Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun Wars: The Frozen Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stun Wars: The Frozen Republic

chisaineko
10.10.2012 , 02:01 PM | #21
... 1 person is supposed to die versus 2 people. 1v2 = dead
1v1 is supposed to be a skill of player wins scenario.

And it should never be 1v3 and expects to win. Yet.. BW made it possible for commandos. That's a bit off on class balance.

The stuns and CC are balanced nicely to shutdown wrecking ball marauders (who can do 20k dps in 3 seconds) and troopers.

I play a sorcerer whose dps tree is supposed to be dangerous too, force lighning ticks at 2600 in pve and only 600 in pvp. Its clearly broken.

Chisaineko

Technohic
10.10.2012 , 02:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by chisaineko View Post
... 1 person is supposed to die versus 2 people. 1v2 = dead
1v1 is supposed to be a skill of player wins scenario.

And it should never be 1v3 and expects to win. Yet.. BW made it possible for commandos. That's a bit off on class balance.

The stuns and CC are balanced nicely to shutdown wrecking ball marauders (who can do 20k dps in 3 seconds) and troopers.

I play a sorcerer whose dps tree is supposed to be dangerous too, force lighning ticks at 2600 in pve and only 600 in pvp. Its clearly broken.

Chisaineko
I am confused. Shutdown wrecking ball marauders and TROOPERS?

One of those, they failed. The other one, well; WTG. Dead horse beaten again.

EDIT: Oh wait. Did you mean vanguards. If thats the case; I still don't see how you make a change to affect everyone expecting it to nerf 1 or 2.

Lionflash
10.10.2012 , 02:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zovyn View Post
You miss the point, its not that you might have taken those three on and won or even lived, its that you NEVER get the opportunity.
Well if you weren't going to win anyway...

And if they chose to blow their stuns on what was going to be an easy kill anyway it's their problem. 10 seconds later your team could show up and they have stuns on cooldown.

Dodgefella
10.10.2012 , 03:00 PM | #24
this is excatly why I just hit un sub button...and I wont be coming back because evidently PvP is not on EA"s mind with this game...Im goin back to the original star wars game thats actually a lot more fun to play

At an end your rule is, and not soon enough it was

DarthOvertone
10.10.2012 , 03:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
It's not perfect but it's whats in the game so I can deal with it. And to me, I'm not feeling like im stunned half the game.
As an aside, what class is your Main? For example, my Vanguard and Sniper don't mind the present system at all because they are rarely (especially after 1.4) harrassed with CC. My Shadow, Mara and Scoundrel, on the other hand, can't stand the system because it's a grey-bar fest.

Nobody is asking for a perfect system. People are just asking for a system that is more fun. Being grey-barred simply isn't fun. Period.

BW can actually kill two birds with one stone, and even appeal to players like yourselves that like the additional tactical dynamic that CC brings to combat, by decreasing the cooldown on our CC Breaker.

No one has ever been stun locked and destroyed in a 1on1 without having a single GCD to do anything, not even from an operative. It only happends when you are focused, 3v1.
Agreed. This is an exaggeration, but I never stated this. And I already said that dying/death has nothing to do with it. I don't think the majority of players would mind dying at all if they could go down fighting.

I never said that I love or even like the resolve system, but I accept it
I get it. You pay your own sub and are entitled to your opinion on the game's mechanics. However, the fact of the matter is that this game in particular is an MMO, and as such, is in a constant state of change. The gameplay can be improved, and the Devs can improve it. They won't know to do so unless players give their feedback on things they like or don't like. Thank the maker players weren't satisifed and accepted how PvP was in this game at launch. Change is a good thing, and CC in this game can be changed for the better.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | War Hero Alphabond - Sniper | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Metalmac
10.10.2012 , 04:42 PM | #26
STUNWARS KNOCKBACK is the current game in PVP today.

Niether STUNS or KNOCKBACK are fun to deal with so BioWare how about giving everyone more of these?

denpic
10.10.2012 , 04:54 PM | #27
I'm sick of seeing this topic posted cant you guys just L2p
Instead of all the tears
All I get from these thread is pvp is to hard I'm stunlocked 24/7 with no escape
Not one person complaining explains the situation that lead them to be cc to death No mention of your cc breaker no defensive cooldowns no counter cc
You're all just helpless kittens

Kyuuu
10.10.2012 , 04:57 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
STUNWARS KNOCKBACK is the current game in PVP today.

Niether STUNS or KNOCKBACK are fun to deal with so BioWare how about giving everyone more of these?
This sums up WZ now. WE NEED MORE LETS ADD 30M KNOCK BACK AND CC AND STUNS THAT LAST 15+ SECOND SEEING IT FEELS LIKE THAT NOW. We can just CC/Stun Knockback everyone 24/7 and the winners are the ones that got CC/STun knocked back the most, Removing the actual fighting in favor of this is WAY MORE FUN

End of sarcastic rant

DarthOvertone
10.10.2012 , 04:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
I'm sick of seeing this topic posted cant you guys just L2p
Then stop reading and bumping the threads... derp
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | War Hero Alphabond - Sniper | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

mulzii
10.10.2012 , 07:16 PM | #30
it is a simple fix really, but bioware doesn't want to do it.

1. lower all classes anti-cc cooldown to 1 minute.
2. make ALL cc's break on damage. no exceptions for some classes/abilties and not others.
3. make the max duration of every cc 4 seconds.
4. increase the AoE cc's cooldowns or make them single target only (exclude knockbacks, as you can still control your char after a kb)

5. put both the target as well as the person who uses that sleep dart/mind trap in combat so they cannot chain use them, or completely full resolve with it.