Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Opinion on 1.4 balance.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Opinion on 1.4 balance.

UGLYMRJ
09.27.2012 , 01:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Should have said Vangaurd. Have both.

It was only two matches in the lowbie bracket, but yeah, I started using the other one (not assault plastique) when closing gaps. It worked reasonably well. Less burst on the way in, but whatevs. Still softens the target up a bit while I'm closing in.

AP I started using as more of a kiting tool (dot target, dot and slow target, AP, line of sight around pillar so the dots tick and they take a big hit without me getting any damage back, re engage) that sort of thing and it worked really well for that.

The snare change seemed negligible.

IM's 10m range is a real problem, though. Ultimately I started chaining and using that the same way I was using AP (slapping that on only if I'm disengaging for a second for reasons outlined above). Other than that use, it didn't seem worth the ammo.

there's definitely a dead spot now. Can toss a dart from 30m (and taunt if necessary) while running in, but it hammer shots doesn't proc the cylander...that's it. Wasnt a huge deal in civil war. But it huttball, if harpoon wasn't available, I felt like I wasn't contributing. I scored a goal and set one up (in a loss), but felt like a complete drag on my team.

Edit: Oh, you asked for raw damage effect. I didn't see any real difference in civil war and damage doesn't mean anything in huttball.
Yeah... I can see the effectiveness in HB lacking now. PT/VG's are going to spend a lot of time chasing the fight now with the limited 30m attacks. On the bright side maybe it will teach the masses to taunt since it'll be one of the only options after spamming fusion missile and over heating at 30m.

UberDuberSoldat
09.27.2012 , 01:21 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Buffs to Focus/Rage tree were completely unwarranted and unnecessary. I did not think the spec was OP but sure as hell no sane person believed it to be underperforming. Guardians have to face the fact that Vigilance is now faaar inferior in PvP and only on a par with Focus in PvE.

The other changes were relatively minor, balance-wise.
Vigilance/Vengeance was always inferior for pure DPS guard/jugs. If you didn't know this before, then you didn't know the potential of Rage before 1.4.

sirullrich
09.27.2012 , 01:31 PM | #23
I have only one 50 toon a sorc healer. Before I had a chance to play I read all of the crap people were saying about the changes in the forums. Mostly negative so I had to try for myself. I played for a few hours, but I must say that I've healed better than I ever healed before. The self heal is like having an unlimited wz medpac so it keeps me up longer. The stun range is shorter which kind of sucks, but since I'm a healer it is still useful to kite. The new sprint is awesome and still getting use to the overload knockback. I've never had a problem with my sorc healer, but now I heal even better so for me I think the balance is getting better, but still not perfect.

Jurgen-Ferik
09.27.2012 , 01:38 PM | #24
I play the weakest class and I got two nerfs.

Needless to say I can't keep paying for a product I don't enjoy.
Underpowered Valor Rank 80 Pew Pew Merc.
SWG: Huan the Wookie, Flurry Server

Totaltrash
09.27.2012 , 01:45 PM | #25
You can't balance the game if you don't play the game.

Devs are not playing the game, so they don't really understand what's wrong with it.
Patch after patch, we just go from one FOTM class to another FOTM class.

vimm
09.27.2012 , 02:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurgen-Ferik View Post
I play the weakest class and I got two nerfs.

Needless to say I can't keep paying for a product I don't enjoy.
You also got buffs. You know, like Explosive Dart no longer sharing a cooldown with Thermal Detonator, and a ranged interrupt. Is this WS Huan? Pull it together!

As for my opinion,

Smash was fine in PvP before the update. Giving them more armor penetration, as well as more damage and crit to their execute, a faster smash and the abitity to shorten the cooldown of obliterate and smash wasn't necessary. They took one of the easiest and most powerful PvP specs and made it easier and more powerful, which is baffling to me.

I'm quite happy with the operative and sorcerer changes, all though they are quite overpowered in the right hands - I forsee some nerfs in the future.

The Resolve changes are forgiving to mistakes and you actually spend MORE time CC'd than ever, which again makes me wonder what they were thinking. People are bein burned down in a couple stun durations more often, without much chance to move, unless they have their stun break up.

To me though, the worst part are the little changes they decided to make without even putting in the patch notes - that's quite irritating.

Overall, contrary to what you may have read above, I do enjoy the update - I simply disagree with certain changes.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

UGLYMRJ
09.27.2012 , 02:07 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
I'm quite happy with the operative and sorcerer changes, all though they are quite overpowered in the right hands - I forsee some nerfs in the future.
So as expected the solution is simply to nerf operatives?

Over all I agree tho... rage buff was not needed and while balance is not perfect of course... better.

And resolve changes are bad... IMO that little white bar needs to fill more... not less.

CharterMonkKent
09.27.2012 , 02:15 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
So as expected the solution is simply to nerf operatives?

Over all I agree tho... rage buff was not needed and while balance is not perfect of course... better.

And resolve changes are bad... IMO that little white bar needs to fill more... not less.
Just so everyone knows... smash isn't working correctly right now, it has a fail rate we (some people testing it out) figure is between 10-20%. It's happening both in pvp and pve. This isn't a miss/dodge/etc. The numbers show up correctly on the hud but the damage is never applied to the target.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

UGLYMRJ
09.27.2012 , 02:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
Just so everyone knows... smash isn't working correctly right now, it has a fail rate we (some people testing it out) figure is between 10-20%. It's happening both in pvp and pve. This isn't a miss/dodge/etc. The numbers show up correctly on the hud but the damage is never applied to the target.
I saw that from someone on here... probably you. I would think that woulda been one of the emergency fixes from this morning. Have you tested it today?

And if so... is GTN still down too?

Majspuffen
09.27.2012 , 02:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I think it's an okay change, but not in this environment. Like a former poster said, the time to kill in this game is ridiculously low. A 4 second stun is fatal. Back before 1.2 this game didn't feel like stun wars at all. Not in my opinion, but I'm aware that people were crying on the forums over stuns back then as well.

They really need to up the time on time to kill. The new Recruit gear was a big let down as well, it should have been as good as battlemaster or one step better. I'm tired of gear being the decisive factor in warzone matches.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!