Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character identities

GARhenus
10.10.2012 , 11:02 PM | #1
I've heard each playable character has his/her "official" title, can you help me complete/confirm this list?

Republic Side
Jedi Knight : Hero of Tython
Jedi Consular: Scorekeeper's Herald(?)/Barsen'thor
Republic Trooper: ???
Smuggler: ???

Imperial Side
Sith Warrior: Emperor's Wrath
Sith Inquisitor: Kallig(?)/Darth Nox
Imperial Agent: Cipher Nine
Bounty Hunter: Grand Champion of the Great Hunt (?)

Chaloss
10.11.2012 , 01:46 AM | #2
You can delete Darth Nox from SI as you only get that if you Dark Side. Neutral and LS get different Darth titles.
Forcewalker is an option and if there is special term for member of Dark Council.

Setsugetsuka
10.11.2012 , 02:22 AM | #3
No other class can get Darth Nox, so I suggest that it'd fit, but you'd have to list the other two titles as well.

happysister
10.11.2012 , 03:31 PM | #4
smuggler's is definitely Captain. cause...that's what everyone calls you.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

bright_ephemera
10.11.2012 , 04:08 PM | #5
There are a ton of class-specific titles, and other "titles" that you dont' get on your character sheet but that NPCs will address you by.

Most classes get a title at the end of each act. All classes get at least one sort of title by the end of their starting planet.

Hence, Jedi Knight by the end of Act 3 is guaranteed to have "Padawan," "Jedi," "Master" (used to be DS would get "General" instead but I think they changed that), "the Hero of Tython," and a few others. (EDIT: Negranit points out that the Knight gets 'Knight of the Republic,' not 'Jedi.')

Jedi Consular get "Padawan," "Jedi," "Master," "Barsen'thor," and I know Qyzen Fess will always call them Herald.

Troopers get "Sergeant," "Lieutenant," "Captain," and "Major." I just finished a Trooper and never got an end-of-Act-3 title, strangely.

Smugglers get "Captain," "the Outlaw," "Republic Privateer," and a few others.

Sith Warriors get "Acolyte", "Lord," "Darth," and are addressed as the Emperor's Wrath.

Sith Inquisitors get "Acolyte," Lord," and a custom Darth title based on alignment: Nox, Tyrannus, or Oculus. (EDIT: Imperius, not Tyrannus. Nox, Imperius, or Oculus. Serves me right for trying to recall 'one of those dictator words' without looking it up.)

Agents get "Agent," "Cipher Agent," "Double Agent," "Master Conspirator," and a few others.

Bounty Hunters get "Hired Gun" very early and then "Grand Champion of the Great Hunt" for Act 1; I don't really know what else they get.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

GhostDrone
10.11.2012 , 06:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
There are a ton of class-specific titles, and other "titles" that you dont' get on your character sheet but that NPCs will address you by.

Most classes get a title at the end of each act. All classes get at least one sort of title by the end of their starting planet.

Hence, Jedi Knight by the end of Act 3 is guaranteed to have "Padawan," "Jedi," "Master" (used to be DS would get "General" instead but I think they changed that), "the Hero of Tython," and a few others.

Jedi Consular get "Padawan," "Jedi," "Master," "Barsen'thor," and I know Qyzen Fess will always call them Herald.

Troopers get "Sergeant," "Lieutenant," "Captain," and "Major." I just finished a Trooper and never got an end-of-Act-3 title, strangely.

Smugglers get "Captain," "the Outlaw," "Republic Privateer," and a few others.

Sith Warriors get "Acolyte", "Lord," "Darth," and are addressed as the Emperor's Wrath.

Sith Inquisitors get "Acolyte," Lord," and a custom Darth title based on alignment: Nox, Tyrannus, or Oculus.

Agents get "Agent," "Cipher Agent," "Double Agent," "Master Conspirator," and a few others.

Bounty Hunters get "Hired Gun" very early and then "Grand Champion of the Great Hunt" for Act 1; I don't really know what else they get.
The other titles for BH would be Homewrecker and Republic's Most Wanted.

Won't say how you get them due to spoilers.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

BlznSmri
10.11.2012 , 07:07 PM | #7
Officially I believe they are
Knight - Hero of Tython
Consular - Scorekeeper's Herald
Trooper - Unnamed Havoc Squad Commander
Smuggler - Ace

Warrior - Emperor's Wrath
Inquisitor - Nox
Bounty Hunter - Champion of the Great Hunt
Agent - Cipher Nine
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

Revan-the-knight
10.12.2012 , 03:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
Knight - Hero of Tython
Smuggler - Ace

Inquisitor - Nox
Agent - Cipher Nine
The Smuggler is the "boss of bosses" or the "Voidhound"
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

Temeluchus
10.12.2012 , 03:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
You can delete Darth Nox from SI as you only get that if you Dark Side. Neutral and LS get different Darth titles.
Forcewalker is an option and if there is special term for member of Dark Council.
Since Imperial stories are thought to be canonically DS, Nox does fit for the SI.

Quote:
Knight - Hero of Tython
Smuggler - Ace

Inquisitor - Nox
Agent - Cipher Nine
Official title for JC would be Barsen'thor, Trooper would be the top rank of Major of Havoc Squad, Smuggler is either Captain or Voidhound and just to nitpick, BH is Grand Champion of the Great Hunt.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Negranit
10.12.2012 , 04:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post

Hence, Jedi Knight by the end of Act 3 is guaranteed to have "Padawan," "Jedi," "Master" (used to be DS would get "General" instead but I think they changed that), "the Hero of Tython," and a few others.
JK don't get the 'Jedi' title. Instead they get 'Knight of the Republic'.