Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

fun names you picked out for your character.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
fun names you picked out for your character.

saiyanjedidmv
10.05.2012 , 01:06 PM | #1
the title says it all state the name you made for your character(s), why you picked it, and where you got the idea from! also please give your opinions on others characters name if you wish but be polite, please.
I shall go first:
-canderordo: he is named after canderous ordo and as such he is a trooper(vanguard) unlike canderous however he is of neutral alignment. originally his name was going to be jangordo but it was invalid.

-blasilver: simply a combination of blade and silver.

-tyranitiger: named because tyanrus is a cool sounding name(even though I edited a little) and I like tigers.

-zeninja: a combination of zen and ninja I thought it would be an appropriate name for a jedi shadow (light sided).

-bladengo: a combination of blade and jango he was originally gonna be named after jango fett but it was already taken so I had to do some mass editing to make it unique.

-mousha'saburai: my personal favorite in terms of names since his name is japanese it means blind warrior I intended it to be blind samurai but close enough.You can go ahead and correct me if I am mistaken in anyway.
JOHTORRE LEGACY Number of family members: 22.
KAIJU LEGACY Number of family members: 12.

Aurbere
10.05.2012 , 01:08 PM | #2
Smuggler: Hansome- a play on Han Solo and handsome

Sith Inquisitor: Maulious- Like Darth Maul except his full name of Maulious Paulious
Added Chapter 65 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Lionflash
10.05.2012 , 01:16 PM | #3
My Bounty Hunter's name is NILOK, which is my name backwards but with a K instead of the C from Colin.

I felt that it looked strange with a C... name also happends to be one of my most unoriginal creations.

MasterJakob
10.05.2012 , 01:54 PM | #4
i pick FutureWife for my female sith inqusiter
reason: i was wondering about how a marriage with female inquesiter would be and then i thought about my mom and got scared
As long it's giving credits

GhostDrone
10.05.2012 , 06:49 PM | #5
When i first transferred from my original server to The Bastion i had to rename my Commando again.

I was bored and very low on ideas at the time, so i simply named him "Gottam". The name originated from a wonderful Team Fortress 2 meme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-qSKnhYlkc

My only regret is that i didn't make him look more like Engie .
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

Asbiorn
10.05.2012 , 08:18 PM | #6
I named my Jedi Knight Axec, which I thought up while looking at a can of Axe body spray that happened to be sitting next to my computer.
CLICK FOR 7 DAYS OF FREE SUBSCRIPTION STATUS, PLUS OTHER FREE STUFF!
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

Kikilicious
10.05.2012 , 10:43 PM | #7
Asania: My Chiss bounty hunter. Her name was originally Alaina, before I changed realms/servers/whatever. I had been watching the Legend of Korra at the time, and there was a character named Asami. I just kinda rolled with that and changed some lettering.

Amotak: My Chiss sith warrior. The brother of Asania. I was watching LoK at the time I made him (or rather, the bad guy just blew up, and the season ended). The villian, named Amon in his masked form, and Noatak in his unmasked form, reminded me a bit of the Phantom of the Opera (which I LOVE) so I comined the villians names.

At one point, I had an agent named Daaé, after Christine Daaé in Phantom of the Opera, but I got bored with the agent story.
Asania Tapfer'keit : Chiss : Bounty Hunter : Powertech

djmothra
10.05.2012 , 11:37 PM | #8
My Sorc is called Nabushi - this is a line from a very funny (and old) Comic Strip Presents show called "Mr Jolly Lives next door"

Rik Mayall and Ade Edmonson are in a Japanese guys hotel room trying to get room service to deliver large gin and tonics - Rik then asks the Japanese guy what room number is it - he replies " Nabushi Shanghong"

I nearly made my Legacy name Shanghong too (i didn't)
Not a Valued Subscriber
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

HellbirdIV
10.06.2012 , 02:28 AM | #9
My Trooper is Kurus Therumbras, named after Cyrus the Great (King of Persia) and Ferumbras, one of the Paladins of Charlemagne. He's the son of a Duke, heir to his house's throne, who volunteered for military service because it is was the honorable thing to do - hence, he's named after a renowned emperor and a european knight.

My Jedi Knight Kyril was named for the Russian name "Kiril", from the Greek word "Kyrios" meaning "Lord".

My Sniper was named Velikaya, which is the femenine form of "The Great", again in Russian, because I wanted a good female name for a Sniper. Since the most famous women snipers were Russian soldiers during WWII, I picked a Russian name - Eventually I went to "Catherine the Great" (A Russian Empress) for which the nickname was "Velikaya" (The Great).

I swear that the greco/russian theme naming was unintentional.

My Sith Sorcerer is a weasely little man with asiatic features named Ming. I created him after I realized there's a "The Merciless" title. Draw your own conclusions ;D

ShupFace
10.06.2012 , 08:27 AM | #10
My SI was originally called Voldemort but I had to rename him

Then I named my JK Trolldemort for fun...

(If I'd made a girl I would've called her Jedi Knight Rowling)