Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cleanse in PvP

Siorac
09.28.2012 , 05:06 PM | #1
Now, cleansing is obviously immensely useful. All those pesky Annihilation Marauders, Dirty Fighting Gunslingers, Madness Sorcs etc... they can be frustrated easily.

My question is, how do you healers use cleanse? My problem (when I play my healer alts) is that there is no way I can make an actual informed decision on who to cleanse. If I made the ops frame big enough so that I could actually recognize all the debuffs at a glance, I wouldn't see anything else on the screen.

When it's only a 1v1 or 2v1 fight, it's okay, of course. But in a frantic fight at mid in Huttball or a skirmish at the Voidstar doors... I just throw cleanses randomly, hoping that it helps somewhat. So, how do you do it?

Hairyzac
09.28.2012 , 05:36 PM | #2
That is kind of how you have to do it. But IDK if you see someone glowing, burning or blow up or moving slow most likely they need a cleanse.

Graziell
09.28.2012 , 05:59 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Now, cleansing is obviously immensely useful. All those pesky Annihilation Marauders, Dirty Fighting Gunslingers, Madness Sorcs etc... they can be frustrated easily.

My question is, how do you healers use cleanse? My problem (when I play my healer alts) is that there is no way I can make an actual informed decision on who to cleanse. If I made the ops frame big enough so that I could actually recognize all the debuffs at a glance, I wouldn't see anything else on the screen.

When it's only a 1v1 or 2v1 fight, it's okay, of course. But in a frantic fight at mid in Huttball or a skirmish at the Voidstar doors... I just throw cleanses randomly, hoping that it helps somewhat. So, how do you do it?
I clean alot, but only on current targets. Its not worth it otherwise - anni dots and the heavy hitting sorc dot (crushing darkness) tick too fast to waste a GCD for cleaning + search time. DF/Leathality probally specc'ed into reappliement of their dots, which still let them get off their hard hitting wounding shots/cull.

Best use of cleanse is on yourself. A living healer is better then a dead one. Second best use is on the tech/force mezz (flashbang and lift/whirlwind) and slinger/sniper root.

If you really want to look for cleaning targets, priorize ACs that cant clean anything (knights/warrior, VG/PT) before partial cleaning ones (Sorc/Sage, merc/command) before full cleaner.

Ssfbistimg
09.28.2012 , 06:55 PM | #4
with my hybrid heal sorcerer If i heal you I cleanse you. It only costs 15 force and I easily recover it back.

LittleLummo
09.29.2012 , 02:11 AM | #5
When I heal, if it is safe to do so(aka others don't need urgent healz) then I will check the debuffs to see if I have to cleanse, however if I see somebody get hit with the Rage dot, I will try and cleanse them immediately just to prevent stacks building. Also if I see somebody fighting a Sent I will focus cleanses on them.
Zav'ii/Lamare\Caidan|Ixium/Xav'ii\Sabbi
DRAMA|Coral

Xaintis
09.29.2012 , 03:08 AM | #6
If they're on fire I cleanse them, if they're stunned I cleanse them....other than that it's kind of a crap shoot!