Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Farewell Bastion


Magyarian's Avatar


Magyarian
09.30.2012 , 07:18 PM | #1
Well everyone, its time I bid you all farewell.

After hoping they would fix resolve and all the frigging crowd control that goes on, my patience is finally gone. Ive heard the whole we are working on routine enough to know when its time. Especially since 1.4 was supposed to fix the problem.

All I do is PvP in this game. The fictional level 50 war zones (covering up lowbie levels) still doesnt get a full team all the time and I grow tired of re-educating the next batch. Team composition (in randoms) still decide the vast majority of matches with speed and heals being the main determiner. Premades are fine but even those have issues. I would have liked to do more rated war zones but unless you join a losing premade for farming or have a competent guild, they just arent worth doing if you have the gear. And my favourite, world PvP, just isnt going to happen with bioware anytime soon

So I bid you all my sincerest thanks for all the zerging and mass destruction focused on my sorry character. My sub goes until the 12th and then Im done. I may return if and when they fix CCs or world PvP.

/salute to those who gave it their best
/bow to those who left before me and set the stage for playing well
/rude to those who chatted in war zones more than they PvPd

Come PvP with me until the end. See you on the flip side

Until Lightsabers Cross,

Warlord Magyarsaber

Theology's Avatar


Theology
09.30.2012 , 07:46 PM | #2
Yep. This game is even more screwed than when I left it, which I thought would be impossible. I thought, for sure, that it could only go up from where it was a month ago. Boy was I wrong.

Mirmirmi's Avatar


Mirmirmi
10.01.2012 , 10:28 AM | #3
1) When you're in warzones with the general population, try to have fun. There will ALWAYS be noobs and the uneducated in strategy, and it just kinda sucks. F2P will increase their number. Just enjoy dominating the enemy, and hope your team has some sense of strategy and objectives to earn themselves a win. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect anything else.

2) If you're so above the general warzone population, you should have little problem finding a guild with Ranked Warzones so you can run some higher-brow PvP.

3) World PvP is self-made. You can't just sit on the fleet and go "I wish BioWare made me want to go do World PvP". If you want world PvP, go incite it. It takes time, but it's worth it. Go shutdown a quest hub, you'll see a response. Learn when guilds are doing the Nightmare Pilgrim and hide in the shadows with a group and wipe them.

4) This game has nowhere to go but up...also, it won't cost you anything in a month or two

5) Goodbye
Mirmirmi the Shadow Mirhap the Agent Mirlation the Knight Mirdur the Hunter Emirgency the Scoundrel

MalDeChagas's Avatar


MalDeChagas
10.01.2012 , 11:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirmirmi View Post
4) This game has nowhere to go but up...
I wish that were true, but it just keeps getting worse. It was fun, but it's time to go.

Gomex's Avatar


Gomex
10.02.2012 , 06:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Magyarian View Post
Well everyone, its time I bid you all farewell.

After hoping they would fix resolve and all the frigging crowd control that goes on, my patience is finally gone. Ive heard the whole we are working on routine enough to know when its time. Especially since 1.4 was supposed to fix the problem.

All I do is PvP in this game. The fictional level 50 war zones (covering up lowbie levels) still doesnt get a full team all the time and I grow tired of re-educating the next batch. Team composition (in randoms) still decide the vast majority of matches with speed and heals being the main determiner. Premades are fine but even those have issues. I would have liked to do more rated war zones but unless you join a losing premade for farming or have a competent guild, they just arent worth doing if you have the gear. And my favourite, world PvP, just isnt going to happen with bioware anytime soon

So I bid you all my sincerest thanks for all the zerging and mass destruction focused on my sorry character. My sub goes until the 12th and then Im done. I may return if and when they fix CCs or world PvP.

/salute to those who gave it their best
/bow to those who left before me and set the stage for playing well
/rude to those who chatted in war zones more than they PvPd

Come PvP with me until the end. See you on the flip side

Until Lightsabers Cross,

Warlord Magyarsaber
http://i55.tinypic.com/5oh5di.gif

UberDuberSoldat's Avatar


UberDuberSoldat
10.05.2012 , 09:17 AM | #6
Another melodramatic post from someone who just can't cut it in PvP. The game is still fun and there's great competition on this server. Thanks for your highly necessary post telling us why you left.

Magyarian's Avatar


Magyarian
10.09.2012 , 05:03 PM | #7
I find it remarkable that I try to leave with grace and honesty and people still have an attitude.

Have fun with that....

Theology's Avatar


Theology
10.09.2012 , 05:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
Another melodramatic post from someone who just can't cut it in PvP. The game is still fun and there's great competition on this server. Thanks for your highly necessary post telling us why you left.
Oh, let's be honest, shall we. The only competition left in this game are the good guild's second stringers that now have a chance to play because all of the better people have quit the game and moved on. The first 2-3 weeks of rateds were the highest level of competition this game will ever see. The teams doing rateds now pale in comparison in not only skill, but coordination, teamwork, and overall cohesiveness to the original teams playing when rateds first released. The pseudo competition you talk about is a few decent kids left (like yourself, antipodes, smakyo, scold, and a few others) who still stick around for whatever reason and carry the said second stringers. The 'competition' here-in becomes, who can carry their team the best between the few skilled players left. Competition implies that the best of the best fight for first place. In the case of SWTOR PVP/Rateds, it's who can do the best with the bads that are left.

For lack of better words, Rateds are a giant cripple fight.

DPGDoGGiE's Avatar


DPGDoGGiE
10.10.2012 , 08:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Theology View Post
Oh, let's be honest, shall we. The only competition left in this game are the good guild's second stringers that now have a chance to play because all of the better people have quit the game and moved on.
Thus allowing Perpendicular to shine!!!!!

Had to say it.
Pooptaco - Assassin - The Bastion ------ Tasteful - Mercenary - The Bastion
Smelly - Marauder- The Bastion ------ Moldy - Operative- Infinite Empire
Hey im MVP

Theology's Avatar


Theology
10.10.2012 , 10:12 AM | #10
That is invalid for several reasons.

1. I dont play rateds at all anymore for the reasons listed above.

2. I was a part of the original team(s).

3. You were Tedford's replacement, but I would have rather had someone else so we would have had a shot at winning.