Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

TFB Secret Zone


voldroth's Avatar


voldroth
10.07.2012 , 04:00 PM | #91
The hints were:
Oldschool

Only What you take with you
(from two sources)

Has anyone taken the "oldschool" hint and looked through KOTOR for anything? What could Oldschool mean?
The Force shall free me.

Voldroth - Sith Warrior
The Emperor's Hand

Anysao's Avatar


Anysao
10.07.2012 , 04:29 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by ARagingNoob View Post
Considering that this cave is HIGHLY mirrored to the one in the movie, has anyone tried to RECREATE this scene as best as possible? Have your raid's Jugg/ Guardian go into the cave ALONE and ACTIVATE their lightsaber? (Default to draw weapon is Z). At the simplest level something to this effect should be recreated, at the most complex level maybe they need to have a Green saber (Or Blue, I forget what color his saber ws at this point in the movie), equip Imperial/ Republic Fighter Social Armor (the set obtained from doing Space Missions). Just my 2 cents.

ALSO, the RED and BLUE features and plants in the cave seem WAY too coinincidental to be in there set COMPLETELY away from each other. (Red obviously symbolizing the Empire and Blue for the Republic). Maybe either Empire Raid groups need to stand on the Red side and draw their weapons facing Blue or stand on Blue and draw their weapons. Visa versa for Republic raids.
In a guardian, I guess I can try it. I don't have a flight suit, but Luke wasn't wearing one. He was wearing some training outfit. I still got my old level 8 lightsaber. I'll head in, although it'll only be story mode. I'm sure something would happen on both.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

GeckoOBac's Avatar


GeckoOBac
10.07.2012 , 07:31 PM | #93
And I've yet to see any definite answer to this simple question:

Has anybody tried of pulling the big froggy miniboss thing, the so called "chest" mob, inside the cave and kill him there?

It definitely would fit with the "only what you bring with you" hint.

Anysao's Avatar


Anysao
10.07.2012 , 09:22 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
In a guardian, I guess I can try it. I don't have a flight suit, but Luke wasn't wearing one. He was wearing some training outfit. I still got my old level 8 lightsaber. I'll head in, although it'll only be story mode. I'm sure something would happen on both.
Nothing, but if I go in wearing NOTHING, The entire group and I heard Dagobah cave music. No music when going in armed. It was the whole group, in and out of the cave. Very Creapy.
8 man story mode. So that may be a hint.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
10.07.2012 , 09:29 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Nothing, but if I go in wearing NOTHING, The entire group and I heard Dagobah cave music. No music when going in armed. It was the whole group, in and out of the cave. Very Creapy.
8 man story mode. So that may be a hint.
/bangheadagainstwall

OMG this secret cave is so putting me on the edge of my seat!
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

voldroth's Avatar


voldroth
10.07.2012 , 10:45 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
And I've yet to see any definite answer to this simple question:

Has anybody tried of pulling the big froggy miniboss thing, the so called "chest" mob, inside the cave and kill him there?

It definitely would fit with the "only what you bring with you" hint.
i dont think so, but the more i think about it the more this seems like a good idea
The Force shall free me.

Voldroth - Sith Warrior
The Emperor's Hand

KarethRiker's Avatar


KarethRiker
10.08.2012 , 10:04 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by voldroth View Post
i dont think so, but the more i think about it the more this seems like a good idea
Old school could refer to Frogger. Seems kind of promising, but also a little bit of a stretch.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

Anysao's Avatar


Anysao
10.08.2012 , 10:12 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
Old school could refer to Frogger. Seems kind of promising, but also a little bit of a stretch.
A stretch indeed!

We're over thinking this... It's probably just some item. And how would you lure the mini boss in anyways?
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

GeckoOBac's Avatar


GeckoOBac
10.08.2012 , 10:27 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
A stretch indeed!

We're over thinking this... It's probably just some item. And how would you lure the mini boss in anyways?
Plenty of reasons, some of which have been stated in this same thread... Mostly, the hint "only what you bring with you", secondly it's suspicious that they'd use a mob to do what a chest does perfectly fine, thirdly it's not the silliest thing I've read here, fourthly the ground stomp attack he does might do something like making the cave crumble and open a passageway since the map shows you're just partially inside the mountain. Or perhaps something special will drop from the miniboss once brought inside.

Tbh I see no reason not to try it, If we're going to do TFB tomorrow I'll try to do that with my own guild.

KarethRiker's Avatar


KarethRiker
10.08.2012 , 11:06 AM | #100
We're locked out but if you don't get to do the frog thing, I'll try to have my guild do it on Tuesday. Probably has to be done on 16 man though.

I do want to test this theory although it doesn't account for the blue and red sides of the cave.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger