Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is the new WZ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Where is the new WZ?

Dawginole
09.28.2012 , 12:21 AM | #1
This was playable at GamesCon over a month ago. I have a sneaking suspicion this is completed content that was left out of 1.4 purposefully just in case they didn't get their other stuff done by Nov. 7th (the six week deadline) so that they would have a piece of already finished content in their back pocket to push out.

I just don't get it. You showed this at GamesCon. That was a month and a half ago. Now you are going to wait 6 more weeks to release it? So this thing is going to have been completed for almost 3 months before we get to see it?

PvE'ers get a full line of new gear and a new OP and you have a new WZ ready to go and PvP'ers just get the shaft?

Nicely done...
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

TheBBP
09.28.2012 , 12:23 AM | #2
Not sure if you are being serious or not. You believe that they are holding onto a finished warzone?
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Dawginole
09.28.2012 , 12:25 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Not sure if you are being serious or not. You believe that they are holding onto a finished warzone?
I'm not sure if you're being serious. It was completely, entirely playable at GamesCon six weeks ago. Not like they showed a trailer. Like they had live machines where people could go play the full WZ at the convention... six weeks ago. The only thing that wasn't completed then was the closing cinematic. Google it.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Uluain
09.28.2012 , 12:26 AM | #4
Giving the benefit of the doubt...

The new warzone was never slated for 1.4. Rather, it is coming in a future content patch, likely around the same time that F2P launches. We don't know, because no date has been given. Other content expected still this year include HK-51 and story updates with Makeb. Cathar may or not make it in this year, depending on how that project goes.

Dawginole
09.28.2012 , 12:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Giving the benefit of the doubt...

The new warzone was never slated for 1.4. Rather, it is coming in a future content patch, likely around the same time that F2P launches. We don't know, because no date has been given. Other content expected still this year include HK-51 and story updates with Makeb. Cathar may or not make it in this year, depending on how that project goes.

Not my point. My point is that this wz was 99% complete by their own admission by the 19th of August. People played it. There are live youtube vids of it. So surely six weeks later, i.e. now, any bugs were worked out and it is good to go live. Hell look at all the bugs we have in 1.4. I'm sure Ancient Hypergates wasn't any worse.

So if it was 99% done 6 weeks ago, then the only reasonable explanation is that they are purposefully holding onto it because they fear they won't have whatever else they are working on done by Nov. 7th and they need some finished content in their back pockets.

Why do you people still trust these guys? Why are you still giving them the "benefit of the doubt" after 10 months of garbage service and constant screw ups. I love the actual game, but BW as an MMO provider has been a total and complete joke. And it's been even worse with EA's accountants breathing down their necks.

There is no more "benefit of the doubt".
Soon.™*

Theology
09.28.2012 , 01:19 AM | #6
Yup. It takes Bioware SEVEN MONTHS to make and release a small, instanced enclosure with 2 objective mechanics, and copy pasted code for the enviroment.

quantumsheep
09.28.2012 , 01:30 AM | #7
I would say:

1. Bug hunting/fixing.
2. Fine tuning/optimisation.

I still enjoy the WZs we have now (apart from Huttball - never really liked that one) and I think that's down to the (in my opinion) excellent design/fine tuning.

I'm sure some will disagree with me, and that's fine. But for me, personally, I still like that every inch of a WZ feels like it was laboured over and playtested over and over and over again.

I understand your frustration though. Would love to play a new WZ

QS
The Progenitor
Hicks /Soir/Quantumsheep/Gradius/Huddson/Galaga
What I DO

Kophar
09.28.2012 , 01:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
Not my point. My point is that this wz was 99% complete by their own admission by the 19th of August. People played it. There are live youtube vids of it. So surely six weeks later, i.e. now, any bugs were worked out and it is good to go live. Hell look at all the bugs we have in 1.4. I'm sure Ancient Hypergates wasn't any worse.

So if it was 99% done 6 weeks ago, then the only reasonable explanation is that they are purposefully holding onto it because they fear they won't have whatever else they are working on done by Nov. 7th and they need some finished content in their back pockets.

Why do you people still trust these guys? Why are you still giving them the "benefit of the doubt" after 10 months of garbage service and constant screw ups. I love the actual game, but BW as an MMO provider has been a total and complete joke. And it's been even worse with EA's accountants breathing down their necks.

There is no more "benefit of the doubt".
Exactly that but if you also read the interview till the END they were having some problems on the final part of the WZ when all hell goes loose and explodes.
Meaning that most probably it wasnt ready preciselly cause that 1% u said that is still missing.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

Devlonir
09.28.2012 , 01:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Theology View Post
Yup. It takes Bioware SEVEN MONTHS to make and release a small, instanced enclosure with 2 objective mechanics, and copy pasted code for the enviroment.
Funny.. WoW has an average of 1 PvP Battlefield a year. Tor is currently on an average of 1 every 2,5 months (4 warzones in 10 months time)

Just sayin'..

Also, them holding back some content to at least be able to hold their every 6 weeks promise is not bad practice, it is smart. And it also means nothing is rushed. Things should be ready to be deployed 4-6 weeks before actual deployment, that way you have all that time to finetune and test it before going live.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Reble-Dog-Squad
09.28.2012 , 02:00 AM | #10
What is this War Zone you fine people speak of?
Australian CE VIP

Welcome to SWTOR, Click on the link below to gain in game rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/42CvHk