Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why didn't Exar Kun change his lightsaber crystal?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why didn't Exar Kun change his lightsaber crystal?

MazakMatsura
10.24.2012 , 01:46 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Yes here she is in seasong 5 with a blue saber http://i.imgur.com/EmJNl.jpg
http://saga-edition.com/wp-content/Variant-Shien-3.png

And here is Adi Gallia using her red blade, reverse grip shien style in a LUCASARTS game in 2000. I'd like to think content from LucasArts is considered canon. Plo Koon also has a yellow blade.

---

Personally, I don't think it matters what your color is, period. Lore wise, yes the sith made red crystals because they were easier to make, and didn't have access to natural crystals. Now onto Exar Kun, I feel he did not see the need to change what already works for him, i.e. don't fix what ain't broken.
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Lord_Karsk
10.24.2012 , 02:32 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by MazakMatsura View Post
http://saga-edition.com/wp-content/Variant-Shien-3.png

And here is Adi Gallia using her red blade, reverse grip shien style in a LUCASARTS game in 2000. I'd like to think content from LucasArts is considered canon. Plo Koon also has a yellow blade.

---

Personally, I don't think it matters what your color is, period. Lore wise, yes the sith made red crystals because they were easier to make, and didn't have access to natural crystals. Now onto Exar Kun, I feel he did not see the need to change what already works for him, i.e. don't fix what ain't broken.
As stated by lucasfilm no game mechanics are canon.In ROTS i fought Mace as Vader in a long fight while Sidious was watching but again just another game mechanic.Quote George Lucas, sith use red jedi use green and blue.
Soon in this game you can freeze yourself and heal yourself in a carbonite chamber, guess what, game mechanics
Fun and silly yes but have nothing to do with the real star wars universe,and it's just as silly and dumb seeing jedi on coruscant running around with red sabers and dark side corruption.

Captain_Zone
10.24.2012 , 02:53 PM | #83
As stated by lucasfilm no game mechanics are canon.In ROTS i fought Mace as Vader in a long fight while Sidious was watching but again just another game mechanic.Quote George Lucas, sith use red jedi use green and blue.
Soon in this game you can freeze yourself and heal yourself in a carbonite chamber, guess what, game mechanics
Fun and silly yes but have nothing to do with the real star wars universe,and it's just as silly and dumb seeing jedi on coruscant running around with red sabers and dark side corruption.
So Plo Koon's Orange Lightsaber isn't Canon, then? Ok, dude. Whatever you say.
. OPOD
Best Dark Side Points in the game: Bounty Hunter ROFLCURBSTOMPING that nobleman on Alderaan when he mouths off.

Kilikaa
10.24.2012 , 02:58 PM | #84
If GL was so adamant about Jedi using ONLY blue or green and Sith only red, then why has he allowed differant colors in the novels and comics, which are canon right below the movies? Why is it Mara Jade had a magenta color or Jaina Solo violet? Why was Exar allowed to keep his blue? Why does Adi Gallia have a red shaded saber? Why is it silly seeing Jedi with a red saber? Because GL was talking about his movies?

Jedi used many colors over the millenia. They did not have uniform colors for most of their history. You qoute Lucas but fail to see that he has allowed Jedi and Sith to use differant colrs and declare it CANON. Whether you like it or not, Jedi can use any color they wish, as can Sith if they find a crystal they like. It's not just a game mechanic, it IS canon.

I'll ask again. If George Lucas meant for Jedi in the entire Star Wars universe to use blue or green and Sith in the entire universe to use red then why are they allowed to use other colors in comics, novels or even games? He and LA do have to clear a lot things when it comes to Star Wars. I'll present you an example.

In Star Wars Galaxies the Naboo N-1 starfighter was added to the game. Every ship available could be painted other colors, yet the N-1 was only available in the yellow/silver scheme seen in Phantom Menace. Why were we not allowed to repaint it? LA said it had to remain yellow/silver. If they can do that for a stupid little fighter then why have they never told the authors of the novels that Jedi use nly blue or green and Sith only red?