Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So much CC in pvp

Boyana
10.09.2012 , 11:19 AM | #21
As a Sorc healer, nothing has changed. Dying without being able to cast a single heal was, always, so much fun. The person who was affected the most is my tank, 'cos he can't press the guard to guard me when I come out of spawn area. Bahaha! I just made myself laugh .

TUXs
10.09.2012 , 11:40 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Warlord_Maliken View Post
YES its atrocious. There needs to be a new pvp scoreboard statistic called "TOTAL SECONDS/MINUTES CC'ED". When you put your mouse over it, it tells you "You were CC'ed for --% of the match." It would be my favorite stat for sure and I think we'd all be amused , lets face it lol.

This could keep us entertained until the company hires people that PvP every once in a blue moon.
I completely support this idea!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

DarthOvertone
10.09.2012 , 01:05 PM | #23
My Sniper and Vanguard don't mind the CC so much. My Shadow, Marauder and Scoundrel hate it.
Alphabolt - Alphanoob - Alphawood - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

WaywardOne
10.09.2012 , 10:16 PM | #24
<< You don't get stunned in SWTOR more than you do in other games. Resolve -- contrary to the abysmal misconception coming from the hordes of terribads --- makes sure of this. As a matter of fact, other games which feature DR frequently puts you under the influence of much longer and much potent CCs. >>

Compared to every other game I've played so far, the CC in this one is by far the worst. Stunlocked to death? It happens in 2v1 scenarios all of the time (or 2v2 where 1 gets stunned/focused while the other is mezzed/ignored).

I'm sure you can find examples of specific classes or abilities that do crazy things, like ice mages in Wow, but the thing with SWTOR is that almost every class has what would considered in other games a crazy amount of cc and with very short cooldowns. There's only one or two classes/specs that can do aoe knockbacks in Wow and they got a lot of audible eye rolling when I played that game; the consensus amongst most players that I know of was that Blizz shouldn't have added that ability at all, at least not in pvp. Here it's everywhere...

My solution for this game would be a bit drastic: make all aoe mezzes pve only. Make force choke/stasis/whirlwind pve only. Make resolve fill after 1 stun. Then the game would be interesting and people would have to be more careful/"tactical" about how they used their cc.

Solarenergy
10.09.2012 , 10:55 PM | #25
Tell me about it. Today I had a pretty bad day in PVP. I played six warzones with my sniper and though we won three of them, all but one of the warzones was hell for me. And those stealthers using all that CC on me was definitely the worst part. They really broke the resolve system completely in this game with the new changes. Now you can pretty much spend half a match cc'd, especially if the enemy team is heavy with the stealth.

denpic
10.09.2012 , 11:24 PM | #26
cc in this game is fine everyone has some form of cc and a cc breaker
If you can't learn to use them properly too bad and continue to be stunlocked to death
All these complaints and nobody ever mentions how they counter it
It's just I got stunlocked to death wah wah I have never been stunlocked to death in a situation where I would not have died anyway and I find the whole topic to be a l2p issue

DarthRaika
10.09.2012 , 11:48 PM | #27
main thing imo is there needs to be a short immunity after trinket (except for huttball leave it as is).

DarthSabreth
10.10.2012 , 12:35 AM | #28
I agree the PVCC is absolutly horrible. i saw someone post about rewards for how many times someone was stunned. I would like to suggest some reward tittles.

1 stun = tickled
2 stunns = punched
3 stunns = kicked
4 stuns explitive deleted

you get extra comms on 4 + stuns in a row. that way there it makes getting stunned a little more rewarding.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

DarthKraxos
10.10.2012 , 01:18 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Just wait until more Shadows spec Infiltration due to the 1.4 buffs.

Mind Maze
Force Lift
Force Stun
Spinning Kick
Low Slash

... what great fun.
As a Mar running in pvp when my resolve bar is full force lift can still cc me, I thought i was supposed to be immune to cc when my bar is full. >_<

Mournblood
10.10.2012 , 01:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
System wise, how SWTOR handles its CC and immunity time is not really different from other games -- or rather, as a matter of fact, its actually more benign than some other popular games.
What other popular games? Since you failed to provide any specific examples, I've prepared a multiple choice question for you. No need to thank me.

A. RIFT. I've been playing on a PvP server there since it was released, and not only is their PvP better overall, but CC is also handled far better than it is here.
B. WoW. Maybe in its earlier days of PvP when things like Warlock Fear for example didn't break on damage, but certainly not now. CC in that game when I quit playing almost 2 years ago was handled much better than here, and there were multiple ways of breaking it.
C. Warhammer. In this case, you'd be right. The CC in that game was definitely worse than it is here, but that game is also effectively dead. They have one server still running I think?
D. You either have no idea what you're talking about, or you're just making stuff up.

(Just to give you the benefit of the doubt here, I'm going with choice C.)

You don't get stunned in SWTOR more than you do in other games. Resolve -- contrary to the abysmal misconception coming from the hordes of terribads --- makes sure of this. As a matter of fact, other games which feature DR frequently puts you under the influence of much longer and much potent CCs.
Wrong. And again, what games are you referring to? Excluding GW2 since it just recently came out and I haven't played it, the only game I know of that had worse CC than this one was Warhammer. How'd that work out for them?

Because the topic is essentially another one of those CC whines which confuse L2P issues with system issues.
I saved this one for last because it gets tossed around like a bad joke at a company party, and deserves proper scrutiny. This is your opinion, and a rather arrogant and unenlightened one at that. Implying that the only players who complain about the poorly designed CC system in this game are those that lack sufficient knowledge of game mechanics or are those who suffer from some sort of skill deficiency does not make the complaint any less valid. Even if the CC system isn't nearly as bad in reality as most players seem to think it is, the perception is that you spend too much time CC'd in PvP. Perception holds just as much weight as reality. Why do you think fraternization is against regulations in the US military? It's because the appearance of favoritism, even if none is actually received, is just as detrimental as actual favoritism. The same concept applies to "use of force" laws in most state statutes. If you believe yourself to be in danger of imminent, great bodily harm or death, whether that threat is real or perceived, you have the right to use a commensurate level of force to protect yourself. Bringing this back into gaming terms, if players aren't having fun because they have the perception of getting CC'd too much, and a lot of players are having similar experiences, then it no longer matters whether they actually are getting CC'd too much because the fact remains that the majority of them are not having fun.

And if you're having trouble following along, then let me break it down another way for you. Players not having fun = loss of subscriptions = dead MMO. The Resolve system in this game needs to be redesigned. Period. What they did in 1.4 was make it so that experienced, coordinated teams of players can now more effectively stunlock other players. That doesn't help the everyday, casual player who's paying the same $15 to get CC'd any less. His only CC breaker is still on a 2 minute CD, but he can easily spend 25% of those two minutes CC'd. or respawning because TTK is too low now and he was killed during that stunlock. Or, the other option is this game will end up the same way Warhammer did. At which point, would your opinion matter if there's no one left to play with or no more game to play?