Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Traps fix

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball Traps fix

Capt_Beers
10.11.2012 , 12:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
yea because sorcs/sages are carrying the ball in huttball lol. i wish they would. would be a lot easier to take down the ball carrier if sorcs/sages were carrying it around and blowing their sprints on fires.
You're aware that the bubble can be cast on teammates, right?
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Advanced Prototype

PlagaNerezza
10.11.2012 , 12:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dplander View Post
So just a thought.

I am tired of seeing the Sage/Shadow and the Sorc classes Bubble and then sprint through the traps in Huttball without takeing any sort of damage. Here is a simple change that I feel will make the traps (both the acid pits and the fire) more of what they were ment to be (a choke point).

Change the way the damage is done. Say a big initial ammount (like 30-40% of your max HP) and then say a small DoT (2-5% of your max HP). Make this damage ignore shields and I think you will have more of an even fight on the traps. Even running through a fire trap, not in combat (did this to see how much damage I would take), I took almost 65% of my max HP in about 3-4 seconds. but yet is a shield and a sprint is used there is no damage taken (again tried and it worked).

Just a thought, so Flame on, andyes I do have a Sage toon so i do know how to use this to my advantage.
Yeah, um huttball is fine. My only problem with any of the maps relates to the stun range reductions, as the developers clearly think universal changes to stuns doesn't impact things like huttball, where a 30 stun range was a good method to stop someone from crossing a trap. Now its much easier to score. Another unintended consquences of stupid design changes.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄