Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(bug) Stow aways on smuggler's ships

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
(bug) Stow aways on smuggler's ships

royba
09.26.2012 , 08:33 PM | #1
So, was on my ship not in a group, saw a Jedi and her companion wanderin around on it. I couldn't target her or Kira. She was wandering all over my ship, apparently stuck. Asked in general if any one else had a stow away, and people responded by asking her name, was the same character on all of the 16+ smugglers on their ships at the time. She finally used her emergency pass and removed herself from all of our ships..was a strange event, I would have posted this in a bugs forum..but can't find one. Anyone else have anything like this happen before? this happened on The Shadowlands server 9/29/2012 at approx 9:45 pm est.

Stenrik
09.26.2012 , 08:42 PM | #2
Wow, that is a VERY strange bug! I don't even... wow.
I don't even... have any theories there

vdeity
09.26.2012 , 08:48 PM | #3

KralicekJ
09.26.2012 , 09:03 PM | #4
Ya I just logged in on my sith warrior's ship where I logged out at and had someone and their companion running around on my ship went to my lock box didn't appear to be anything missing.

As soon as the person saw me they logged out so didn't catch the name was more worried about my items storage.

LadyRaven
09.26.2012 , 09:05 PM | #5
I hope that's not a new hack. They seem to make new hacks as fast as ToR plugs the old ones.

Can you imagine going to your storage/bank later and...its empty!
Please add Legacy perks upto lvl 50. Legacy bank at 5 please!
Master profession's for crafters- Small bonus added exp on sending crew on missions 1XP Tier 1 upto 5XP Tier 5. More varied armor/weapon/speeder looks. Dyes, patterns, crystal colors etc. Bring back companion kits so we can use whomever we like PLEASE! TY!

JasonNH
09.26.2012 , 09:08 PM | #6
Yup, everyone in my guild who has a smuggler found other players on their ship when entering it. This was on The Ebon Hawk. Very weird.

Everlong
09.26.2012 , 09:09 PM | #7
There's a group running around on the smuggler ship on Ebon Hawk right now. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this.

That's a fun new bug.
Sex, spice and Shapa Keesay.

Talimar
09.26.2012 , 09:10 PM | #8
Ships are just instanced areas. Maybe it was the friend of a smuggler boarding their ship, and with all the new bugs added by Bioware, the filter to say "only smuggler X" has been accidentally changed to show for all smugglers.
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

KurganNazzir
09.26.2012 , 09:55 PM | #9
Not as amusing, but it reminds me of the time a month or so ago when I went into phase on Belsavis after another player had gone in and after fighting the boss, I saw their repair droid pop up in my phase but I, of course, couldn't interact with it because you can't interact with things/people not in your phase.

JediNg
09.26.2012 , 09:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KralicekJ View Post
Ya I just logged in on my sith warrior's ship where I logged out at and had someone and their companion running around on my ship went to my lock box didn't appear to be anything missing.

As soon as the person saw me they logged out so didn't catch the name was more worried about my items storage.
Except that when someone accesses 'your' cargo bay, it actually accesses theirs.

The more you know.
Ritha
The Harbinger
Formerly from Ahazi, Dec Oct 2003 - Nov 2005