Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So much CC in pvp

vojinsa
10.09.2012 , 06:21 AM | #11
the previous poster included.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

cycao
10.09.2012 , 06:30 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by vojinsa View Post
the previous poster included.
That one almost broke the skin.

OpeningToEndgame
10.09.2012 , 07:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
It is working as intended. In 1.5 CC will play an even more important role. In ties, such as voidstar or huttball, the decider will be which team cc-ed more. BioWare also wants to implement medals for the guys who cc the most during a warzone.

Please tell me you're joking? That would center PvP around cc and make it worse than it is now. As a Sorcerer, non-healer, I can't hardly keep a melee class away from me. It's unbalanced. I slap Force Slow, CT, Jolt and most of them just keep walking right to me and control me. If they're really planning to do this, then they need to fix the ccs and stuns first.

Soljin
10.09.2012 , 08:59 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Just wait until more Shadows spec Infiltration due to the 1.4 buffs.

Mind Maze
Force Lift
Force Stun
Spinning Kick
Low Slash

... what great fun.
Just teams of Shadows in the Lowbie brackets right now...Your like "Where is the other team?" 4 Shadows pop...everyone is on their face or CC'd then dead...they take the node with almost no resistance....I LOL and try and find a Red that isnt cloaked......Then get knocked on my face as 3 decloak and kill me before I can ever attack....Pretty funny stuff. 50 WZ's in about a Month will Be all Stealth classes stunning the every livin g heck out of everyone...Shoulod be utter Joy as everyone stands frozen...Moves 2m then reCC'd....Pop breaker CC target...DOH! CC'd again....Vanish, Knock someone on their face STAB...Doh! CC'd again........
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!

RogueNights
10.09.2012 , 09:09 AM | #15
So i just got my operative to 50 a little bit ago, and will say i finally understand these threads. (50 on assassin isnt bad b/c you have so many tools to counter cc, and lowbie isnt as bad in general) For classes w/ no counters and less mobility its bad.. W/ that said though, i think maybe 25% less would be good, a moderate amount... I actually find games like guild wars where there is very little cc incredibly annoying because it can feel like you are perpetually chasing people down.
Yanny - Assassin LVL 50 - Drooga's Pleasure Barge, Veebo Lunx

SpaniardInfinity
10.09.2012 , 09:47 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Warlord_Maliken View Post
YES its atrocious. There needs to be a new pvp scoreboard statistic called "TOTAL SECONDS/MINUTES CC'ED". When you put your mouse over it, it tells you "You were CC'ed for --% of the match." It would be my favorite stat for sure and I think we'd all be amused , lets face it lol..
Call the medal Spectator. Although I'm sure for some of you, you would realize the time you're stunned isn't as high you think :P
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

LenrocNewDawn
10.09.2012 , 10:32 AM | #17

Mind Maze
Force Lift
Force Stun
Spinning Kick
Low Slash

... what great fun.
And the KB , true. Now, since it sounds apocalyptic, let's take a closer look at those. Mind Maze, Force Lift, Low Slash are mezzes. Mind Maze can only be used from stealth and only against a target that's not in combat, Force Lift takes 2 seconds to cast both fill 800 resolve. Low Slash has a mezz attached but it's an attack that needs to hit for the mezz to apply but all in all is a good ability that allows a shadow strike set-up (remove the "hit from behind" prerequisite on that, like the rail shot, and nobody will miss low slash). Fills 400 resolve. Spinning kick only usable from stealth for Infil Shadows, good solid 2 sec knock down (400 resolve). Force stun is your common all classes stun , fills 800 resolve. "Farce" Wave is a defensive knock back also standard for many classes (400 resolve). So, when you are fighting a shadow you only have to fear Force Stun and the Low Slash. Spinning kick is very situational and it should be used only to interrupt a cast because if you used it as an opener you gain nothing since the 1.5s GCD will almost cover the knock down duration but your target gains 400 resolve. Mazes are cool to delay and wait for reinforcements but not that much in combat value.
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

Kyuuu
10.09.2012 , 10:58 AM | #18
There needs to be more STUNS AND CC in WZ its the BEST idea Bioware ever made!!!! *end of sarcasm*

Who ever thought it would good idea to have these many stuns and CC in WZ would make pvp fun needs to be shot.

Stuns and CC are completely out of control at this point, things need to change.

1 stun and CC/Root per class and those cd's should be tied to grenade cd's. I honestly think 1.4 made the problem worse not better. Nothing more FUN! then being stuned,then rooted, use resolve, then get stun, rooted again constantly

Apaolo
10.09.2012 , 11:09 AM | #19

Mind Maze
Force Lift
Force Stun
Spinning Kick
Low Slash

... what great fun.
Add the knockback and a seismic grenade and we're all set!

tehrealdealz
10.09.2012 , 11:18 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
It is working as intended. In 1.5 CC will play an even more important role. In ties, such as voidstar or huttball, the decider will be which team cc-ed more. BioWare also wants to implement medals for the guys who cc the most during a warzone.
oh yay for this! Might as well start awarding medals for most time cc'd while their at it.
Typical reaction to end game content from fresh level 50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRx49-leiRE
Quote of the Month: "A wise man once said don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history sort it out." -- Random swtor pugger still wearing greens at 50.