Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Been gone since 1.2 and I'm back

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Been gone since 1.2 and I'm back

Andryah
10.03.2012 , 09:58 AM | #11
Welcome back to all those that took a break.

I am an advocate for taking a break from an MMO when it's not fun or if it is frustrating. Very often when you come back it has very positive results for you.

And honestly (not referring to any particular poster) a lot of people really should not jump on a new MMO at launch. They should wait 6-9 months and then jump in. This is particularly true for players who carry a lot of MMO baggage with them or have low tolerance for the rough edges that new MMOs present to a large player base.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

PaulyTheHut
10.03.2012 , 10:54 AM | #12
Never unsubbed, but RL has kept me from putting meaningful time into the game. But I log on almost every day, and the vibe I get from my guild and the community is that we are really left with a very dedicated core of players at this point.

Now there seems to be a small growth spurt of players who will also get really entrenched in the game.

I hope F2P doesn't disrupt the community which seems to be reforming itself in a more "organic" fashion right now.
Flaccus 51 Sage Naso 32 Guardian
Pirlo 42 Commando Cassano 55 Mercenary
Pelopidas 20 Shadow Piso 45 Assassin

Stridar
10.03.2012 , 11:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by PaulyTheHut View Post
Never unsubbed, but RL has kept me from putting meaningful time into the game. But I log on almost every day, and the vibe I get from my guild and the community is that we are really left with a very dedicated core of players at this point.

Now there seems to be a small growth spurt of players who will also get really entrenched in the game.

I hope F2P doesn't disrupt the community which seems to be reforming itself in a more "organic" fashion right now.
Yeah I get that feeling too. It seems like the only people left playing are the ones that never wanted to leave in the first place. Just a tight group of players who enjoy a game together. I like that.
Knight Commander
Squadron 12-13-11
. NEVER FORGET

PalihoJ
10.04.2012 , 03:51 AM | #14
Yet another thread cropping up about people returning to the game and liking it or people still playing since launch and stil enjoying it....I knew this damn air of positivity about the game was going to start spreading like a poison!!!!

I'm starting to miss the haters flaming the game for stupid minor things and whinging on about nothing in particular...oh wait no I don't.

Welcome back I hope you and all the returning players enjoy the game for a long time to come.

Stridar
10.04.2012 , 09:22 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by PalihoJ View Post
Yet another thread cropping up about people returning to the game and liking it or people still playing since launch and stil enjoying it....I knew this damn air of positivity about the game was going to start spreading like a poison!!!!

I'm starting to miss the haters flaming the game for stupid minor things and whinging on about nothing in particular...oh wait no I don't.

Welcome back I hope you and all the returning players enjoy the game for a long time to come.
Best. Response. Ever.

Haha I actually laughed.
Knight Commander
Squadron 12-13-11
. NEVER FORGET

darrensimmons
10.04.2012 , 10:06 AM | #16
Gotta say Ive just joined the fun. This is my first time playing mmo and I just cannot believe how AWESOME it is!!

Haters are gonna hate, let them. I'm to buzy loving the game to give a damn!

AlixMV
10.04.2012 , 04:25 PM | #17
This and all the other posts I'm seeing about returning players re-finding their joy in the game is great. Hope it continues to treat all of you well.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris