Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Progression thread 2.1

Tmanarl
06.09.2013 , 01:43 PM | #401
Sigma Squad completed Scum & Villainy on story mode this afternoon.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Cinnagar 70 Sith Sorcerer | Viceptus 70 Sith Sorcerer | Calvaria 70 Sith Assassin | Shiian 70 Sith Juggernaut | Rolorra 70 Sith Marauder
Sevri 70 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Maris 70 Imperial Operative
Leelu 70 Jedi Sage | Mallavik: 70 Jedi Shadow | Brénn: 70 Vanguard Trooper | Corrann: 70 Jedi Sentinal | Lumanni: 70 Smuggler Scoundrel

Chyanis
06.12.2013 , 09:24 PM | #402
GUILD: Don't Worry 'Bout It
SERVER: Begeren Colony
FACTION: Republic

1/5 - The Withering Horror 8man NiM: Down
Kill Pic: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws....al/1281593.jpg
Achievement Pic: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws....al/1281594.jpg

My Achievemnet Pic: http://i.imgur.com/DFwGO7P.jpg

These are Khevar's pics from a cross post on the Terror NiM progress thread under the Flashpoints, Operation forums

raidmac
06.13.2013 , 02:45 AM | #403
Hit and Run is 1/5 on NiM TFB. We got in a few pulls on the dreadguard and I have to say that this fight is going to be fun! Must say that this is the most fun I've had in a while because the content is actually difficult.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to know which guilds are going to skip over the dreadguard? We are currently on the fence about skipping it because it ruins the spirit of progression raiding. I'm really hoping that there is no bug, and we are all somehow missing a mechanic. Though if Bioware comes out and says that it is bugged we may skip it.

http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_i..._05_346222.jpg
Officer of <VICE>

KnightGreg
06.13.2013 , 07:08 AM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
Out of curiosity, I wanted to know which guilds are going to skip over the dreadguard? We are currently on the fence about skipping it because it ruins the spirit of progression raiding. I'm really hoping that there is no bug, and we are all somehow missing a mechanic. Though if Bioware comes out and says that it is bugged we may skip it.
Thora, there's a TON of posts in the Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missons Forum about the difficulty of the Dread Guard. I saw a guy did the math on the dps needed. He said the dps need an average of 2965 and that DOESN'T include the Legionaries And Ciphas' bubble to avoid enrage. I've even seen several people who claim to be in the top PVE guilds on the game state it is impossible, or very near impossible. They said they 4 dps in full 72s only getting 2600-2700. So, I think BW will nerf or lengthen the enrage timer with the Dread Guard in 2.2.1.
Grëggy Evilgreg Doode Linda

ICSWOR
06.13.2013 , 01:56 PM | #405
Very good question. In the past, on BC guilds have skipped bosses and marked it as progression so there is a precedence. That being said its a good question worthy of discussion to decide whether it should count or not going forward.

Ascension has also done the first boss, I will let Rydia post the pics. As for skipping bosses, we will be skipping, whether it counts for progression or not that's what needs to be discussed.

Me personally I have no issues if a guild decides to move ahead; to get gear, learn new mechanics and just have fun with the raid. As for counting for progression I am on the fence, on one side it sort of seems like cheating but on the other I don't, since I see it as a bug from Bioware.
Lu'cius - Shadow
Lu'cinda - Sentinel
Ascension

Khevar
06.13.2013 , 02:31 PM | #406
ICSWOR, I agree 100%.

If worst comes to worst, and there is a disagreement as regards to progression and skipping DG, the <2hr nightmare run will still be available to use as a progression yardstick.

Zenithan
06.13.2013 , 03:56 PM | #407
Ascension's kill of Writhing Horror. Time is in AST. I like that that fight is actually a bit of a challenge for the first time ever.

KnightGreg
06.14.2013 , 01:57 PM | #408
Personally, I think for the run to be counted as "progression" and thus the achievements of the kills to be allowed, the team should have to kill the bosses in order. If a group skips the DG and downs Op9 I don't think it should count as a part of their progression on this Thread because I think for someone to progress in a raid, their kills should be in the order of the bosses themselves. However, if the general consensus is that a group can skip the DG and kill the other bosses and have it still count, I'm completely OK with that.
Grëggy Evilgreg Doode Linda

Diachi
06.14.2013 , 02:50 PM | #409
Progression requires guilds to down all bosses. If you switch to HM then back to NiM, that isn't progression. Even if people believe the Dread Guards are "bugged" (imo they are not and can be downed). That's why you have to have a screenshot of the kill with date stamp and achievement in order to receive credit.
Te'fia the Revanchist; Top 3 Operative Seasons 3 and 4
Dread Master Te'f; #1 Scoundrel Season 3

raidmac
06.14.2013 , 05:13 PM | #410
I do not think skipping should count towards progression, but that is just me. To my knowledge, the developers have not said anything about the DG being bugged, and suckafish did get them down to 10% after some guilds had already declared it impossible. Anywhoo good luck guys, and make sure you keep everyone updated with your progress!
Officer of <VICE>