Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reducing the daily WZ matches to 4 was a mistake

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Reducing the daily WZ matches to 4 was a mistake

addarcy
09.29.2012 , 05:24 AM | #1
The change to the daily WZ matches, reduced from 6 to 4, was a huge mistake by Bioware as all that happens now is that if a team is notably stronger or gains the upper hand ppl will either leave, if they have already attained their daily, OR not try i.e. make it so the team loses quicker since by doing this they still gain a daily match point and have the chance of another match quicker than if they were to fight it out.

When the daily was 6 match points ppl put the effort in to turn the initial deficit around as the 2 point win meant SO much more, now most pvp matches are just a farce. The other night I saw someone join / leave three times, yes three times!! (lol) YES you still need 9 match wins for your pvp weekly but this doesn’t outweigh the nightmare of your average pvp daily match.

I for one would rather have the 6 point pvp daily back, as it actually meant something to pvp’ers.

mulzii
09.29.2012 , 05:49 AM | #2
In my humble opinion, they should have increased the original 6-pt daily to 10, and then made a separate 4-pt pvp daily for EACH individual WZ.

Icestar
09.29.2012 , 08:13 AM | #3
I play several characters and for me 4 is working great, makes the daily a bit quicker.

I do agree though that players tend to leave and that needs to be looked into, but that has already Bioware confirmed that they do
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

paul_preib
09.29.2012 , 09:42 AM | #4
If the real purpose was catering to those who have a slower go of it by having a hard.time securing wins why not make the weekly 18 matches instead of 9 wins then leave the daily at 6. The alternative would be setting it to 4 but removing the double credit for a win portion
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Alericus
09.29.2012 , 11:12 AM | #5
weird, im more inclined to leave a match while doing my daily..i mean I want a win, once done i actually stay more often because well i really dont care if the team plays poorly then..for me its practice. My confusion is that some players are obviously intentioanlly playing bad, its not poor gear or inexperience that loses us the match, its the healer who runs to solo defend a turret while his team dies at mid. Reducing the matchs if anything is making wz queues longer, ive defintely noticed a longer wait as the night goes on. But reducing the number you need for daily should rduce the pain of facing premades as well. so for me its a 50/50 situation..im just not that bothered by it. Trust me when there was ilum it was way worse.
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

TalkingDinosaur
09.29.2012 , 11:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
In my humble opinion, they should have increased the original 6-pt daily to 10, and then made a separate 4-pt pvp daily for EACH individual WZ.
Lol, no thanks. Play Republic and know the pain of losing 17/17 games.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

paul_preib
09.29.2012 , 11:20 AM | #7
If the real purpose was catering to those who have a slower go of it by having a hard.time securing wins why not make the weekly 18 matches instead of 9 wins then leave the daily at 6. The alternative would be setting it to 4 but removing the double credit for a win portion
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Captain_Zone
09.29.2012 , 11:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
Lol, no thanks. Play Republic and know the pain of losing 17/17 games.
On my server, it's the Imps that suck balls. lol
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.