker is that I cant use him for Flashpoints, OPs or warzones so I probally not use him.

I suppose when Makeb comes out i could use him then for a couple levels but then its back to the crafting menu
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Rafaman
10.11.2012 , 07:29 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Hopefully, one of his unique combat skills will be:

Kill_Ship_Droid_Companion

along with

Blow_The_Parts_Out_The_Airlock.

Well, I'm hoping for Jumper_High_Impact_Bolt ! So he can take pop shots at players that seemingly have ants in their pants... The fleet would be a whole new world. lol

JLazarillo
10.11.2012 , 07:32 PM | #23
I don't quite get why he has to be endgame stuff. I admit, I like the idea of seeing more non-raid content for my level capped characters to do. By the time I'm 50, what do I care about having another companion?

FINNT
10.11.2012 , 07:55 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.
If you use DPS companion you kill enemies faster and with healer companion "accidents" are much more unlikely, but it takes longer to kill enemies. I use both types.

If its pointless for you doesn't make it universal rule.
:laser:

Joesixxpack
10.11.2012 , 08:17 PM | #25

along with

^ This. I'd rather have an HK talking snarky smack to me when I come aboard than the default ship droid telling me that the toilet bowl now smells of Alderaanian nectar.

Perhaps he's pointless shiny fluff, but I still had KOTOR flashbacks and peed myself when i watched the HK-51 intro vid.

DarkSaberMaster
10.11.2012 , 08:20 PM | #27

along with

Completely agree.
Back for a little bit.....for now.

AshlaBoga
10.11.2012 , 08:30 PM | #28
DPS and Healers aren't useless - Stevoo soloed HM Malgus with a healer comp: try that with a dps or tank comp!
(No seriously if you can solo HM Malgus with a tank companion prior to the new level cap I'll eat my hat).

Now tank companions... those are useless. I had to have full Rakata on my Khem before he could tank HM BP and he ended up having the same mitigation as the 2 Columi Mara's that were with me (that's some baaaaaad tanking).
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

hages
10.11.2012 , 11:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by manchusabre View Post
Something to keep us subbed for one more month. If it wasn't Nar Shaddaa event, I would have unsubbed back then.
see ya then! we do not want people who are threatning to unsub all the time :-s
nothings as good as an cold cold beer...and swtor to play drunk

hages
10.11.2012 , 11:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
I don't quite get why he has to be endgame stuff. I admit, I like the idea of seeing more non-raid content for my level capped characters to do. By the time I'm 50, what do I care about having another companion?
For the fun! some more story and quests and nostalgy of kotor...
nothings as good as an cold cold beer...and swtor to play drunk