Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW Please remove the gear turn-in requirement (EWH)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW Please remove the gear turn-in requirement (EWH)

poosticks
11.20.2012 , 09:09 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Creating an exceptionally long gear grind to min/max is their idea of "end game content".

I honestly think it's intentional.
That actually is the intention. Along with this terrible idea you are also faced with the ridiculous costs associated with removing mods. Working to earn commendations to get gear i am fine with, having to trade the like item from the previous tier as well is poor design with little or no thought behind it as it restricts what you can purchase. In most cases the 'upgrade' you are gaining is anything but because it is so poorly modded, you end up having to grind yet more commendations to gain another item with the mods you actually want and then have to pay to remove them. Who thought this would be fun and rewarding? What a moron.

jgoldsack
11.20.2012 , 09:12 AM | #22
I do agree with the constant changing of stats on the same gear sets as the tiers go up is totally stupid. It makes no sense. It would be much easier to develop to simply make the next set of gear simply a 5%-10% upgrade over the previous tier, same stats, and be done with it.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

LeonHawkeye
11.20.2012 , 09:38 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BeatdownPatrol View Post
This is the single most irritating aspect of gear in this game for both PvP and PvE. To be frank, I firmly believe that it is being done intentionally by whoever is doing their gear optimization as a means to keep everything as confusing and convoluted as possible. This is a no-brainer easy fix and there is NO excuse for it to still be this way almost a year after this game has released.

Get a clue, Bioware/EA. Changing stats on individual gear items every time you move to a new gear level is stupid and an unnecessary time waster for players. It isn't fun and it makes you look look either completely inept or completely masochistic.
Well said. Couldn't agree more. I understand there needs to be some kind of process in which to earn a reward but clearly this is not the way to do it. It feels awkward, frustrating and does not feel in anyway shape or form like a reward, plain and simply annoying and out of place. Armorings being tied to a certain slot would be the next on my list, again I understand the need for a process to earn rewards but this again is not the way to do it. Buying 1 Armor piece(For example WH Boots) several times over (5-7 pieces for some classes) just to remove 1 measly Enhancement to optimize gear is preposterous. Find a different way to engage your players in a rewarding and sensible grind, I'll admit the current system is better than the Champion bag system we previously had, which was nothing short of terrible but it still feels awkward.

vimm
11.20.2012 , 10:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Creating an exceptionally long gear grind to min/max is their idea of "end game content".

I honestly think it's intentional.
Is it really that long?
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Briljin
11.20.2012 , 11:11 AM | #25
They just need to modify the turn in requirement. So for example any light armor can be turned in for another other piece of light armor that fits the same slot. Better yet, do away with the armor shells and sell the rest instead. This way you can mix and match as you desire and just have to provide your own armor shell. Then when you want to upgrade you exchange the individual parts.

LarryRow
11.20.2012 , 11:22 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Briljin View Post
Better yet, do away with the armor shells and sell the rest instead. This way you can mix and match as you desire and just have to provide your own armor shell.
This is what the community, esp. top players, really wants, which is why Bioware will never give it to us.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.