Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Traps fix

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball Traps fix

Dplander
10.11.2012 , 01:42 AM | #1
So just a thought.

I am tired of seeing the Sage/Shadow and the Sorc classes Bubble and then sprint through the traps in Huttball without takeing any sort of damage. Here is a simple change that I feel will make the traps (both the acid pits and the fire) more of what they were ment to be (a choke point).

Change the way the damage is done. Say a big initial ammount (like 30-40% of your max HP) and then say a small DoT (2-5% of your max HP). Make this damage ignore shields and I think you will have more of an even fight on the traps. Even running through a fire trap, not in combat (did this to see how much damage I would take), I took almost 65% of my max HP in about 3-4 seconds. but yet is a shield and a sprint is used there is no damage taken (again tried and it worked).

Just a thought, so Flame on, andyes I do have a Sage toon so i do know how to use this to my advantage.

Thexremstar
10.11.2012 , 02:02 AM | #2
yeh lol its a bit rude that Bio ware let this go on considering the nerfs they did 1.2 to stop healers like myself geting the ball and running straight thru the acid fire and wat ever healing thru it all only to see that all the buffed classes doing exactly the same thing. Hutt ball is in my opinion just a bad map for 1/2 the class types in SWToR. it is my least favourite map in our game and only been made worse since 1.2 nerfs but any ways enjoy the other 3 maps they are insanely fun

DrewFromPhilly
10.11.2012 , 02:10 AM | #3
You remember that scene in True Lies when the harriers blow up the trucks on the highway and all of that....and then the limousine with Jamie Lee Curtis in it just drives right through the fire from the trucks and then comes out the other side mostly unscathed? Yeah.

Also, you can always stun them when they're in the middle of it.

OpeningToEndgame
10.11.2012 , 05:20 AM | #4
I don't care so much as being able to run through it. I hate being pulled and THEN stunned without being able to break out of it and I instantly die.

Capt_Beers
10.11.2012 , 08:45 AM | #5
I know right. We should make every class handle everything the same. That way I don't have to think about how to handle the situation, I can just spam my attacks and not worry about it.

Situational awareness is for the birds.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Technohic
10.11.2012 , 08:50 AM | #6
Sometimes I think people would have us simply do death matches with a pure DPS vs Defense vs heal as the only factor. Utilities do make things frustrating at times, but interesting as well. Otherwise, maybe we can all just stand in one spot, face each other and just press our hot keys and see who kills the other first without moving or being able to do anything to affect the other player.

Warem
10.11.2012 , 11:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I know right. We should make every class handle everything the same. That way I don't have to think about how to handle the situation, I can just spam my attacks and not worry about it.

Situational awareness is for the birds.
^This.

Those bubble sorcs have many other disadvantages in huttball and in other pvp matches. This is one of their few strengths. Also, the bubble is a mere 3000 hps give or take, no different from popping a health buff on a mara or something else. Just because the health bar didn't move doesn't mean the player didn't take "any damage"

I guess guardian leaping and the other leaping past traps should be disabled too. Oh and using hooks and force pull past traps. Oh and any sprint ability. Oh and roots. And slows. and knockbacks. And armor. And defensive cooldowns mitigating trap damage.

Or maybe we don't have to change anything and people can just L2P. Still, I wouldn't mind a different huttball map for extra variety, one that favors ranged classes kiting and provides less advantage to leaping

Kyuuu
10.11.2012 , 11:06 AM | #8
It is supposed to do % damage based on your HP, but it dont do that another one of those changed like Expertise only effecting defense, that never made it in

Hairyzac
10.11.2012 , 11:11 AM | #9
yea because sorcs/sages are carrying the ball in huttball lol. i wish they would. would be a lot easier to take down the ball carrier if sorcs/sages were carrying it around and blowing their sprints on fires.

Capt_Beers
10.11.2012 , 12:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuuu View Post
It is supposed to do % damage based on your HP, but it dont do that another one of those changed like Expertise only effecting defense, that never made it in
It absolutely is a percentage of your HP. It doesn't hit my Vanguard nearly as hard as my Commando but I'm still dead in the same amount of time/ticks.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics