Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

World PvP

CthulhuRyleh's Avatar


CthulhuRyleh
10.11.2012 , 07:39 AM | #1
First of all I am not an avid pvper, it's a fun minigame for me but it's not the reason I play the game. Although I can recognize it's importance.
Now my main question right now is what is with world pvp? Specifically what I'm referencing is the planets. The first world a republic player goes to after finishing the prologue is Taris. Empire players don't make it to Taris until the end of their first chapter, so there is going to be a huge level difference which would make fair pvp impossible. As is it setup world pvp at low levels is only going to occur on Tatooine and Nar Shadaa as those are the only two places where the factions will be at the same level, early on anyway. I do not have a very high level character (a level 35 jedi and a level 34 bounty hunter) so I'm under the impression that there is a world for pvp. It just disappoints me that world pvp is being so neglected on so many planets.

Zyuuu's Avatar


Zyuuu
10.11.2012 , 10:01 AM | #2
I rolled on a pvp server and I was greatly disappointed to see the quests segregated by faction.

I lvl'd 3 toons to 50 and maybe ran across 10 ppl opposite faction. Total fail for a pvp server.

If BW had any brains they would have made the factions run into each other more often, in effect, making lvl'ing harder and longer which would help keep subs alive. Then again, one of tor's gimmicks to keep ppl playing is being altoholics by making lvl'ing easy mode.

Quinlynn's Avatar


Quinlynn
10.11.2012 , 10:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyuuu View Post
I rolled on a pvp server and I was greatly disappointed to see the quests segregated by faction.

I lvl'd 3 toons to 50 and maybe ran across 10 ppl opposite faction. Total fail for a pvp server.

If BW had any brains they would have made the factions run into each other more often, in effect, making lvl'ing harder and longer which would help keep subs alive. Then again, one of tor's gimmicks to keep ppl playing is being altoholics by making lvl'ing easy mode.
Well, I agree, however the reality is that many of the players on PVP servers get way too mad when they lose in open world PVP.

Fleet in itself is a misstake and play should be on the planets not a floating isolated space station.

Open World PVP is there if you look for it, and I do.

Zyuuu's Avatar


Zyuuu
10.11.2012 , 10:22 AM | #4
Quote:
Open World PVP is there is you look for it, and I do
I don't disagree, but we all know this game can't handle large scale world pvp either.

Quinlynn's Avatar


Quinlynn
10.11.2012 , 10:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyuuu View Post
I don't disagree, but we all know this game can't handle large scale world pvp either.
Yep, I am convinced more than ever that fleet exists because of the game engine.

Zyuuu's Avatar


Zyuuu
10.11.2012 , 10:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
Yep, I am convinced more than ever that fleet exists because of the game engine.
Lol, good one.