Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Character identities


Canino's Avatar


Canino
10.12.2012 , 05:00 PM | #11
Couldn't the smuggler also be Butcher's bane?
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Temeluchus's Avatar


Temeluchus
10.12.2012 , 06:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
There are a ton of class-specific titles, and other "titles" that you dont' get on your character sheet but that NPCs will address you by.

Most classes get a title at the end of each act. All classes get at least one sort of title by the end of their starting planet.

Sith Inquisitors get "Acolyte," Lord," and a custom Darth title based on alignment: Nox, Tyrannus, or Oculus.


Actually, it's Nox, Occulus or Imperius; not Tyrannus(that's Dooku's Sith name)
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.”

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
10.13.2012 , 06:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Since Imperial stories are thought to be canonically DS, Nox does fit for the SI.
And there is no actual evidence that it is canon, it is just the assumption that some people make. Just call him Dark Council Member of Ancient Knowledge. Or Lord Kallig works also I suppose although it isn't the height of his power.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Temeluchus's Avatar


Temeluchus
10.13.2012 , 08:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
And there is no actual evidence that it is canon, it is just the assumption that some people make. Just call him Dark Council Member of Ancient Knowledge. Or Lord Kallig works also I suppose although it isn't the height of his power.
Dark Council Member of Ancient Knowledge is bloody well too long and Lord Kallig could cause confusion between the original and SI, referring to him as Nox seems to be the easier thing and is the accepted term on these forums as well as others like Darthhater and Wookieepedia.

While it's true that DS stories for the Sith being canon is just an assumption and not a fact as of yet, at the very least the SI story being canonically DS makes the most sense.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.”

SamuelAU's Avatar


SamuelAU
10.13.2012 , 08:45 AM | #15
Be aware of spoilers.

Just to clarify, the consular's 'title' is Barsen'thor. I don't much like it to be honest, but it's unique in the Jedi Order, right?

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
10.14.2012 , 05:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post


Sith Inquisitors get "Acolyte," Lord," and a custom Darth title based on alignment: Nox, Tyrannus, or Oculus.

.
Great guide, but the sith inquisitors darth titles are Nox, Imperius and Oculus. Tyrannus was Count Dooku
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
10.14.2012 , 06:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Dark Council Member of Ancient Knowledge is bloody well too long and Lord Kallig could cause confusion between the original and SI, referring to him as Nox seems to be the easier thing and is the accepted term on these forums as well as others like Darthhater and Wookieepedia.

While it's true that DS stories for the Sith being canon is just an assumption and not a fact as of yet, at the very least the SI story being canonically DS makes the most sense.
Might be long, but it is easier to type than Barsen'thor and is more accurate than Darth Nox. And everytime I see someone use the term Darth Nox, the one thing you can be sure will happen is someone else bringing up that the DS isn't canon. So I wouldn't say it is universally accepted.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

happysister's Avatar


happysister
10.14.2012 , 04:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuelAU View Post
Be aware of spoilers.

Just to clarify, the consular's 'title' is Barsen'thor. I don't much like it to be honest, but it's unique in the Jedi Order, right?
seeing how your consular is the "only living Barsen'thor", i would imagine so.
.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
10.15.2012 , 10:24 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
seeing how your consular is the "only living Barsen'thor", i would imagine so.
Barsen'thor is a title like any other. E.g. Knight, Master. You are the only one but their where 3 others before you so not entirely unique.

My list would be this:

Sith Inquisitor: Darth Nox/Occulus/Imperius
Sith Warrior: Emperor's Wrath
Imperial Agent: Cipher Nine
Bounty Hunter: Grand Champion of the Great Hunt

Jedi Knight: Hero of Tython
Jedi Consular: Scorekeeper's Herald
Smuggler: Ace (Voidhound)
Trooper: Havoc Squad Commander

Unsure about the Smuggler and Trooper - anyone know why he is called 'Ace', I just picked that up. And the trooper doesn't really have a title unique to him, unless anyone can think of one.

Ekas's Avatar


Ekas
10.15.2012 , 01:43 PM | #20
Beniboybling: "Ace" is the callsign given to the smuggler for space combat. Every class gets one of these, for instance, the Knight gets "Shield", I believe. I don't think it's used at all after it is given, though.