Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 Overload

Sock_Bramson
09.27.2012 , 12:41 PM | #21
I've been liking it on my sorc. Haven't had any latency issues yet, probably because I can use it a bit sooner. The animation is pretty dumb, though, but that's only a minor issue for me.
-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

Theodulus
09.27.2012 , 12:52 PM | #22
I don't like the changes because the distance people get pushed back seems to be shorter than before. At least this is how it feels in PvP. It also either have a really narrow frontal cone or it bugs out due to lag because it rarely seems to hit the people you try to hit with it.

Dakross
09.29.2012 , 01:26 PM | #23
Hate it. Not as much as the Electrocute nerf, but enough I don't use it anymore.

chisaineko
09.29.2012 , 04:10 PM | #24
Definitely a nerf.. the push distance is shorter, and as a means of escape it is now completely pointless. The damage on overload has never been enough to use aggressively except to push something. Whatever they did with the change it pushes fewer people than before.

As if.. in a game where the sorcs have a dps tree and are still low in total dps we needed another nerf to make us worse at everything except healing.

Chisaineko, 50 sorc pvp/pve

SgtKlavier
09.29.2012 , 08:59 PM | #25
It should push people back the same distance as before, as no change of that was mentioned in the patches notes. Unless the developers put that in without telling us, you cannot say that it pushes people a shorter or longer distance.

The new animation/instant mechanic allows you to cast the knock back of the skill exactly when you press the key, which makes it much easier to use in that sense. It's not hard to get the timing right unless you're still using it in the mindset of the old version.

So far I have not missed any targets I tried to push back in pve or pvp. However, I still have not had many situations that required fast turning followed by the knock back so there may be an issue with the way the game recognizes that turn and where you are "facing" when you use the ability.

When considering the change to conal, it only adds the requirement to use overload tactically, which is not too difficult. I've read posts complaining about what they're supposed to do if they get surrounded as they can only take care of so much angular space. If you are a sorc, you should not be putting yourself in any situations where you get surrounded (barring a bunch of leapers on the enemy team leaping to you at once, which would probably result in your death anyways). With varying situations you now have varying ways to use the skill to achieve the most desired effect, and its general utility really hasn't been taken away. If people are missing targets because of a game issue that is a problem that needs to be corrected, but if you can't position yourself correctly to use the skill properly then you need to learn.

TWittels
09.30.2012 , 06:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by makaru View Post
Is is just me or did they destroy this spell?
Nope, they ruined it. utterly and completely

Nodulo
09.30.2012 , 10:52 AM | #27
I've had sometime to get used to the changes of overload (PvP) and my feelings are mixed.

As stated we all agree the animation and latency of server-client can be a chore to time, but moving on...

I like the more precise ability to angle and push folks, ledges, firetraps, acid baths ect.

I don't like re-training myself to use it in a much different manner. For myself it was a complete defensive cd. I would charge through my opposition just as I clipped through them I would overload to send them far behind me, spin range attack and continue to kite.

Edit: sorceror dps

Simply my .02 credits

killkrazie
10.01.2012 , 05:31 AM | #28
i hate what they did to it. also, why did the assassin version get screwed more than the sorc version? i was comparing with guild mates and the sorc one does 180? i think it was and assassin gets 15m!? wth?

Malkavier
10.01.2012 , 10:51 AM | #29
Actually, the new version is pretty LOL. Instead of praying that it actually knocked them back the way you did with the old one, now you can actually determine where you fling them to. The old one was extremely guilty of knocking your targets straight up into the air and exactly back down into the same spot they started from.

What's great about the new one, is it is way easier to send someone diagonally over the edge of a ramp or to time a KB into fire/acid. They don't just back/strafe out of the way in the time it takes your animation to finish, like before.

It has, however, made it more difficult to keep Operatives away from you. That is the biggest downside, in that you now need to reserve your Force Speed to escape from Concealment Ops.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

ruidiogotita
10.01.2012 , 11:30 AM | #30
It doesn't push near as far as it did. It's utterly useless now.

My mais issue is i canot trow poeple down from the ledges in pvp.

And most of the times with my lag i dont hit them at all.

Was not a good improvement . I dont mind have tto look at the enemy i just want the spell to do what is ment. if i use it and they stay in teh same spot....useless now.