Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change to Jedi Sage Force Wave is FAIL

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Change to Jedi Sage Force Wave is FAIL

Quinlynn
09.27.2012 , 04:31 PM | #1
Having to be facing the target for this to work is fail in a game engine that cannot track location / facing effectively.

During multiple fights last night I turned to face a target and fired force wave / push and it did nothing because the client and sever could not sync fast enough in PVP.

For the record I was fighting Sorcs / BH and everytime made sure no reslove before using. One time the other player just moved towards me and eventhough the player was in front of me when it animated, no push occured and they moved past me.

This change is stupid, completely and utterly, especially combined with the reduced range of Stun.

pyradius
09.27.2012 , 04:35 PM | #2
Haven't encountered this issue yet. Out of curiosity, what CPU do you have in your PC and what is your typical latency?

Quinlynn
09.27.2012 , 04:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by pyradius View Post
Haven't encountered this issue yet. Out of curiosity, what CPU do you have in your PC and what is your typical latency?
I have an i7-870, 8 GiGs RAM, and latency is 77ms, normally.

aeterno
09.27.2012 , 04:46 PM | #4
As someone using push for months: you get used to it. Sure sometimes you push the imp over the goal line not in the pit (slight exaggeration) but tis still a fun and useful tool.

Quinlynn
09.27.2012 , 04:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
As someone using push for months: you get used to it. Sure sometimes you push the imp over the goal line not in the pit (slight exaggeration) but tis still a fun and useful tool.
I think you are not understanding the change in 1.4.

If you are not facing the target you want to push, they will not be pushed.

Prior to 1.4, all targets around you were pushed.

Apparently our ability to use the force has become limited.

Stoofa
09.27.2012 , 04:51 PM | #6
...as has our ability, as a ranged class to actually stun people......at range.

Quinlynn
09.27.2012 , 04:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
...as has our ability, as a ranged class to actually stun people......at range.
Agreed.

BW = Fail At Prof Testing

aeterno
09.27.2012 , 04:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
I think you are not understanding the change in 1.4.

If you are not facing the target you want to push, they will not be pushed.

Prior to 1.4, all targets around you were pushed.

Apparently our ability to use the force has become limited.
The problem is the same in the sense that lack of synchronization is problematic for both skills. Heck when a push misfires I'd most of the time rather see it do nothing then the thing I absolutely don't want it to do but did due to a sync glitch.

Whether utility went up or down is a matter of personal opinion. Haven't tested it on my sage alt that's gathering dust yet but if the conal range and punt are sufficiently increased I'd even see it as an upgrade.

Telsnow
09.27.2012 , 04:56 PM | #9
The reduced cooldown on Force Speed and the amazing self-heal more than make up for you having to point your knock back.

As far as the reduced range on Force Stun, seriously cry more. You have plenty of other tools capable of controlling melee before they even get close enough for you to stun. Perhaps you should explore the rest of your abilities instead of relying on one or two of them. It'll make you a better player.

Quinlynn
09.27.2012 , 05:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Telsnow View Post
The reduced cooldown on Force Speed and the amazing self-heal more than make up for you having to point your knock back.

As far as the reduced range on Force Stun, seriously cry more. You have plenty of other tools capable of controlling melee before they even get close enough for you to stun. Perhaps you should explore the rest of your abilities instead of relying on one or two of them. It'll make you a better player.
In a game that has stun locking, shorter CD on FR isn't that great.

Running away doesn't do much good when your still getting pounded in your back side with no way to avoid constant roots and pulls and snares and slows.

I would rather have what I had than the changes they made.

Overall Sage has been nerfed IMO.