Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change to Jedi Sage Force Wave is FAIL

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Change to Jedi Sage Force Wave is FAIL

pyradius
09.27.2012 , 10:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sock_Bramson View Post
Ditto with me [edit: ditto was for pyradius' post]; so far, the only times Overload has misfired for me is when I've actually misused it. For example, I'm sure it was pretty hilarious for those 3 pubs on the bridge in VS to watch me fire off my Overload too early at them. Good thing I was able to sprint away and start healing my dps friends while they did my dirty work.

The more I've used it, though, the more I've come to like the new KB. The swath it cuts at 15m is so entertaining, it'll actually make you use the word "swath" for a change.
Yup and let's not forget that the instant aspect of it (no more lame animation delay) is also really a buff. I can't count the number of times I died while my char was in the animation for using my AoE knockback...

Oh, and I have to add a hilarious experience I had while guarding our player capping the door in Voidstar. Our opponents had dropped down out of the shielded area and would likely have been able to get a tap on our door capper, but I managed to time our new Force Wave so that I caught their players still in the air. At least 1-2 of them ended up back on the platform they had just jumped from, and we ended up capping the door, was quite satisfying

LittleLummo
09.28.2012 , 01:36 AM | #22
I love the new Force Wave! IMO it is much more useful, all it takes is practice to get used to it.
Zavvi/Lamare|Sebastion\L'ion
MVPs|Keyboard Turners

Devlonir
09.28.2012 , 02:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Devitiak View Post
They nerfed AoE knock back but not for gunslingers/snipers? those classes right now are unbeatable...they have a ton of stuns, aoe knock back, impossible to kill...totally unbalancing the game. Add in the new Elite weapons and healers die faster then ever...lol this game was good now its a joke...RIP PvP now this game is just like any other mmo with the bad balancing in 1.4.
Funny fact: in my Tele PVP spec I out Damage a Sniper in 1v1 without having to blow my DPS cooldowns. Especially considering my extra tools to keep myself alive (speed to LoS, shield, longer range wave). So yeah.. snipers are unbeatable monsters indeed..

Quote: Originally Posted by LittleLummo View Post
I love the new Force Wave! IMO it is much more useful, all it takes is practice to get used to it.
10000 times this. People who complain about it are simply the people who not accept any kind of change well. Learn, adapt, become better.

As I said in another thread.. people who complain about this would also be the first to die in a zombie apocalypse because they will complain the zombies suddenly became OP when only a shot in the head can kill them.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

CJNJ
09.28.2012 , 02:29 AM | #24
I think my favorite new force wave moment was pushing somebody waiting for the 2nd fire to drop into the pit when standing my the medpack. Just kinda jumped towards him and pushed him +2 other dudes off

Then I think back to pre 1.4, when force wave didn't even knock somebody off the rafters half the time
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

DarthFamine
09.28.2012 , 02:48 AM | #25
we all told them
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Hairyzac
09.28.2012 , 07:17 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
I think my favorite new force wave moment was pushing somebody waiting for the 2nd fire to drop into the pit when standing my the medpack. Just kinda jumped towards him and pushed him +2 other dudes off

Then I think back to pre 1.4, when force wave didn't even knock somebody off the rafters half the time
It wasn't that it didn't knock them off, it was that you had to position yourself extremely well because you had to be so close to your enemies...and it took a full half second to activate which gave time for opponents to counter position. The new one lets you be much further away, activates much faster, giving you time to position properly and not worry about someone moving an 1/8th of an inch and only knocking them to the edge, instead of off the edge.

I was not looking forward to the change, but I am actually liking it a lot. Sure we lost a bit of the defensive part, but there is great offensive potential. Coupled with not having to leeroy into a pack of people just to knock them back anymore makes this a good change in the end.

Also, Quinlynn is the worse sage/sorc on Prop5. I wouldn't bother taking anything he says seriously.

TheronFett
09.28.2012 , 08:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
Having to be facing the target for this to work is fail in a game engine that cannot track location / facing effectively.
Welcome to every other class, ever. Force Wave/Overload has been a crutch for you guys for long enough.

Hairyzac
09.28.2012 , 08:50 AM | #28
lol a crutch? this kid is funny.

CharterMonkKent
09.28.2012 , 09:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
Having to be facing the target for this to work is fail in a game engine that cannot track location / facing effectively.

During multiple fights last night I turned to face a target and fired force wave / push and it did nothing because the client and sever could not sync fast enough in PVP.

For the record I was fighting Sorcs / BH and everytime made sure no reslove before using. One time the other player just moved towards me and eventhough the player was in front of me when it animated, no push occured and they moved past me.

This change is stupid, completely and utterly, especially combined with the reduced range of Stun.
I played my sorc last night in 10+ wzs and didn't notice any of these issues. I think the knock back is excellent and finally useful in objective play.

Are you keyboard turning? If so you'll never turn in time to push back a better than average player. keyboard turning as a sorc/sage is a death sentence.

Also what tree are you? the KB shouldn't be used as your first defense to melee regardless. It should only be used after stuns/force speed/heals/team assistance
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Jaiyne
09.28.2012 , 09:33 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post

Also what tree are you? the KB shouldn't be used as your first defense to melee regardless. It should only be used after stuns/force speed/heals/team assistance
Basically my understanding is the OP only PvPs while training NPCs onto imps as they do their Ilum H2 quest. In other words, he's always running away, so the knockback doesn't suit him since he actually has to turn and fight to use it now
**Saeya*Jaiyne*India*Syarae**

POTF