Bioware has no idea how to manage pvp

Individual

So because you can't play it's BW's fault? Sound logic.

Yup it's really a l2p issue when 2-3 of these guys leap to you and smash you. Get a clue. It's really a l2p issue when they give them a perk on their pvp set bonus that allows them to do an extra %dmg just from leaping to you. Wish I got a few extra seconds on my set bonus for that. Bioware doesn't play the game plain and simple. if they do, then they must all be rolling muraders / juggs. It's pretty dumb.

Edited by Individual

If you are wearing recruit or worse and they have augmented warhero then it is not much to do, it takes a few seconds then it is over.

If you got matched gear you can counter if you got your cooldowns available :tran_cool:

I'm in full warehero and get smashed for close to 6k buy some of these guys. Oh, but the buff was minor it wasn't even going to be an issue right?

I love seeing 2-3 muraders / jugs leaping at me and smashing me. Thanks Bioware you guys really know how to make this game fun. Let me know when you get off the warrior kick please and maybe I'll be more interested in pvping.

Sooo....you expect to survive when you're zerged by multiple opponents who hit you for more damage than you have HP? Sounds fair.

I've got a Sentinel in a mix of WH/BM. Anyone saying rage/focus spec isn't alittle too powerful at the moment is in denial/doesn't want their class nerfed. The rage/focus buffs were unwarranted, as the spec was functioning fine without them. Whatever, I'll continue to play watchman, as I refuse to jump on the smash/sweep train.

I can confirm 6k crits vs my full wh commando. I die in seconds vs warriors.

The only range class that is able to manage it a bit longer is a sage with maybe 0-18-23.

Yesterday i ve been a bg with 7 Jugger, playing my sniper. The other group was smashed even before they could say A - i felt totally useless.

It was already bad before 1.4 that bgs with more melees had advantages now its even more obvious.

Oh and reducing cyro was fine - now a commando, when he sees a warrior is about to jump to him cant pre stun him.

L2P is really a nice argument, but you are dead even before you can do anything.....

Show me a screen of you in full WH taking a 5.5-5.9k smash . You being asked to back up your 'facts' is hardly trolling. :cool:

6k is probably a little much.... But 5300 not at all. I think that there are a few things that didn't need to be changed in rage. Such as assault abilitys and vicious actively lowering the cd of smash with each swing.

But.... Its very unlikely to get changed back.

The title of the thread should be "Bioware has no idea how to manage MMOs", their first foray into the arena was a disaster, a mega budget, mega IP MMO hemorrhaging players and going free to play in less than a year.

Now that the founders have been "retired" I hope the rest of the design leads follow because they dont have a grasp on whats needed PvE or PvP. Im hopefull the game will be turned around with F2P as have seen other games totally reinvigorated by that model but real direction change is needed and I worry that many problems are hard coded into the mess that we have now.

The title of the thread should be "Bioware has no idea how to manage MMOs", their first foray into the arena was a disaster, a mega budget, mega IP MMO hemorrhaging players and going free to play in less than a year.

Now that the founders have been "retired" I hope the rest of the design leads follow because they dont have a grasp on whats needed PvE or PvP. Im hopefull the game will be turned around with F2P as have seen other games totally reinvigorated by that model but real direction change is needed and I worry that many problems are hard coded into the mess that we have now.

It is very unlikely that this game will ever turn around. Aside from common sense, balance, bug fixes, etc etc...they are lacking the primary key to a successful MMO (especially a theme park MMO); that is CONTENT. The lack of content is even worse for us PVPers. This game, straight, has little to no PVP content.

I can guarantee you that at LEAST 50% of the population that is hanging around still playing this game, are all waiting to see what F2P brings in November. And when that launches, with the coninual lack of content updates that we've seen all year form this company, that 50% minimum population will leave.

This game will most likely be down to 200k subs or less by december/jan after F2P hits and people come to terms with the fact that this game is basically a government run entity that has no idea how to make anything that PLAYERS actually want.

I miss my SWG, I can't believe they closed it down for THIS

Edited by SOULCASTER

Agree with th OP. Everyone and their mother is now playing Rage.

Bioware seriously have no *********** clue. They are a joke at this point.

To be honest the changes to Rage make sense (insta smash etc.) It's just that other classes and specs are lacking so much in comparison now everyone who has a warrior is going rage in pvp.

Edited by vandana_

I love seeing 2-3 muraders / jugs leaping at me and smashing me. Thanks Bioware you guys really know how to make this game fun. Let me know when you get off the warrior kick please and maybe I'll be more interested in pvping.

You sorta kinda think, what 2-3 pyrotechs with railshots or 2-3 snipers with ambush kill you more slowly? :D

While the OP is making a whiny post no one will take seriously because of his tone, he does have a point.

The Smashes going on are pretty insane, at least I feel it is on my Sorc. I mean I recall in my last match I got crit for 6500 from smash. I also have a Jugg and Marauder and when you leap into a group of 4-5 people and pop off a 6k smash on them all, that's absolutely insane.

Having high burst isn't fool proof, if you catch them on cooldowns yeah you can deal with them but when you rely on Dots and a turret style of play just to get your spells off, those crazy crits will leave you dead before you can even get your dots off.