Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please give us an easy mode for Class Quests

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Please give us an easy mode for Class Quests

MCaliban
10.09.2012 , 01:15 AM | #1
I agree.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

chuixupu
10.09.2012 , 01:35 AM | #2
They are easy......
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

MelodicSixNine
10.09.2012 , 01:40 AM | #3
You can invite a friend to your instance. He can even be higher level or in HM equipment. Abuse that. That's your easy mode.
If you don't have friends to help you out... Change tactics if you have problems with such easy fights. You're doing something wrong. Use stims, upgrade your gear, choose the right companion, use CC.

sockrocker
10.09.2012 , 08:02 AM | #4
All class quests are beatable, it's just a matter of finding the right tactics (example: interrupting certain abilities, etc).
As previously stated if you want to easy-mode it, simply ask a friend, guildie or stranger to assist you.
"I haven't felt this alive since Tatooine; the first time!"

psandak
10.09.2012 , 08:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
You can invite a friend to your instance. He can even be higher level or in HM equipment. Abuse that. That's your easy mode.
If you don't have friends to help you out... Change tactics if you have problems with such easy fights. You're doing something wrong. Use stims, upgrade your gear, choose the right companion, use CC.
This

If you do not interrupt abilities and you die then you have to interrupt abilities. if you try to take out mobs in a particular order and you die, you probably need to change order. If you can CC even for a short period, take advantage of that. If you have stims and medpacs use them, if you have offensive and/or defensive cooldown abilities use them. Sometimes it will take everything you have and then some to take down a boss in your class quest.

boss mobs that are level appropriate are intended to be challenging. You cannot just rush in and ROFLstomp them. If you do all of the above and you are still having trouble, google the NPC's name, I guarantee someone has had similar trouble in the past and has commented on how to beat it.

BJWyler
10.09.2012 , 08:39 AM | #6
^^
Well said. I am all for having options and different settings in games, but in this case, an Easy Mode is not really necessary. Outside of the specified group necessary content, the game is designed to be soloable (with a companion). You will find instances where you indeed might needs to change tactics, companions, or gear/buffs, in order to succeed, but it can be done.

I usually play games in a manner where I am overleveled for the current content, but can still gain maximum benefit (i.e. for SWTOR, being no more than 5 levels above mobs and 6 levels for the current missions/quests). That can help you out as well - it's pretty easy to gain levels in this game with the rested bonus and space combat. Finally, as mentioned several times - if you are still having difficulty, ask for some help, there are plenty of players in this game who are willing to jump in and assist others when called upon.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

rob_y
10.09.2012 , 09:06 AM | #7
And kite melee bosses! Some of the melee bosses become ridiculously easy when you realize you can just keep them slowed and run them around the room.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Darth_Vicente
10.09.2012 , 09:27 AM | #8
The only time I ever had trouble with class missions was when I was under-leveled because I was focused on completing the story over the side quests.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

bpphantom
10.09.2012 , 01:22 PM | #9
I had some issues with my last couple of fights during my Assassin story. Took a break, looked at them a different way, or swapped out companions, or tossed a foe off the geometry to instadeath, and it went much smoother.

I'm currently worried because I was reading something that made it seem like my knight will have to take T7 into my final missions. I've done nothing with T7 previously. I tank and Kira kills. *shrug* I'll see when I get there.
@bpphantom - The Forgotten Legacy
"Life's like a horse wearing a suit and smoking a cigar: hard to explain." - Scary Go Round
"Your childhood memories totally wanted it. Look how they were dressed." - S*P

DarthBandeth
10.09.2012 , 01:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vicente View Post
The only time I ever had trouble with class missions was when I was under-leveled because I was focused on completing the story over the side quests.
This.

Use your heroic moment ability, it makes every class story fight a joke.
"No amount of action or explosions is as interesting as a good story." ~ Christian bale

Stole this CE key off of a dead fan.