Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please give us an easy mode for Class Quests

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Please give us an easy mode for Class Quests

errant_knight
10.09.2012 , 03:50 PM | #11
If there's a problem with class quests it almost always means that either you're way under levelled or your (or your companion's) gear is appalling. Actually, most of the class quests can be completed then, too, with a little more dying. Th e big thing is using the tools you're given. If you aren't paying attention to something important (ie target casting bar during a particular fight where interrupts are imperative), you'll die.

Ohamsie
10.09.2012 , 05:07 PM | #12
If you are having a lot of trouble you can ask in general chat for someone to come help you. I've helped out a couple of people, it was kind of fun for me to see small snippets of their story.
[THE EBON HAWK] The Groundflyer Legacy
Jedi Sentinel Oham | Sith Sorceror Catalon | Scoundrel Gartrick

Uluain
10.09.2012 , 05:14 PM | #13
Class quest finales are like a final exam in learning what your class can do. You need to know your abilities, your stanced if you have them, your companions etc. I often die on the first try. The second try you generally have the advantage of initiating the fight with a powerful attack, instead of being dumped straight into combat by the conclusion of the cutscene. You can bring in outside help, or you can evaluate your approach and try again. I recommend the latter - it is the better way to learn.

Ardim
10.09.2012 , 07:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Class quest finales are like a final exam in learning what your class can do. You need to know your abilities, your stanced if you have them, your companions etc. I often die on the first try. The second try you generally have the advantage of initiating the fight with a powerful attack, instead of being dumped straight into combat by the conclusion of the cutscene. You can bring in outside help, or you can evaluate your approach and try again. I recommend the latter - it is the better way to learn.
Completely agree with this

The fight with the Sith Warrior's final boss, for example, taught me how to DPS quickly and learn how to interrupt.
Through Passion, We gain Strength!
Darth Chroan The Empire's Wrath
Vengeance for Marr and the Empire!

losdia
10.09.2012 , 09:57 PM | #15
I tend to agree that it is very hard to mess up during class quests. Honestly, the only one I ever had trouble with was the final boss fight on Tatooine as a SW. The room that fight takes place in is so cramped there is no room to properly use knockback abilities to buy time to heal. Having said that, it would be kind of neat if they added a "story mode" where boos fights difficulties could be lowered to the point where you could basically skip them. A no drop penalty and nerfed quest loot for taking the option would probably keep it for creating too many balance problems. I'm just saying, they include an option to blow off tedious dialogue, an option to skip boring fights would be nice too.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

Karzgan
10.09.2012 , 10:07 PM | #16
and also make sure u gear is good and at your level also.i lost count how many sith juggs i seen that was higher then my lv38 and i had more hitpoints then them so in a nutshell have good gear use u skills,right companion
and a tip to help you out buy some orange gear from a social vendor n upgrade the mods it uses each time you level and that will help you alot

TalkingDinosaur
10.09.2012 , 10:48 PM | #17
Lrn2play?
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

errant_knight
10.10.2012 , 01:18 AM | #18
There's always one douche....

AshlaBoga
10.10.2012 , 12:42 PM | #19
There's been so much useful stuff (aside from the 1 person who posted L2P - hopefully they edit that comment) that I don't have anything to say other than the class missions are tough at first if you've never played an mmo before. By the time you finish Act 1 you'll wonder how you ever found them challenging at all
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Sentinel-Jordal
10.10.2012 , 01:13 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by bpphantom View Post
I had some issues with my last couple of fights during my Assassin story. Took a break, looked at them a different way, or swapped out companions, or tossed a foe off the geometry to instadeath, and it went much smoother.

I'm currently worried because I was reading something that made it seem like my knight will have to take T7 into my final missions. I've done nothing with T7 previously. I tank and Kira kills. *shrug* I'll see when I get there.
As a lvl 50 jedi sentinel I can confirm that you have to bring T7 with you in the last battle of the Jedi Knight story. But you can relax because in the first room in the last building you enter in JK story there is a puzzle called Doomsday puzzle, once solved it drops good lvl 50 gear for T7 Actually the last battle in JK story is super easy. I had read so many threads about how difficult it was that I dressed up in full Columi gear before the last battle. After.some seconds of smash smash.smash with my Jedi.Sentinel the last boss was dead. I was just standing there and thinking what that.wasn't hard! BW I demand a new and harder challenge! So yeah don't worry about the last battle in JK story
Jadele, Battlemaster, jedi sentinel lvl 65
Andrliel, The hidden jedi, jedi shadow lvl 65
Sazill, Master of Lightning, sith sorcerer lv 65
Sidiani, The Destroyer, sith warrior lv 65